• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Associations between Pokémon and areas?

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
Associations between Pokémon and areas?

So I'm posting this because I'm wondering if anyone else has this. For some routes in the games where the grass on the route is broken into several small patches scattered throughout the route, I have a tendency to associate some Pokémon that appear on the route with a certain patch of grass and always look for said Pokémon in that patch, even though the encounter rate is the same throughout the route. In RSE, for instance, on Route 102 I associate Ralts with the big patch of grass nearest Petalburg - where Wally finds his Ralts - and Lotad, Seedot and Surskit with the patch next to the pond at the beginning of the route. On the first route between Fortree and Lilycove (120 I think?) I associate Absol with the patch closest to Fortree. In Petalburg Woods I associate Shroomish with two-tile-tall patch near the guy from Devon who likes Shroomish, and Taillow with the patch near the woods' southern exit, on the right side near the exit leading to the Pokéball. On the outside of Mt. Pyre I associate Vulpix with the very first patch of grass you run into on your way up the mountain. In Kanto games, in Viridian Forest, I associate Pikachu with the very top few rows of the last patch of grass near the exit, and in Mt. Moon Clefairy with the room with the fossils.

I can't be the only one that does this, can I?

Re: Associations between Pokémon and areas?

Bottom right corner of Viridian forest = Pikachu

Near the middlish-top-rightish spot of the water in the Dargon's Den, when I fish I have a tendency to find Dragonair.

Yeah, I remember being convinced that Chimecho only existed in the right-hand patch of grass at the top of Mt Pyre. I know there were some others, too, because when magical started adding locations to veekun, which wasn't that long ago, I was surprised to find out I was wrong.

In RSE, for instance, on Route 102 I associate Ralts with the big patch of grass nearest Petalburg - where Wally finds his Ralts [...] In Petalburg Woods I associate Shroomish with two-tile-tall patch near the guy from Devon who likes Shroomish

Yeah, these so much :0 And though I know it's off by a bit, Articuno and RBY Cinnbar Island.

So I'm posting this because I'm wondering if anyone else has this. For some routes in the games where the grass on the route is broken into several small patches scattered throughout the route, I have a tendency to associate some Pokémon that appear on the route with a certain patch of grass and always look for said Pokémon in that patch, even though the encounter rate is the same throughout the route. In RSE, for instance, on Route 102 I associate Ralts with the big patch of grass nearest Petalburg - where Wally finds his Ralts - and Lotad, Seedot and Surskit with the patch next to the pond at the beginning of the route. On the first route between Fortree and Lilycove (120 I think?) I associate Absol with the patch closest to Fortree. In Petalburg Woods I associate Shroomish with two-tile-tall patch near the guy from Devon who likes Shroomish, and Taillow with the patch near the woods' southern exit, on the right side near the exit leading to the Pokéball. On the outside of Mt. Pyre I associate Vulpix with the very first patch of grass you run into on your way up the mountain. In Kanto games, in Viridian Forest, I associate Pikachu with the very top few rows of the last patch of grass near the exit, and in Mt. Moon Clefairy with the room with the fossils.

I can't be the only one that does this, can I?
I share quite a few of these./

My first Pikachu I caught in the lower left patch of Viridian Forest, so I thought they're more likely to appear in that area.

It's all a myth, though.

Back
Top Bottom