• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

One-Shot The Map

Karousever

formerly known as Jaketiger1116
I am not like the other kids. I know that I'm not. If you ask a kid what he sees in the night sky, he says stars. If you ask him what the stars look like, he tells you they're like small twinkling lights.

But what happens if you ask me?

I don't see small twinkling lights. Because that's not what those are. I see them all. The stars, they're all giant, fiery balls of gas. And they're all massive. How can the other kids call them small, when they make us look like microbes? We're the small ones.

But they don't see that. I can see it all, every star, every planet, every moon, every galaxy. It's all right here. Like a memory, but in real-time. I only know I'm different because they still think they're looking at twinkling lights.

I can see much more than the celestial bodies out there. I can also see on a closer level. There is a vast ocean separating all of these landmasses on our planet. Every ocean so wide and so deep. So...big. Not like the stars, not that big. But relevant to our own scale? Huge. And each of these landmasses is different. I can see every place there is. I don't know the name to almost anything, except where I am now. But I can see it all anyway.

But wait, what is this? I see the Eiffel Tower...so this is France. But how much of this expansive land is France? I don't know. I can't know. The word "France" isn't on this...map. Yeah, let's call this a map. It's almost as if I have an entire map of the universe inside my head.

But what would happen if I took this map and folded it? It's very hard, the map doesn't want to fold. It's resisting my attempts, but I desperately want to know what will happen if I can fold it. I think I want to make this place sit right next to France, so I can visit the Eiffel Tower any time I want.

Almost there, the map is finally bending to my will. I am trying very hard, I have never tried to do anything this hard before. It's making my face turn red and sweat to roll down my face. I can hear my teacher trying to figure out what's wrong with me, but I'm ignoring her. She doesn't understand, I'm bending the map. That's much more important than her silly math.

And then, I did it. The map finally folded. Where I am now lined up right next to the Eiffel Tower. I did it. I was so proud. And I could stop trying so hard, too! I proudly stood up, and took a step towards the teacher to tell her I folded the map. But as I took that step the teacher disappeared. The whole classroom disappeared. Everything disappeared.

Except, no, everything's different. Different people, different surroundings...I'm outside now? But, when I look up, I see a giant metal behemoth. A large, metallic structure, that just beams with superiority over all the people below. The titanic Eiffel Tower. It's so big! But...still not as big as a star.

Back
Top Bottom