• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Roleplaying 'pet peeves'

When I reuse names, it's because it's really the same character. Not the same with super powers, not the same as a Pokémon, the same.
I don't like writing personalities in forms that much, because a persons personality changes so much! Like, you'll (Or at least I do) act differently around your friends than siblings, or parents. That's just me, anyway.
I think it's okay to have a personality field in a role-play where some people are supposed to know each other beforehand. Plus, you can include those details in the field.
I detest it when someone posts a post that's near impossible to reply to.
THIS! I'm in a role-play on another forum where I had no idea where the trainer was going, so I had to go back in time and have my characters follow him. It was really boring to repeat things in my own words, but at least it was easy enough.
People always assume, "Oh, if you go to an all-girl school, you must be bi or a lesbian!"
You already said this. This confuses me.
I'm so used to roleplaying on forums like that I can't join in on TCoD roleplays. ._. Some people have big posts, some people have small posts... messes with my head...
I can see how it's easier to post more when others post more. I don't think I could do 700 words per post even if the other poster did with only one character, though. With two or more, though, I could just have the two characters argue to each other about something extremely pointless. Conversations between two different people would move as slow as hell and get really unrealistic and makes me question what they mean by "SUPER DAMN LITERATE!" The 200 word limit on Serebii is fine, though, as I can reach that without trying too hard.

I'm practicing at a place where half the people don't make a new paragraph when a different person talks, and it hurts my eyes. >_< Fun, though.

You already said this. This confuses me.

The main reason I said that was because sometimes I'd like to roleplay in a high school setting that's about the closest I can get to my own high school, which, fortunately or unfortunately, is an all-girls high school. And, of course, every time I find an all-girls high school roleplay, it's demanded that your character must be bi or a lesbian-because apparently not being around guys changes your sexuality or something. Kinda ties into real life too but not so much. (also, if I confused you more, sorry)

The main reason I said that was because sometimes I'd like to roleplay in a high school setting that's about the closest I can get to my own high school, which, fortunately or unfortunately, is an all-girls high school. And, of course, every time I find an all-girls high school roleplay, it's demanded that your character must be bi or a lesbian-because apparently not being around guys changes your sexuality or something. Kinda ties into real life too but not so much. (also, if I confused you more, sorry)

It's fine, I just didn't understand why you had to say that twice. I honestly don't see why you would want to role-play in a high school setting that reminds you of your own, as you already go to a high school like that. That's just assuming you're role-playing as yourself. But if you're not role-playing as yourself, I'm not sure why you'd care. Thanks for the explanation, though.

Back
Top Bottom