• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you clone pokemon?

Minka_Glameow

My friend wants me to clone my darkrai so he can get one because he was lazy and wouldn't go to the events. I wouldnt do it if he couldn't get me a Feebas, which i want. So i have a couple of questions about cloning.

1 - How do you do it?

2 - can it erase my data?

If you can answer these questions, more importantly the second one, I'll be very happy! :grin:

I know how to clone in Emerald without crashing the game, but I'm not sure about Diamond and Pearl. Trade all your pokémon to a separate game and try. XD

As far as I know, you can only clone Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl by using the GTS, and even then, I'm not sure how. But if you have Wi-fi, you could always get a Feebas off the GTS.

If your Darkrai has a special ribbon, the name of which excapes me at the moment, you will not be able to offer it on the GTS and so can't clone it.

BiPolarBear, the ribbon you are thinking of is the Classic Ribbon. To clone on Diamond/Pearl this guide shows you how to clone.

Yes, I know. I can clone on the GTS. I got an event Darkrai and tried to clone it, only to find that the ribbon prevented it. Had she told me that her Darkrai didn't have that ribbon, I would've explained the steps to her. I just didn't want to go into a long explanation only to find that it was pointless.

With the second question, as far as I can tell, it won't erase your data. The game has a safeguard against that where it has two game saves, one being your current save and one being the save that it overrode

However, unless you do it right and quickly, you CAN lose rare Pokemon to the cloning glitch, since people will be all over it, trying to get it

The cloning trick functions by corrupting your data and getting it to load the backup save file instead. You're not going to risk your save file, but note that your Pokemon's being put up on the GTS anyway.

You could trade it to someone with a flash cart and get them to copy their save file. That should work, assuming you trust whoever it is.

Back
Top Bottom