• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DIY Pokémafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeKieranator

Pronoun
she
DIY Pokémafia

This is probably going to fail miserably, but...

O.K. So, here's my idea. Basically, instead of me choosing everybody's characters, you get to choose.

When you join the game, you have to post the Pokémon that you would like your role to be. Then, when I have enough players, I will assign roles to each chosen Pokémon. This does mean that if you think carefully, you can choose a Pokémon that fits a particular role you want, but it is by no means foolproof. I'll want about 15 or so players, approximately 4 of whom will be mafia.

NOTES:
  • Without any exceptions, there will be an Inspector, two Doctors and a Vigilante. If you want any of these roles, that's great.
  • The role assignment will be based on what I think is the most suitable Pokémon for that role - I will try to use standard roles if possible, but sometimes Pokémon just don't fit.
  • All Pokémon from Generations I-V are usable. However, legendaries will not be given a more powerful role than normal, so don't choose a legendary for that reason. However, feel free to choose a legendary if you like - it just won't give you any special perks, that's all.
  • To prevent inactivity, anyone who does not send in a night action twice in a row, or three times total, will be modkilled (unless they provide an excuse for their absence, in which case all will be forgiven).
  • Let's hope this works.

Last edited:
Re: DIY Pokémafia

Changing pokemon to....

BISHARP
/
SCRAFTY
(if I land mafia, I call hack)

Sure, let's give this a shot.

...Dragonair.

!!!

Sableye, then. :D

EDIT: Wait a sec. Can you RNG between zigzagoon, ninetales, and swoobat? If not, then swoobat. (Please let me be a lover, please those are so much fun...)

Also, will there be vanilla townies?

Last edited:

EDIT: Wait a sec. Can you RNG between zigzagoon, ninetales, and swoobat? If not, then swoobat. (Please let me be a lover, please those are so much fun...)

Also, will there be vanilla townies?

I will if I can find suitable roles for all of them, but otherwise I'll just handpick the one that works the best.

Not if I can help it. I'll try and make roles for everyone.

EDIT: I'm honestly surprised how popular this has become. I'll give it another 24 hours, then we play with whoever we have.

Last edited:

OK, then. That's 15 players. I'll send out the PM's, and then it's time to get this show on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom