• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mass Crossover Planning Thread

If we went that route, it could connect the dimensions/universes/whateveryouwanttocall it and could encourage communication and huge changes over the whole rp world(s). It could modernize places, but there is also the underlying fact that villains are still around.

Hmmm, well I like where that's going. To put a hold on it, though, I want to try and go back to an earlier question: Should we limit this to certain media, genres, settings, etc.? With where Harvest Ty's idea is going, I don't think we necessarily need to, depending on what sort of approach we're taking.

We could go with a more structured style (as seen in Rift in the Dimensions) with a relatively small adventuring party, or we could make it more open and cast it as a conflict between two sides.

I find this interesting.

What if, during something like Mario rescuing Peach, some kind of rift opens up in the air. Mario (or other character) jumps in and discovers another world (of another video game). After this first Rift, others begin to appear. The existence of diverse characters in other dimensions begins to stir up commotion and problems, especially when they find the most important Rift of all- the Earth Rift. All of the Villains use the rifts to their advantage, takes over Earth, one random guy gets caught up in the middle, blah blah blah

That kind of idea.

This is very interesting and I'd love to join. I think it should be all-media. I like the rifts idea and the post-apocalyptic scenario. But what kind of disaster would it be in the first place? Also what if a character(probably an OC) is introduced that figures out how to manipulate the rifts(and possibly other things, maybe the fabric of space and time, reality, etc.).
This new character becomes a villain and begins to manipulate the characters of the story to fight against eachother. And then another character shows up that can do the same thing, but fights for the side of good. Because these beings are so powerful they cannot be killed or defeated by normal means and they also cannot fight directly, because that would destroy the fabric of space and time. So they manipulate others to fight for them, like Trainers using their Pokemon. They'd basically be like Crayak and The Ellimist from the Animorphs(if you want to look them up information on them can be found at http://animorphs.wikia.com/wiki/Ellimist and http://animorphs.wikia.com/wiki/Crayak).
That's obviously just a suggestion though. I personally think that would be an interesting idea. Not sure what you all would think about it though.

The thing about the rifts- yes, I had the concept for an OC as well- in fact, this is a manga I'm working on. Strangely convenient.

But, the Rifts are produced by random people from each dimension, such as Giratina, Palkia, Kamek, etc.

I find this interesting.

What if, during something like Mario rescuing Peach, some kind of rift opens up in the air. Mario (or other character) jumps in and discovers another world (of another video game). After this first Rift, others begin to appear. The existence of diverse characters in other dimensions begins to stir up commotion and problems, especially when they find the most important Rift of all- the Earth Rift. All of the Villains use the rifts to their advantage, takes over Earth, one random guy gets caught up in the middle, blah blah blah

That kind of idea.

This is very interesting and I'd love to join. I think it should be all-media. I like the rifts idea and the post-apocalyptic scenario. But what kind of disaster would it be in the first place? Also what if a character(probably an OC) is introduced that figures out how to manipulate the rifts(and possibly other things, maybe the fabric of space and time, reality, etc.).
This new character becomes a villain and begins to manipulate the characters of the story to fight against eachother. And then another character shows up that can do the same thing, but fights for the side of good. Because these beings are so powerful they cannot be killed or defeated by normal means and they also cannot fight directly, because that would destroy the fabric of space and time. So they manipulate others to fight for them, like Trainers using their Pokemon. They'd basically be like Crayak and The Ellimist from the Animorphs(if you want to look them up information on them can be found at http://animorphs.wikia.com/wiki/Ellimist and http://animorphs.wikia.com/wiki/Crayak).
That's obviously just a suggestion though. I personally think that would be an interesting idea. Not sure what you all would think about it though.

I got back on thinking about this recently, and I think these two ideas are what I will go with in the end. Something with a bit of both. I like Kai's idea from the antagonist perspective, but I think I could start it off with a plot more like Mohacastle's idea, and with more and more of a reveal towards what Kai is suggesting.

So the gist of it is that it begins with Kai's idea, with a villain manipulating characters to fight each other (a lot like Persona 4 Arena if you've ever played that), but when this does not prove satisfactory towards their ends, they began mixing up characters to break the worlds down further. People will potentially take sides, with some using the opportunity to conquer other worlds. The Earth Rift might play a part, but I'm not sure on that.

First off, glad to see that this is picking up some steam again. Second off, I also support merging those two ideas - Kai's suggestion in particular reminds me oddly of how Dissida: Final Fantasy apparently goes. I would, however, hope that there could be at least a two character maximum (but this is coming from someone that likes playing multiple characters, so bias is in clear effect).

I would have to see how many people join in the end. I would rather keep a character limit, and so multiple characters would be allowed if not too many people join.

Yay! I'm glad there was so much progress even though I was gone(Sorry bout that).

Anyway if we're using Kai's idea we need to adress two things. Who and Why or Who are these characters and why are they in a fight.

I also would rather not prefer the Earth "Dimension"
Though, I guess in one way it could work.
As all the locations are direct occurences of Man's imagination...Could the OC's both be humans who have imagined these worlds/Thought of them, and their thoughts were so strong, they enabled these ideas to become reality? :o

I was actually pondering going with Mohacastle's idea because of that. I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a good motive.

Your idea for how the Earth dimension seems interesting, but I'm not entirely sure if there are any significant consequences besides the normal running amok. Maybe that's all we need, but I think we can save that for later.

I was going for the villains taking over, claiming the normal people as slaves, and using Earth's "advanced technology" guns cough cough to help fight the game characters.

If this does become an RP, there would need to be more then one OC, lest we are able to RP as canon characters.

Note, to save time I'm referring to Kai's characters as good OC and bad OC atm.

Brainstorming ideas...

-Bad OC leads the villians in a sort of evil organization.

-Good OC and Bad OC represent a moral spectrum with Good OC representing perfection and lack of evil while Bad OC represents Sin and temptations, in the long run characters may turn away/defect from both sides as they prefer the middle range.

-Good & Bad OC could be from the prevelant thoughts of societies/universes made solid over a long time.

-If the Bad OC did lead the Villians maybe he/she/it clashed with the Good OC and his forces which in the end caused the incident/New world.

Building on what Ty just said, this:
  • Good OC is not aware that he is a deity created by thoughts; he thinks he's just a regular guy and begins to build his power as the RP advances.
  • Bad OC is fully aware of his power and hints to it frequently, often confusing good OC.
  • Good OC is determined to be as skilled with his potential power as Bad OC
  • This is turning into a lot of gibberish, bear with me here
  • Once Good OC figures out how to use his powers, he rounds up all the good game characters to try and reclaim Earth from the Bad OCs and game villains
  • The Rifts still exist, and they are used to keep peace between diminesions?
I don't know, something along those lines maybe.

>OCs create rifts
>Good and evil ones
>Manipulative villian
>hope immediately thinks of her OCs orz

I'm very predictable sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom