• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Video Games

Lessee here. To name a few in no particular order...

-Mother (Earthbound Zero), Earthbound, and Mother 3 (Especially Mother 3)
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
-Super Metroid
-Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and Adventure
-Psychonauts
-Pokemon R/B/Y and D/P/P
-Super Metroid
-Super Mario RPG
-Silent Hill 2
-Left 4 Dead
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Dynamite Headdy
-Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
-Star Fox 64

Last edited:
Final Fantasy VII is my all-time favourite game. And this was when I didn't know Final Fantasy was a series and didn't use the internet properly, so yeah, don't tell me I was just following the crowd or whatever. D: I've played VIII, X and XII so far and I can safely say that VII has the best gameplay in an RPG I've ever played, the music was absolutely excellent, the general atmosphere was bewitching, and the characters and plot were great as well. Just the beautiful nostalgia of replaying and replaying it~ (Oh, and its replay value is astounding). I think my positive adjective bank has been worn out.

Pokemon Sapphire for the GBA, I thought was brilliant. I though R/S were the best in the series (closely followed by G/S~)

Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap was another great GBA gem.

I also found Rayman 3 to be really good. o_0 And Rayman 2. Bear in mind these are all from my childhood, I get about two new games a year so it's hard for me to pick favourites!

when i was a kid, the games my brother and i would never tire of included star fox, star fox 64, kirby super star, super mario world, super mario rpg, pokemon gold and silver, all three donkey kong country games, super smash bros, and super smash bros melee.

some of my favorite games since then include sonic the hedgehog 2, sonic adventure 2, xenogears, xenosaga episodes I-III, grandia II, space channel 5 part 2, ikaruga, ico, shadow of the colossus, lumines, and earthbound.

they aren't on this list, but i'm sure super mario galaxy and persona 3 FES will join these ranks before long.

Red Alert 3: RTS made by EA. Damn good game with decent graphics, parachuting bears and Soviet Russia. Oh, and Japan. Lots of it.

Warcraft III: RTs made by Blizzard. The better alternative to WoW. Decent story, CUSTOM CAMPAIGNS, and the Scourge.

Star Wars: Battlefront II: FPs developed by Pandemic. It's Star Wars without the overly geeky stuff like midichlorians and I AM YOUR FAAATHERRRRRR.

Soul Calibur IV: Fighting game developed by Namco. Nightmare's new form is beautiful. Also, Create-A-Character's much more flexible; clothes don't affect allegiance anymore; voice pitch can be edited and more.

LittleBigPlanet: Puzzle platformer developed by Media Molecule. The PS3's "flagship" game, and I agree. Any game thinkable can be created in it; I played the Matrix, Dead Space, and I think even Call of Duty. Plus it's fun having a Sackboy dressed as Soviet Snake(Old Snake head, white material, Chimera armor, Russian hat if anyone's interested).

Gears of War 2: FPS developed by Epic. The 360's flagship title, as far as I'm concerned. The story deserved to be a movie, the characters are properly rounded(COOOOOOOOOLLLLEEE TRAAAAIIIIIIINNNNN!!!) and even the Redshirts have a campaign character in the Carmine brothers. Also, who doesn't want a chainsaw bayonet?

Yeah, so my favorite games are, uh lemme think...

POKEMON! The entire main series
Practically every Zelda game, ecpecially Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
Halo!
Fable (and Fable II) Who couldn't like it?
Super Mario 64, mostly because of the 1,000,000,000+ glitches to experiment with.
Pokemon MD (both RB and the Explorers ones)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
DK 64
F-Zero X
Lego Star Wars (I, II and Complete)
Conker's Bad Fur Day

And quite possibly, my all time favorite game:
GEOMETRY WARS: RETRO EVOLVED

And there's many games to play on the internet, many of which are better than ones one has to pay for.
My favorites:
Boomshine
Pandemic II
Paintball! (not the kind of thing where you shoot, you need to paint a line for the little red ball to roll on and get it to hit the red square, more fun than it sounds)
Hotcorn
Bloons!
The Impossible Quiz
The Classroom

And I think that's it.

Currently and in no order..:

SSBB
Legend of Mana

Okay so those are the only ones I'm really playing atm :/

But LoM is probably one of my favorite games EVER.

Other games that I like but are not favorites atm:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Pokemon mystery Dungeon: EoD/EoT
Fable (Haven't played Fable 2 yet T-T)
Mario Party (all of them, but the first is the best :D)
Pokemon Snap
And lots of other stuff I forget atm

Huh. Let's see...

In no particular order:
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
-Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
-Pokemon Main Series (Especially Pokemon Yellow (GB), at least for now)
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series (PMD2 (DS) mostly)
-Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
-Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (GC)
-Digimon World: Dusk (DS)
-Paper Mario: TTYD (GC)
-Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (GC)
-Yoshi's Island (GBA, since I don't have a SNES)

Some of these are games that I haven't played in years, but they still deserve a mention. There are even some games that I intend on getting soon that I've already come to like but don't make the list because I don't own them yet.

Rayman 1 (maybe 2...it was an ok game)
Spyro 3, and what I have played of 1.
Spore
Pokemon pearl, I guess.
Pokemon mystery dungeon 2.
Oh, and super mario brothers 2...but only cuz I used to play it on my uncle Jame's gameboy advance in Spain...and since I can never see him anymore the game reminds me of him.

i don't know if i already posted here or not but

my all-time favorite video game is... guitar hero. let's just say the whole series because i can't decide which one i like the best. it's just the most fun game ever, in my opinion, particularly when you play it with other people. both co-op and face-off.

but after that, in no order besides that guitar hero is my very favorite...
-spore (mainly the creators, the gameplay is a bit shallow) (PC)
-EarthBound (snes)
-pokemon crystal (gbc)
-pokemon stadium 2 (n64)
-mario kart wii (wii)
-wii sports + wii play (yeah yeah THEY'RE CASUAL SO THEY SUCK come on they're pretty fun to play with friends) (wii duh)
-loz: ocarina of time (n64)
-donkey kong 64 (n64)
-mario 64 (n64)
-loz: link to the past (snes)
-age of mythology (pc)
-age of empires (pc)
-age of empires II: the age of kings (pc)
-oddballz (pc)
-petz series (NOT THE NEW ONES, petz 1 to 5, the old virtual pet games with the little bug-eyed dogs and cats) (pc)
-mike tyson's punch-out!!

Last edited:
super smash bros brawl
pokemon gold
pokemon platinum
pokemon stadium 2
pokemon mystery dungeon 2
mother 3
animal crossing city folk
mario kart double dash/super circuit/wii
super mario land
super mario rpg

Pokemon Silver yielded one of the best weeks of my childhood, and since then I have never stopped liking Pokemon. Star Wars Battlefront I is second on the list. Platinum will probably come third when it comes out in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom