• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Da'akt Region (AKA "The big TCOD Fakedex Collab Project to revive this forum")

I would say the Irish Elk, but it looks too much like Xerneas imo.

Wikipedia talking about entelodonts said:
Entelodonts, sometimes nicknamed hell pigs or terminator pigs...
hell yes

That, and a triceratops. Because why not?

Mammoth and Entelodont sound good to me, too.

Also... I came up with ideas for the early route Pokemon, but they aren't really from India or anything.

Bird: Quail
Rodent: Gerbil
Insect: Monarch Butterfly
Other: Tasmanian Devil

EDIT: ILS, Shieldon and Bastiodon say hi.

Shieldon is a Protoceratops, and Bastiodon is a Zuniceratops, according to Bulbapedia. Close enough...

EDIT 2: If we still want to do dinosaurs, I would go with Carnotaurus and Iguanodon (Thanks Disney's movie "Dinosaur" for that idea)

Mammals? Game Freak hasn't even though of that.

I also came up with ideas for the Mascot Legendary Pokemon. They are based on Egyptian Myths, because Norse Myths have recently been done, and Greek Myths are a bit too mainstream... (but I came up with a new Satyr Pokemon that evolve into a either a Centaur or a Minotaur).

One version could have a Pokemon based on Set, the god of Chaos, and the other would have one based on Thoth, god of Wisdom.

I don't think so.

Really? I mean we need to see dem horns, man. Dem horns.

I am totally on board with the Tasmanian devil idea. Normal/Ground would be a good typing, imo. Maybe make sprinkle some Slugma into it in that it (or the final evo) needs to always be moving?

Drew some rough sketches of what I think the Legendary Mascots should look like.

I'm nowhere near Ken Sugimori's level of epic Pokemon concept art, though.

I also came up with the names "Pokemon Force" and "Pokemon Wisdom" for the names of the versions. Force Version's Mascot will be called "Fohsutek" (Pronounced "Foe-Sue-Tech"), and Wisdom Version's Mascot will be called "Wizouji" (Pronounced "Whiz-Ooh-Gee".)

Fohsutek will Ground/Dark type. Wizouji will be Fairy/Flying. They represent Brawn and Brain respectively.

And then a third legendary representing Beauty? Perhaps with aspects of Hathor...

Sounds great. I haven't even thought of that!

I also came up with a Dark-type wildebeest Pokemon a while back called Dredabeast. It has dreadlocks, to go against Bouffalant's giant Afro!

EDIT: Came up with the character based on myself, "Ferox", the Champion. He helps the protagonist stop Team Chaos, the villains of the Da'akt Region, and his team of six will be listed below. He also is a famous movie director who has worked with Diantha in the Kalos region.

1. Volkapi (Dark/Electric Okapi Pokemon)
2. Psycan (Psychic/Flying Toucan Pokemon)
3. Ursaring
4. Flygon
5. Wailord
6. Mienshao *(Mega Evolves for this region)

EDIT 2: The Pokemon representing Beauty will be Psychic/Electric can be called Byuthore (a mix of "Beauty" and "Hathor"). I have yet to design it.

Last edited:
I was going to make them all genderless actually, because that is tradition in the games for Mascot Legends.

EDIT: I might give Byuthore a different Forme. One that is based on Hathor, and the other being like Sekhmet.

EDIT 2: Scratch the Sekhmet form, as Sekhmet was a lioness and the Fire starter will be a tiger.

Last edited:
I thought toucans were endemic to the Americas?

I suggest making the Hathor forme more tanky than the Sekhmet.

Toucans have never been made as Pokemon, and I agree with the forme stats.

EDIT 6/24/14:

I made more rough sketches, this time of the starter lines. I have yet to name them, though.

The Grass-type will be monkeys with attributes from Hanuman and tropical plants (ending with a Grass/Fairy typing)
The Fire-type will be tigers with attributes from Shere Khan (ending with a Fire/Dark typing)
The Water-type will be Komodo dragons with attributes of.. I don't know, and the final evolution kind of looks Digimon-esque, but that wasn't quite my intention... (ending with a Water/Steel typing).

Last edited:
Sorry to both be bumping and double-posting, but I finally came up with names for the starter lines.

The Grass line starts with Troparsieh (Tropical + Tarsier... because I accidentally made its eyes too big, like a tarsier a kind of primate with Espurr-like eyes [look it up]), then goes to Junglangur (Jungle + Langur, a type of monkey native to India], and ends with Hanukong (Hanuman + King Kong, or maybe Sun Wukong).

The Fire line starts with Pyrocub (Pyro + Cub, obviously), then goes to Tigrember (Tiger + Ember), and ends with Sheerferno (Shere Khan + Inferno).

The Water line starts with Aquoanna (Aqua + Goanna, an Australian relative of the Komodo dragon), then goes to Komodrench (Komodo dragon + Drench), and ends with Megarinia (Megalania, and extinct monitor lizard that was the largest lizard ever, + Marine)

NOTE: I was debating whether or not I should keep the Water line as Komodo dragons, or make them elephants, and if so, replacing the mammoth fossil with a Megatherium that would be Rock/Poison an covered in tar.

EDIT: I think the water starter could ALSO be based on the Asian water buffalo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom