• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Shattered Kingdom (The RP)

Robert, while he had his blades locked, quickly took a look around the battlefield. It seemed that most of the enemy forces had already been wiped out.

"We oughta finish this fight up then," he said to the Lucario, who was still able to keep his spikes blocking Robert's swords, "otherwise those others will interfere and take all the fun out of it. And I do hate it when people take the kills of mine."

The Lucario, seeing that this stalemate was getting nowhere, flipped backwards out of the lock. Robert jumped after him, swinging his blades in a scissor-like motion. This time, one of the blades clipped the Lucario's legs. Grunting in pain, the Lucario landed poorly, and barely rolled out of the way of Robert's next blade swing.

Robert knew then and there that it was going to end in his favor. Whether or not it took another hour or not, the Lucario had no chance of landing a solid hit on him.

Still, I probably shouldn't take my time, he decided, if I stall, I'll lose my kill.

Deciding to end it here and now, he jumped up, flipped over, and brought both blades down into the Lucario. It was over.

Slightly unsatisfied with the outcome (what kind of enemy lets itself get crippled that early on, he wondered) he turned to face the other exiles, who were busy discussing their next move.

No, I won't give any input, he thought, I know how low they think of me.

Fianlly, the battle was over. Marshall walked back over to his mate, Nicki, and then looked over at the Espeon, Eva.

"So, what do we do now?" The Houndoom Gijinka raised an eyebrow, flopping down onto the bench next to her. Nicki sat down in his lap, cuddling up against him. It had been hard to see him take on those soldiers. She didn't want to lose him like she almost did earlier.

"I suppose we should find a safe place to wait out the storm, so to speak. At least until we get our thoughts together." Eva responded, thinking something entirely different the whole time.

She'd really prefer to destroy any goons that got in her way, but she needed rest just like any other Gijinka, unfortunately.

Marshall blinked.

"Maybe we should just stay here? There's plenty of shelter if we hide out underneath collapsed arches and stuff." He looked around a bit, trying to find a place where he and Nicki could stay and sleep in. They could go back to that niche they had found, even though it barely fit only two people. But it was a good hiding spot and was great shelter.

"What do you think, sugar?" The male Gijinka looked over at Nicki.

"Sorry, but I just don't think that'll cut it, darling. Maybe we should head out, find an abandoned house or somewhere else. Voltaire will send reinforcements after us and back here, and if we're found, well... well, we're dead." The Rapidash then used some of the cloth on her shirt to wipe the blood off of her horn, which had been there for a while and had started to run down in-between her eyes.

"Voltaire doesn't keep very good tabs on the mountains to the north, we could go there and try to find a cave to hole up in." Eva suggested, tapping her heels on the floor quietly.

((Bumpety bump))

Mailynn was growing impatient. "What now?" she hopelessly asked, knowing she wasn't going to receive an answer, considering she had been ignored previously. "If we're going to leave, then let's do it quickly. More are definitely approaching."

Not waiting for anyone to follow she set out towrds the north, hoping to find refuge.

(Yes, amazingly short, but it's just a bump to keep this thread alive, so you're welcome. -~-)

(Thanks...)

Eva turned to everyone else, "Anyone looking for refuge can follow. I'm going north as well." With that said, she bounded after Mailynn, using the shadows as a quick re-energizer when she got tired.

Beside them, the sun was slowly setting.

Nyra looked at the two leaving, heading north. Of course they want to seek refuge. Why else would we have fought alongside you? Just for kicks? she thought getting up. Her arms were no longer bleeding but she did need to find something, or someone, who has the energy to restore hers. She trailed behind them but first turned to the group, "I would advise you guys to follow. Who knows how many more soliders are around here, and how many could be watching us now. Living is what you want...isn't it?"

She then turned away from them and traveled in the shadows. As she followed she saw something strange with the Espeon. Why was she stopping in the shadows for brief times? She would investigate this later.

((Did I help? :D))

Marshall and Nicki exchanged glances, then followed the rest of the group due north. Emin kept scouting out the area, looking out for any patrols that were heading their way. They could never be too careful, especially after the battle they just went through. It was somewhat odd how a group of outcasts like them could destroy a small army in a matter of minutes. The Houndoom Gijinka started daydreaming...

Meanwhile, Nicki cast a quick look behind her at the setting sun. A sudden wave of fear struck her. In the night, the darkness, anything could pop out and get them, no matter how strong they were. This wasn't fair. If it hadn't of been for Marshall, she never would've been in this mess. But it wasn't like she regretted meeting him or anything. Dear Zekrom, no. She felt eternally grateful that she fell in love with him, the greatest man in the world. There was no other man who could love her like he did, and even though they couldn't possibly breed because of different egg groups, she loved him nonetheless. Maybe they could work something out after this mess had been solved, maybe adopt or become foster parents. That would be wonderful...

Then, the Rapidash Gijinka noticed something strange. Why was that Espeon acted... suspicious?

Back
Top Bottom