• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Third World(Signup/Discussion thread)

I've noticed that nobody has posted in the role-playing section for a month or so, so I'm starting this roleplay, which is based off of a fanfiction idea I had that will probably never be done. If I do make a fanfiction of this, I'll post it on the website. And I will use all characters in the story,assuming I make it.

The humans and pokemon of the pokemon world had always believed there were only two worlds, the normal world, and Giratina's Distortion World. What happens when the humans discover a third world, a world the legendary pokemon meant to keep a secret? A world created from every living thing's dreams and nightmares. A world forged from darkness, where time, space, and all other logic doesn't apply, a world where the legendary pokemon have no power whatsoever? The discovery of the new world has sent the first world into a state of chaos, and the legendary pokemon are about to go to war. Who can cleanse the third world of it's darkness and prevent the legends
from destroying all three worlds in a war?

All the rules of this forum still apply, and I'll only have three rules for the roleplay. Rule one is that trainers can use shiny pokemon, but there can only be one per team. Rule two is a bit harder to explain. You can make up rules that the third dimension has to abide by(because the normal world and the Distortion World have rules they must abide by as well, for example, time and space in the normal world and Giratina's laws in the distortion world), as long as they don't contradict any rules stated earlier. For example, let's say a character named Joe enters the third world with his Mudkip, they can communicate telepathically. Then let's say a character named Dawn enters
the third world with her Abra,and Abra can't use it's psychic powers because any psychic powers, including telepathy, isn't possible in the third world. Whoever created the character of Dawn can't make that rule because it directly interferes/contradicts the first one. Rule three is that your characters can be human or pokemon, but if your character is a wild pokemon they can be caught by trainers. Also pokemon can learn more than four attacks,like in the anime.

Character Template:
Name:
Hometown:
Relatives(If they have any relatives that are characters in the pokemon anime,games,or manga, or relatives in this roleplay):
Breif Description(Physical characterists and personality...this is optional,but reccomended,it shouldn't be more than six sentences long):
Pokemon owned(If a trainer):
(Pokemon nicknames are in brackets next to the pokemon's species)
So,here's my character. I'm reusing an old one because he needs to be used more.

Name: Tom Moore Jr.
Hometown: Lavaridge Town, Hoenn
Relatives: Flannery(Cousin), Mr.Moore(Grandfather)
Breif Description: A fourteen year old boy that just completed his journey through Hoenn and is unsure what to do next with his life. He sometimes has visions about the distant past, and he is constantly stalked by his Hypno, which used to be owned by his friend, Alexis,who died recently. He's very jealous of Flannery because of her Gym Leader title.
Pokemon owned:
Charmeleon[Iggy]
Seviper[Luke]
Vileplume[Willow]
Linoone[Nyark]
Spinda[Toby]
Hypno[Cameron]

This roleplay will start when two more people sign up. Anyone can join after the roleplay has started,but of course they post their character here,not in the roleplay thread.

Also, now that the third world has been discovered, any Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type pokemon and any pokemon that can learn Psychic, Teleport, or Shadow Sneak can open a portal to the third world. The portal remains open until it is closed(When the pokemon that created it faints,the portal closes) so your character can simply run through a portal somebody else took the time to make.

Just so it's easier and so you won't have to look up if your pokemon can enter the third world if they aren't Psychic, Ghost, or Dark types, here's a list in alphabetical order. While you don't have to have a pokemon that can go between the worlds,it's easier if you do have one.

The list:
Alomomola, Ariados, Audino, Beautifly, Blissey, Butterfree, Chansey, Clefable, Clefairy, Cleffa, Corsola, Darmanitan, Dustox, Electabuzz, Electivire, Elekid, Garbodor, Golduck, Gorebyss, Grimer, Happiny, Hoothoot, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Kecleon, Lapras, Larvesta, Lucario, Magby, Magmar, Magmortar, Mothim, Munchlax, Muk, Noctowl, Octillery, Politoed, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Psyduck, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Remoraid, Snorlax, Spinarak, Spinda, Stantler, Staryu, Togekiss, Togepi, Togetic, Venomoth, Venonat, Volcarona, Whimsicott, Wigglytuff, Wormadam, Yanma, and Yanmega

I'm not sure what I think of this, but I haven't roleplayed in a while so...

Name: Dar Greenwood
Hometown: Fortree City
Relatives: Winona (aunt, if she's even old enough for that.)
Brief Description: Dar is a thirteen year old boy who's spent his whole life in the trees of Fortree city, and next in line for the title as the Fortree gym leader. Due to this, he mainly uses flying type Pokemon, with a few exceptions. Because he lives where he does, he's an expert climber. However, he doesn't have many friends since the city being so small.
Pokemon Owned:
Archeops
Gliscor
Crobat
Noctowl
Dragonair
Dratini (recently hatched)

Last edited:
If you're still trying to run this, I'll throw in for it. Hopefully I'm not too late.

Name: Peter Whitewater
Hometown: Littleroot Town, Hoenn
Relatives(If they have any relatives that are characters in the pokemon anime,games,or manga, or relatives in this roleplay):
Breif Description(Physical characterists and personality...this is optional,but reccomended,it shouldn't be more than six sentences long): Peter is about 5'8", with a slim, athletic build, wearing a red and gray striped jacked over a black shirt, tan cargo pants, black and cyan shoes, a black hat with a cyan front, and a black and gray bag. He's white, with light-brown hair that's about neck-length with a long bang on the front right side. He's got blue eyes and always wears a smile. He can get cocky, but he's usually quite friendly and always open to others. He's a well-traveled trainer, having been to most regions at least once.
Pokemon owned(If a trainer):
Lucario
Umbreon (Shiny)
Musharna
Darmanitan
Poliwhirl
Electabuzz

The character is actually an OC from another Pokemon story elsewhere. I adapt him to other situations if it fits. In the other Pokemon story, he actually has all the Pokemon he's using.

Hope I'm not too late.

Name: Vincent Aranda
Hometown: Cianwood City, Johto
Relatives:None. He's an orphan.
Breif Description:Long black hair that sweeps past his bold green eyes, and pale skin. He normally wears very dark colors and a red scarf. Tends to be quiet, and saves his words for important things. Highly intelligent, seems a little rattled. Very attatched to his Pokemon, and prefers not to keep them in PokeBalls. He battles intensely to prevent harm to them.
Pokemon owned: Hydreigon {D'jango}, Tyranitar {Ravyn}, Togekiss {Prince}, Eelektross {Victor}, Entei {Grimme}, and Typhlosion {Emberka}

Back
Top Bottom