• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamilton Mafia

Well, look who's left alive, I don't know how he does it,
but I suspect I liek Skeletons' got some skeletons in his closet...
Why, I just think he might be a certain bastard immigrant,
and I'll tell you right now, his destruction is imminent.

Whoa whoa hold up there, sir
One of you isn't mafia, of that I'm sure
Or else the game'd be done, Butterfree,
Cynder, come on and vote with me.

Vote totals: 2 for I liek Skeletons, 1 for Butterfree

I liek Squirtles was killed.
He was Alexander Hamilton.
Mafia wins!

---

Zero Moment — JOHN LAURENS

Your role is John Laurens, a bodyguard. Your alignment is town.

Your win condition is to eliminate all the scum.
Your loss condition is for Alexander Hamilton to be killed.

Your powers are as follows:
ALEXANDER, YOU’RE THE ONLY FRIEND I’VE GOT: Once per night, you may choose another player to guard. If that player is targeted with a killing action, you will protect them by dying in their place.
POP-CHICKA-POP THESE COPS TILL I’M FREE: You are immune to roleblocking.

---

Flora — MARQUIS DE LAFAYETTE

Your role is Marquis de Lafayette, a one-shot-bulletproof vigilante. Your alignment is town.

I COME BACK WITH MORE GUNS: Once per night, you may choose another player to kill.
ENGAGING ‘EM, ESCAPING ‘EM, ENRAGING ‘EM: The first time you would be killed by a night action, you will survive.
SIR NOT-APPEARING-IN-THIS-ACT: If you and Thomas Jefferson both target the same person, both of your night actions will fail.

---

I liek Skeletons — ALEXANDER HAMILTON

Your role is Alexander Hamilton, a target. Your alignment is town.

Your loss condition is to die.

OBNOXIOUS, ARROGANT, LOUDMOUTH BOTHER: At the beginning of each day phase, if you have not been targeted by any night action, I will post an anonymous message in the game thread with a lyric from the beginning of “Aaron Burr, Sir”:
  • the first time: “Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?”
  • the second time: “That depends, who’s asking?” “Oh, well, sure, sir.”
  • the third time: “I’m I LIEK SKELETONS, I’m at your service, sir.”
However, if you are targeted by a night action, the day’s message will be delayed. Thus, on your third day of not being targeted, your identity as Alexander Hamilton will effectively be revealed.
I KNOW WHO I MARRIED: You know that Eliza Schuyler is audrey729, and the two of you may communicate secretly in this Quicktopic.

---

DarkAura — AARON BURR

Your role is Aaron Burr, a mafioso. Your alignment is scum.

The scum Quicktopic is here. Your fellow scum are Cynder and Butterfree.

Your win condition is to eliminate Alexander Hamilton.
Your loss condition is for all the scum to die.

Your power is as follows:
WEEHAWKEN, DAWN, GUNS DRAWN: Once per night, you may choose another player to kill.

---

Phoenix of the Night — HERCULES MULLIGAN

Your role is Hercules Mulligan, a rolecop. Your alignment is town.

TAKE THEIR MEASUREMENTS: Once per night, you may choose another player to examine. At the end of the night, you will receive their role (the short summary of their powers given in bold at the start of their role PM; for example, yours is “rolecop”).
SIR NOT-APPEARING-IN-THIS-ACT: If you and James Madison both target the same person, both of your night actions will fail.

---

audrey729 — ELIZA SCHUYLER

Your role is Eliza Schuyler, a redirector. Your alignment is town.

I KNOW WHO I MARRIED: You know that Alexander Hamilton is I liek Skeletons, and the two of you may communicate secretly in this Quicktopic.
REWRITE THE NARRATIVE: Once per night, you may choose a player to redirect and a player to be targeted. If the first player uses a night action, it will be redirected onto the second player. If the first player has no night action or chooses to abstain from using it, nothing happens (and, if nothing happens, this night action doesn’t count toward other abilities that depend on “night actions”.)

---

Cynder — JAMES MADISON

Your role is James Madison, a roleblocker. Your alignment is scum.

The scum Quicktopic is here. Your fellow scum are DarkAura and Butterfree.

IF WE DON’T STOP IT WE AID AND ABET IT: Once per night, you may choose a player to block. If they try to use a night action, it will fail.
SIR NOT-APPEARING-IN-THIS-ACT: If you and Hercules Mulligan both target the same person, both of your night actions will fail.

If Aaron Burr and Thomas Jefferson both die, you will inherit Burr’s killing night action (but not Jefferson’s strongman quality). If that happens, you will have to choose between either killing or roleblocking (you cannot do both in the same night).

---

Butterfree — THOMAS JEFFERSON

Your role is Thomas Jefferson, a two-shot strongmanizer. Your alignment is scum.

The scum Quicktopic is here. Your fellow scum are DarkAura and Cynder.

SHOW THESE FEDERALISTS WHO THEY’RE UP AGAINST: Twice in the game, you may choose to make Aaron Burr’s killing action a strongman action (unblockable).
SIR NOT-APPEARING-IN-THIS-ACT: If you make Burr’s action a strongman action, and Burr and Marquis de Lafayette both target the same person, both of those night actions will fail.

If Aaron Burr dies, you will inherit his killing night action. If that happens, and you still have one or both of your strongmanizer actions remaining, you may use them on the killing action you inherit.

NIGHT ZERO

DarkAura/mafioso targets X to kill
Butterfree/strongmanizer abstains from her action
Cynder/roleblocker targets Phoenix

ZM/bodyguard targets X (says the forums ate his PM, so doesn’t get a warning this time)
Flora/vig abstains from her action
Phoenix/rolecop targets Flora (but is roleblocked)
audrey/roleblocker redirects X onto X

RESULTS:

No one is killed
Phoenix gets “no result”
DarkAura and audrey get warnings

DAY ONE

no one is lynched

NIGHT ONE

DarkAura/mafioso targets X to kill (backup action: Phoenix [submitted by Butterfree])
Butterfree/strongmanizer uses her action
Cynder/roleblocker targets audrey

ZM/bodyguard targets Phoenix
Flora/vig targets X
Phoenix/rolecop targets X
audrey/roleblocker redirects X onto X

RESULTS:

DarkAura and audrey, who have both been warned already, are modkilled
Phoenix is killed (the strongmanizing bypasses ZM)
Flora is warned

DAY TWO

no one is lynched

NIGHT TWO

Butterfree/mafioso targets ILS
Butterfree/strongmanizer does not use her action
Cynder/roleblocker targets X

ZM/bodyguard targets ILS
Flora/vig targets X

RESULTS:

ZM dies (taking the place of ILS)
Flora, who has been warned already, is modkilled

DAY THREE

ILS is lynched
Mafia win

---

Sorry for the slowness of this game! Part of it was that I got a bunch of extra duties heaped on me at work and didn't have the energy to keep up with the game, but sadly, night actions were barely a trickle as well. Add to that the fact that I bit off more than I could chew with trying to write flavor descriptions in verse, and, well, we got off to a much worse start than I'd hoped and weren't able to recover. Sorry guys :(

Back
Top Bottom