• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Fakedex Collab Club

If we're going down this route, why not make this region some cross between Nordic mythology (along with Viking culture of course) and Anglo Saxon (King Arthur, Medieval times, etc.) culture?

If we're going down this route, why not make this region some cross between Nordic mythology (along with Viking culture of course) and Anglo Saxon (King Arthur, Medieval times, etc.) culture?

King Arthur? Let's base the region on Wales and involve some Celtic stuff. References to Avalon, Arthur, Merlin and Morgana/Morrigan are possible.

I apologize for bumping, but I have had an influx of ideas.

The fully-evolved Starters could be based around the theme of "Ancient Civilizations"

Depending on the kinds of animals we base these Starters off of, as well as their secondary Types upon final evolution, I think we could use Ancient China, Ancient Egypt, and Ancient Greece for the "theme".

I was thinking, like I said earlier at some point on this thread, the starters should be a Grass-type Kiwi Bird, a Fire-Type Snake, and a Water-Type Hippopotamus.

Does that still seem good?

Would the kiwi evolve into a terror bird? I've read that they are related, and there hasn't been a terror bird Pokémon yet.

Well, if you keep the kiwi at just grass, fire and flying might be ideal for the snake; quetzalcoatl would make a really cool pokémon. Alternatively, fire/poison could be nice, if you're going for something more cliché. Flaming poison could be very interesting. I've created a move called Liquid Fire that might fit in pretty well, if you're interested.

For the hippo, you could possibly take the route of a capricorn hippo, as I'm fairly sure that hasn't been done before at all? Also, hippos share a common ancestor with whales; perhaps you could investigate that a bit, making it look less cetacean with each evolution? Finally, if you're considering using ancient Egyptian lore in the region, Taweret might be an interesting candidate. Give it some healing moves and the fairy or psychic type and you're good to go.

I was thinking Grass/Electric for the Kiwi, Fire/Fairy for the Snake and Water/Steel for the Hippo, at least for their final stages.

Praise or Critique anyone?

I expected Ground for the hippo, but I guess we've had enough Water/Ground types.
I kind of thought of Dragon for the snake. Fairy is kind of... a magic snake that is not Dragon? Make sure it looks otherworldly enough for Fairy.

perhaps you could investigate that a bit, making it look less cetacean with each evolution?

Less cetacean? Why not start with a chubby hippo thing and make it look more and more graceful and whale-like?

Are dragons not majestic? But I guess you were going for the Ninetales kind of majesticness rather than the Charizard sort. I suppose a snake could look slender and graceful while also being quite imposing though. And maybe have some of the Fairy type's weirdness. Yeah, I'm okay with it

Last edited:
Are dragons not majestic? But I guess you were going for the Ninetales kind of majesticness rather than the Charizard sort. I suppose a snake could look slender and graceful while also being quite imposing though. And maybe have some of the Fairy type's weirdness. Yeah, I'm okay with it

I was thinking Fairy as opposed to Dragon because I was planning on designing a Mega Feraligatr that would be Water/Dragon.

Back
Top Bottom