• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Violence in Video Games

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
I already posted a thread positing one of the questions that was asked in my English class earlier this year. Now we're on a different unit in that class - this time posing the question of violence in video games: does it lead to real-world violence? Should it be toned down? Are current video game regulations (ESRB, etc) sufficient for ensuring that if video games do in fact lead to real-world violence, then such occurrences will be rarer? ... etc.

I'm pretty sure that most of TCoD, being gamers, will share my view (that video games don't contribute to real-world violence any more than watching violent TV or reading violent books will) - but the project I have to post for class requires peer interaction. My teacher had us each make a Facebook page about our view on the subject - he encouraged us to provide links to other webpages that supported our view rather than writing out our views ourselves (although I'm a writer so I posted several sentences on the subject), and then take the link to the page and show lots of our peers/friends and encourage them to share their opinions on the page itself, so that this might be an interactive argumentative 'paper' rather than one which exists in a vacuum (that is to say, only two people read it - you and the instructor). So this topic really just exists so I can post the link to my views in the hopes that you guys will post your opinions on the Facebook page! Feel free to say whatever you want - within reason, though! remember this is a class project, so my professor and my classmates are going to be seeing this page as well.

(I know the page isn't very pretty. I'll get to that.)

Back
Top Bottom