• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Possible Generation V Pokemon in Next Movie?

So my thoughts were spot-on. It is a Pichu-like Pikaclone--specifically, Pichu itself. :P

According to PokéBeach, however, there is still a "new Pokémon" to be revealed in January, whether it is actually what we are assuming is that Pichu or something as yet unseen. Chances are it'll probably be in the movie as well, given the timing, so I'm willing to bet that there's more to the apparent secrecy than meets the eye.

Last edited:
That's almost definitely Arceus, which hasn't been officially revealed before now.

That's true, it is possible; it's easy to forget that when you've known about its existence for as long as you've known about, say, Abomasnow's. Still, I wouldn't rule the possibility out entirely.

Wow pratfall.

Just as I was getting all excited about it, too. I want to slap them now. They are friggin' overdue for a fifth-gen Pokemon, and they tease us with this super secret hidden one, only to find out that, doggone it, it was Pichu all along.

*giggle* I'm actually happy about that! Nice fake-out by the good people of Nintendo and I like Pichus.

That notched ear looks good too. More gender changes...? Serebii found out that the Pichu shown is female. I'd prefer more gender changes then a one-off Pokemon with a slight change to its appearance. Still, I think it's only the one ear that's notched...hmmmm....

Why would a difference in ears be moved to a difference in tails?

But yes, Pichu are awesome and anything you say will not change my opinion.

Good point. But the ear does look cute...and the Pikachu line are arguably more recognised by their ears then their tails, especially Raichu. o.o

Wow pratfall.

Just as I was getting all excited about it, too. I want to slap them now. They are friggin' overdue for a fifth-gen Pokemon, and they tease us with this super secret hidden one, only to find out that, doggone it, it was Pichu all along.

Well, look at it this way. If it is some sort of gender difference or other actual mechanic, where are they going to put it but in a fifth-gen game?

I mean, personally I don't think it is anything like that, but still.

Why would a difference in ears be moved to a difference in tails?

Why would a difference in Meditite's ears translate to a difference in the top of Medicham's head when they could just do something to the top of Meditite's head? Why would a difference in the number of puffs on Bidoof's tail translate to a difference in the number of puffs on Bibarel's face when they could just do something to Bidoof's face?

I don't really think it would be a gender difference, if it was specifically named as a "notch-eared Pichu"; at most they might be about to introduce some sort of a feature to make individual Pokémon have gender-irrelevant differences in their sprites, though I wouldn't think it's very likely.

Maybe Butterfree...afterall, they managed to do it with Spindas o.o I don't see why they couldn't include that as a bonus for other Pokemon. It'd make them more unique that way I guess. Thought I'm betting that if they do, the odds will probably stack up to those equal of finding a shiny.

error, error, pichu is way smaller than pikachu yet in the video pikachu put his arm round the pokemon like it was the same height
it can't be pichu cos he's like half the height of pikachu, also in one of the pics does anyone but me notice the new pokemon's shadow disappears?
this gets me thinking that he is one of four things
1.is an electric/flying type
2.an electric/ghost type
3.electric/dark type
4.is jumping up in the air
also, according to the super-crap Marriland there will be an electric/bug type called antric (poorly translated)
while he isn't the best source of information i think it's too early to totally dismiss the idea

...No, it has been specifically confirmed to be the weird-eared Pichu.

how is it confirmed? all you see are these weird ears and we know it's an electric type, Nintendo didn't just come up and say it was a weird eared pichu did they?
it could be anything thus meaning that those things i mentioned could be just as real as there would be a strange eared pichu

Back
Top Bottom