• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you dream in Colour?

Well?

• Colour

Votes: 63 96.9%
  • Black and White

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
I'll keep this thread short. I don't have all that much time.

Basically I just finished writing an essay and I was discussing the symbolism on colours in a short story. In the short story they were discussing dreaming in colour or black and white.
That gave me the idea for this thread.

I dream in colour.

Apparently a lot of people dream in black and white. Although I'm sure this is true I still can't really seem to see why.
On the radio it said that people who grew up with black and white TVs dream like that as well, but my parent did and the dream in colour. I find his theory silly anyway, because what about before the television was invented?

I guess it would make sense if the person in question saw in black and white. But a bunch of non-seeing-in-black-&-white people dream in black and white.

Does anyone here do that?

EDIT: Damn forgot to make a poll.
EDIT: There

Last edited:
When I dream I don't see anything, my brain does all the work, I don't dream in either. My brain remembers certain outlines of things

But a bunch of non-colourblind people dream in black and white.

Colour-blindness does not mean seeing in black and white.

And I dream in colour; didn't know it was possible to dream black and white.

Colour-blindness does not mean seeing in black and white.

I know that, I just didn't want to write all of 'people who see in black and white' out again. *is lazy*

Also, I don't know of a single word that means that.

Last edited:
I think I dream in colour, but when I recall the dream it's obviously like I actually experienced it - and when I experience things, or read books, I always recall the scenes in full colour, full images in my mind... guess that's just the way my mind works.

So I suppose I dream in colour... I'd have to compare my dreams and the way I experience them to someone else. And for that I'd have to go inside their head, which is difficult to do. XD

I dream in color.

Except for scenes in certain weird dreams where it's like the people in the dream are watching a movie or something, but those are usually quick to pass.

yeah, the majority of our generation will dream in color.

But I believe I did read the article about how older people who spent their childhoods in front of a Black and White TV set dream in monochrome.

That's really interesting.

Wheres the neither option, i'm like $Tabuu$ I remember the detaisl not watch them

But I believe I did read the article about how older people who spent their childhoods in front of a Black and White TV set dream in monochrome.

I guess it's just people who watched TV a lot back then who dream like that.
My parent don't like TV that much, so they didn't see black and white that much.

I guess if they were dreaming about the TV it's be in black and white, but it's lot like we can prove anything.

Unless you ask my younger self who thought that everything was black and white back then.

I don't know. When I do dream, I don't remember details like colours of things; it's rare that I can even remember having dreams at all.

When I dream I don't see anything, my brain does all the work, I don't dream in either. My brain remembers certain outlines of things
Wheres the neither option, i'm like $Tabuu$ I remember the detaisl not watch them
I don't know. When I do dream, I don't remember details like colours of things; it's rare that I can even remember having dreams at all.

Although I do dream in colour, now that you mention it I can't actually remember things like what colour they were.
I could say 'the carpet was red in my dream', but when I actually remember my dream, I don't remember the carpet being red. I just know that it was.

I'm sure that's not what you meant though~

I think so. o.o My dreams are really weird - on occasion I'll have a dream, wake up and remember that I had a dream and that the dream was weird but be unable to remember what happened aside from maybe a few scant details. :/ (I wish I could lucid dream, though. D: The closest I've ever come to lucid dreaming were two times, and in both I actually - to an extent - acknowledged I was dreaming. The first had my dream-self realizing it was a dream from some details that contradicted fact as I knew it, so I walked up to my friend and said "Hi. You're in my dream." just like that. The second was a nightmare-thing in which I used the classic "hurt-yourself-to-test-if-you're-dreaming" trick and... it worked, so I was just like "8D This must be a dream!" But I digress.)

Now that I think about a few specific dreams that I can remember clearly, I think I do dream in color. It's not especially noticeable whether everything's in neon rainbow or gray, but... I think I can remember some colored places. Oh, right - the dream I had two nights ago was colored...

Yep. My dreams are sort of weird, but it's mostly because I tend to dream in trippy neon colours. :S

Both, depending on the dream. I had a dream once when I dreamed that I was in one of those old crime movies, it was great.

This may sound weird but I never really noticed whether anything in my dreams has colour or not.

Incidentally I don't remember having a dream for ages... =o

I dream in color. I suppose you could say I don't really know that for sure because I could be remembering being there wrong, but I always remember the colors of things. I remember all sorts of hues, and my dreams, however ludicrous, always resemble real life somewhat.

I dream in color. I don't undersand how you could remember the color of something yet not know what it looked like, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I dream in color, and if I've ever dreamt in black and white then I can't remember it.
I don't actually remember the colors, just that it was colorful.

Back
Top Bottom