• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokefarm

Zulo

Pronoun
he
Oh yesz I has returned :O

http://pokefarm.org

It is based off of Global PokedeX +, which may be an instant turn-off for some of you. However, it does have a lot of pros to it, including some that GPX doesn't have.

- The code is a lot better and cleaner. The two who did all this are very skilled programmers.
- A lot of effort was put into it, there are egg sprites for all 493 pokemon, plus novelties
- There are actually objectives, not just "complete the pokedex". You have a farm for you pokemon to stay in instead of just a PC. This includes to friend area system of the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.
- You can grow and harvest berries to feed your pokemon, and dress them up to enter in contests.
- Unlike in GPX+, you can trade pokemon with other members!
- There is a game corner (currently only with tetris, but with more to be added).
- Users can't post in the forums until they hatch their first egg. Less noobs!

It just opened today, New year's day, but there are already 25 members in the first hour. If you do decide to join, my username is Erureido. If you have any questions, just ask. Hope to see you there!

Okay, first don't try comparing it with GPX+. As your own points have pointed, it's different enough from GPX+ for anyone to judge the two sites without bias. Making another egg-hatching website with a few additions not included in the original doesn't make it better or interesting. Secondly, the people who made it seem to have tried to copy as much stuff from GPX+ as they can. Or at least, I go to the home page and see a Lab with a (badly-drawn) Professor's pic on the right side, and I see the Shelter, Party, Dex, DayCare, Shop and Stats buttons in much the same place as they are on GPX+.

Whoever these two programmers are certainly aren't very imaginative or original. Seems to me that a couple of people who didn't enjoy GPX+ all that well and were not happy about some suggestions being implemented (like the trading ones) copy-pasted GPX+ and put the stuff that got rejected from GPX+ into it. Besides, such suggestions weren't accepted for a reason, though I don't, or ever will, recall them. And I'm sure that the code's quite fine on GPX+, the staff seems competent enough and it's been there for about, er, longer than Pokefarm. Thus, I'm not joining it.

Oh, and one more thing:
I am Professor Holly, and I love to research Pokémon. Instead of sending children out into the world where the dangers of crime organizations and Pokémon poachers are, I would prefer to keep everyone together so we can learn from each other.
That's as hilarious as it is stupid. :]

Last edited:
Actually, I completely understand. Their entire goal was to make a more user-friendly GPX+, and they asked me to advertise. Then banned me for a week for inputting the wrong birthday =|

Pokefarm rules said:
We would like no one under 13 to register. We strongly believe that no one under that age should be allowed online or on forums and social networks. It's just for the youth's safety, since there are perverts and pedophiles out there.

Been on a site with the same admins before. They're... uh... special.

Those are awful shades of green. Actually I'd pick GPX+ over this just because of the layout. :( I'd at least take the brown on the navigation bar and work on making the rest of the layout match that.

Dr Frank: Nothing :/

ShiningGlass: I actually understand why they did that, because they happened to get all the immature young kids... Unlike the ones here ^__^

Tailsy: Yeah, not to be judgemental or anything, but I agree... I'm mostly there for my other friends. And the Kolink (Kaboom) has gotten better.

Spaekle: They actually are working on that. There are 2 other color schemes (An ugly red and an ok blue), and they're working on being able to have custom color schemes.

I'm going to tell the admin about what you guys said when he comes on MSN tomorrow... Unless there's something else to add. Hopefully I'll be able to convinve him to change the layout ;)

Not that I'm trying to convince you to join anymore, but he added a feature that lets you see if you've interacted with each pokemon on the user page, a live update bar, and scour missions.

Back
Top Bottom