• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Undertale

ozzi9816

Pronoun
they
So this is basically the best game ever. If you:

Like to feel happy
Like to feel sad
Like to feel any emotion whatsoever
Like fun things
Are not a terrible person
Like Earthbound
Like any game in general
Like to date skeletons
Like to have a freaking awesome mom

then Undertale is for you.

Free demo is here.
(Awesome) Soundtrack is here
Full game is at the same site as the demo or on Steam

Post reactions/opinions here! If you want to talk about a spoiler, please put it in spoiler tags. Thank you

Just played through the demo pacifist. Good shit. Never thought I'd see Radiation go from music man to developer dude.

Why is this in "general pokémon discussion" and not advertising or something?

This seems pretty cool, though, the nonviolent battle idea is really interesting. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

I just finished the game today (all dem feels man), and all I will say is that you might wanna play it quickly cause spoilers are flying everywhere, and it definitely lessened my (admittedly still great) experience. Trust me, I've put 13 hours in to get 1 ending and this game has like 4 or 5. You'll get your money's worth

I just got the "true" pacifist ending, and I enjoyed every minute of the experience. Well, except saying goodbye to Asriel. That ripped my fucking heart out.

This game will make you laugh, cry, and fall in love with the characters. Undertale has great writing, great music, and will make you question the way you play RPGs.

I'll just never understand how anyone can attempt a genocide run and not immediately hate themselves.

I think one is best off doing a genocide run as your first playthrough, otherwise you're torn between having to kill a gamut of ludicrously endearing characters you're now irreversibly attached to or forever missing out on content from an utterly stupendous game.

I finished the game yesterday on the neutral path though I only killed Toriel (accidentally), one of the dogs, Asgore (because he said he just wanted to be with his wife and kid so yeah), and a few mooks I couldn't be bothered to work out how to spare. So many feels were had oh my god and then the game reset and my save was changed so i reloaded it and boom, floweythulu boss fight. Undertale is just utterly fantastic at choking you up like a little bitch one minute and having you laughing hysterically the next. Such a fantastic experience.

temmi iz lov temmi is lif

I think one is best off doing a genocide run as your first playthrough, otherwise you're torn between having to kill a gamut of ludicrously endearing characters you're now irreversibly attached to or forever missing out on content from an utterly stupendous game.
Except some of the genocide run won't make much sense on a first playthrough, as Flowey and Sans talk about how you are only killing in this timeline just because you feel like you "have to" to see what happens. Also, in a genocide run, all the bosses will die in one hit, with the exception of two bosses which are by far the hardest in the game. I've watched videos of the Sans fight and that is not something I would want to attempt on a first playthrough.

Negrek and I have just finished a true pacifist run (preceded by a neutral one where we killed Toriel, Undyne, Mettaton and some random mooks here and there - not coincidentally, on the first run we weren't actually aware that you could spare literally everyone). Oh, man, this game. I'd heard from everywhere that it was ridiculously charming and funny and lovable and great but nothing could have prepared me for just how much so. All of the characters.

ozzi's original post sold me, so I downloaded the demo.

Reaction at time 0: "eh..."
Reaction at time 0.5: "OH. OH I SEE. GOD. Well then."

We shall see how this goes!

Aaaand finished the demo. What. This is so delightfully cute and creepy and I don't even understand how it is both but wow. Umm. Probably going to purchase this.

Last edited:
A good game with decent gameplay that's definitely made up for with its writing.

It's pretty much the most original thing I played in 2015.

This game made me cry and also possibly want to date the skeleton. 10/10 Would cry again.

For real though. When I went in first I was really and truly ready to do a genocide route, just to see what would happen. I'm kind of glad I got thrown off it when I reached Snowdin. I felt so bad at the end that I went through a true pacifist run after just to make up for it.

I still do intend to do genocide though. Can't help myself. x3

I'M LIKE TWO BOSSES IN BUT I LOVE IT SO MUCH

my boyfriend actually started a file but decided he wanted to restart so we could play together, so we've actually been getting a couple meta moments (funny story, he spent like ten minutes convincing me there was no way to spare Toriel and i PROVED HIM WRONG HAHAHAHAHA)

i've been alternating between killing mooks and sparing them, whilst not killing bosses, because they're all pretty cool.

LESSER DOG THOUGH

Oh for the love of all things. I just finished my first run-through. I killed Toriel :'( but then spared everyone else, including Asgore. Now I'm fighting Flowey. Holy crap can this be any more creepy and insane. Is it actually possible to beat him? I'm assuming my file is not stuck like that forever.

So I guess this was a neutral run? Someday I'll try the pacifist and genocide ones, because I want to know what happens differently!

Now I'm fighting Flowey. Holy crap can this be any more creepy and insane. Is it actually possible to beat him? I'm assuming my file is not stuck like that forever.
Yes, it's possible; just hang in there, and the human souls will eventually come to your aid. The game even keeps track of your progress every time one of the souls helps you, so you don't have to start the whole fight over from the beginning!

Yes, it's possible; just hang in there, and the human souls will eventually come to your aid. The game even keeps track of your progress every time one of the souls helps you, so you don't have to start the whole fight over from the beginning!

Ah! Got it, thanks! Oh my god this game. I've been issued a challenge to take on the pacifist route. That will be my next goal, and then... well, I'll have to see what kind of results I get with a genocide run!

Back
Top Bottom