• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#tcod tutorial 2.0

It's telling me I "have not registered" when I try to join the #tcod channel. Anyone know why that is?

Could you link a screenshot or something of when it says that? I know the server says that if you try to do most things before giving it user info, but if you're using an actual client, it seems really weird that that would happen. o_O

Could you link a screenshot or something of when it says that? I know the server says that if you try to do most things before giving it user info, but if you're using an actual client, it seems really weird that that would happen. o_O

This is the problem. I have #tcod in the channels thing in the Veekun network, so I don't know why it's doing this.

I don't think ' is a legitimate character in your handle. Change your nick to not include that.

Do people still use the irc and is Tailsy's assurance that we shouldn't be intimidated still true?

Only I have a new computer now and XChat will probably actually work on this one but I don't want to go to the bother of setting everything up if nobody uses it or you people are meaner than you make yourselves out to be.

Whenever I'm on there's usually a good number of people, not everyone's always talking, but if you have something to talk about it doesn't seem to take long for conversation to take hold.

Also I've been visiting almost dailyish for the past month, month and a half and everyone's been generally really friendly.

Do people still use the irc and is Tailsy's assurance that we shouldn't be intimidated still true?

people do! there are always at least six people actually in the channel, and provided you're not in a crappy timezone like mine, people are probably active, they're just not saying anything. there's usually way more than six people in there, but that's the fewest amount of people i've ever seen in there. it's not as active as it used to be, but people are always in there. It really isn't intimidating at all.

if you cbf setting it up before seeing if you even like it, you could use mibbit, which is just an IRC client in a browser window.

Yes! #tcod is still definitely alive and doing fine, but we do spend a lot of time not talking, and new people always help. If you do come in and we're not talking, say something yourself and wait around so people have a chance to notice. Most of us leave it running in the background and look at it sometimes to see if anything's happening yet.

Hello, I'm having a hard time with the mac version... I only seem to get this:

* Looking up irc.veekun.com
* Connecting to irc.veekun.com (173.255.205.177) port 6667...
* Connection failed. Error: No route to host

at best

I have no idea how accurate any of this guide is anymore, eheheh. It's nearly half a decade old, and I haven't used XChat as my IRC client in years. You seem to have made it now, though?

Does anyone still use this?
there are a few people that frequent, and i drop in occasionally... there's a good number of people who are there sometimes, and a handful that are there always. it's definitely still a thing though!

Back
Top Bottom