• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Alakazam is too smart to be serving humanity and such.

Have you every taken the time to read any of the books you can read from in the library at Canalave City? There's one story that mentions almost exactly that.

I actually haven't gotten that far in Diamond, yet. I purchased Diamond only a few days before I had to pawn my first DS for rent money. I recently got another DS, and I'm just started to get back into Diamond.

...and speaking of exaggeration... Something like Arceus, Mewtwo, Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza or Dialga/Palkia/Giratina could probably pull it off, sure. Maybe even something a bit lower down, like Deoxys or Darkrai, depending on how soon the humans decide to fight back and what kind of weapons they have. But to say that most Pokémon could singlehandedly wipe out all humans is just plain wrong.
Especially in the game universe, where a Dragonite's Hyper Beam isn't even strong enough to kill an average adult human in one shot (as shown in G/S/C, when Lance and his Dragonite fight off some Grunts in Mahogany Town's TR base--the Grunt that gets Hyper Beamed into a wall isn't able to move afterward, but he's still conscious, able to talk, and he recovers fast enough to get up and leave by the time you're done fighting the other Rockets in that base.)

Note that Pokemon is the plural form of the word as well as the singular. I never made any claim that a lone Pikachu could enslave the entire human race. But if a large group of Pikachu were to get together and start zapping a collective million volts of energy through a human, said human would explode like a potato in a microwave.

While Mew on its own could most likely take over the entire human race, and Mewtwo obviously could, as he came fairly close in the movie (but what fun would it be if he'd have succeeded? Then the other 12 wouldn't be in existance), but if a species of Pokemon or a couple species were to band together, it'd be a far cry to think that humans could stop them.

Thankfully, that isn't so much the reality in the Pokemon world.

I like to believe that the Pokemon did take over, which is how the Mystery Dungeon world came to be, where humans are about as rare as a Chimecho in RSE.

All Pokemon are ridiculously overpowered. I mean, fucking Rapidash. Its hooves are like harder than diamonds or whatever? Bullshit. That's just stupid. So is an IQ of 5000.

read: Pokemon is just a game ~_~

With the hooves thing, well, a material called... Lonsoladite, if I remember correctly, was (well, in theory) discovered, having a structure making it 50% stronger than diamond. And another material (which, from what I could gather, was actually found) is 12% stronger

So, it isn't too Farfetch'd (sorry) that a Pokemon may have such a strong structure for hooves. 10 times stronger than diamond is a little much, but it could still be stronger

For the IQ, well, how do we know that they compared it to humans? Maybe it was compared to the average Pokemon. After all, if Dragonite being as smart as humans is impressive enough to deserve mention, then maybe the average Pokemon IQ isn't that high, making Alakazam, maybe, 200 IQ on the human scale tops

All Pokemon are ridiculously overpowered. I mean, fucking Rapidash. Its hooves are like harder than diamonds or whatever? Bullshit. That's just stupid. So is an IQ of 5000.

read: Pokemon is just a game ~_~

Agreed, 5000 seems to be a random high number.

Of course they can. They use their telekinesis to move their frail bodies.

Also, against the whole "Pokemon could easily eradicate the humans" thing, don't forget that humans have technology. They have devices that can easily capture and suppress Pokemon, not including Poke Balls (well, at least team Rocket and Pokemon Poachers and such, but I'm assuming whatever government the Pokemon world has would have technology of that caliber or higher.) And besides, humans can emerge from Pokemon attacks with only cartoony injuries. (I know that it's for the sake of being cartoony, but still.)

Or maybe all the Alakazam really are controlling the humans. They're just smart enough to completely hide this fact from everyone. And mind control.

>.> This makes me want to write something about an out of control Alakazam who goes on a psychic rampage or something.

Back
Top Bottom