• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Gift Exchange 2017

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
ASB Gift Exchange 2017

It's the giving season once again, and as per tradition, we're holding a little gift exchange for members of ASB! Show your favorite fellow players or referees your appreciation by sending them a little something to brighten up their holiday, whether it be a totally sincere sign of appreciation or a luvdisc with a funny name.

Although you can give a person a gift at any time of the year, for the purpose of this event, please send your gifts between December 25th and December 31st, so we can all enjoy unwrapping them at roughly the same time. If you aren't familiar with the ASB DB's gift function, you can find it right here.

Use this thread to post your wishlist, thank people for their gifts, or ask questions/discuss the event! If you'd like to give someone that the DB interface won't accept (like a piece of custom art or writing), you can also PM me, and I'll post it in a special list here, so the recipient knows they have something coming their way!

You've got some weeks yet before the exchange starts, so there's time to save up or otherwise plan out your gifts. Happy gifting!

We're gonna have more Luvdisc than evolved 'mons in this league, at this rate. Also, new folks, please post your lists!!

Are we drawing names for this?

Wishlist:

I already have too many Pokémon, so I guess it's just items for me. :P
-Link Cable
-Dusk Stone
-King's Rock
-Metal Coat
-Oval Stone
-Berries

I’d love to have a Piplup, Tyrogue, Pichu, Riolu, or Machop! Oh, or a Water Stone for my Staryu!

Are we drawing names for this?
Wasn't planning on it, thought we'd just have people give gifts to whomever they felt like. If you think it would be a good idea to do more of a Secret Santa or other more structured exchange thing, though, we can talk about setting one up.

I would like to take this opportunity to promote the ASB Team Goal List! for anyone interested in adding a profile there - it's slipping down the forum and I like having a meticulously organized list, so don't let it die! :D

Make sure to get your wishlists up! You can post them in this thread or, as Sandstone-Shadow posted earlier, in the goals thread instead--I'll check that as well. But one way or another, I recommend you put something up... otherwise there's no guarantee I'll get you something you like.

This is my own wishlist:

- Any pokémon (or their prevos, naturally) from my "favorites of each type" list that I don't already own
- Berries, any kind of berries
- Life orb, choice band, or choice specs
- All luvdisc will be RETURNED TO SENDER with EXTREME PREJUDICE
- I also like surprises, so don't be too worried about getting me something I won't enjoy.

If anyone wants to get me a gift I'd be honored! I'd appreciate any Pokemon I don't already have, or any items. Rabbit or rabbit-ish Pokemon (Buneary, Bunnelby, Azurill, Audino, Igglybuff, Nidoran, and the like) are always welcome :D

I feel a bit silly assuming anyone might want to get me a gift, but just in case: I have too much money, so if you wanted to spend money on me I would be thrilled if you bought something nice for yourself instead. :O

If you want to get me something, I would love like, an art of Barfie as a Zigzagoon or just any Pokémon I like (see the ones I have bothered to fully evolve in my squad) in their cutest stages, and when I say "an art" I mean a low-effort edit of some existing Bulbapedia image is 1000% welcome.

Oooooh!

Items of any sort are welcome! As for Pokémon...hmmm....

-Teddiursa! One of my faves!
-Fairy-types!
-Honestly, I'll be happy with pretty much anything! Except Luvdisc. Do not.

oh! i keep meaning to post :/// but i also keep forgetting. oh well, i'm doing it now!!

i have recently decided that round pokemon are the best! if you buy me any pokemon, please make it a round pokemon! i will cherish duplicates so do not worry about this. all luvdisc will also find good homes here. (idk if they will have good names, but that's not my problem, is it.) i also just like the thought of getting presents! what can i say, i like presents. merry holidays and happy crisis everyone

It's the twenty-fifth! Please start sending out your gifts. The gifting window is open until 11:59 PM on December 31st (EST)!

(Or, you know, it's technically always open because the gift function is always there, but shhh.)

Oooooh!

Items of any sort are welcome! As for Pokémon...hmmm....

-Teddiursa! One of my faves!
-Fairy-types!
-Honestly, I'll be happy with pretty much anything! Except Luvdisc. Do not.

I should have expected the alomomolas. I really should have.

Back
Top Bottom