• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Prompt and Flash Fiction Thread

Clover

neither simple, nor coherent.
ETA: IGNORE THIS, GO OVER HERE, PLZKTHX

So Kratos's 'prompt me' thread reminded me of a thread from the pre-explosion vB. Basically, if you've ever been to a fandom's anon meme on LJ, it's a bit like that. People request fiction they'd like to read, and other people, writers itching for inspiration, write from the requests! Interested?

Details and guidelines:

A) The Fiction
1) The story can be fanfiction from any fandom (note that large fandoms or those known to be popular on TCoDf are more likely to be written) or original fiction.
2) Any genre -- romance, horror, gen, what have you -- is permitted, but do keep in mind the PG-13ishness of the forums. If it involves explicit sex, violence, language -- anything that would go above that to NC-17 or R -- link it offsite to your LJ or pastebin or something. With plenty of content warnings.
3) There's no length maximum or minimum -- well, okay, it's 'flash' fiction, so if the forums whine at you that it's too long to fit in one post, you probably went overboard. Awesome! Just. Link it offsite, as noted previously.

B) The Prompts
1) Golden rule: try to keep your prompt:writings ratio about 1:1. Take a prompt, leave a prompt, you know? Certainly you can write as many as you like, but try not to leave, say, three or more prompts without claiming something yourself.
2) There are five open prompt spots at a time. If this thread gets popular, I might increase that (I don't see it getting too popular; the last one didn't) but the point is to let things get written~~!
3) On the other hand, some things just won't get written; sad fact of life. Maybe nobody knows your fandom, or knows what to do with your particular prompt. Unclaimed prompts will disappear after a week to let new ones come in, but if an author 'claims' a prompt, it means they are interested and hopefully currently writing it. Claimed prompts will be removed from the open prompts list and remain for up to two weeks from the day of the claim.

Hmm. That's all, really. I know the linear format of a forum thread doesn't work as great as the commenting section of an LJ entry for commenting on a specific post in this way, but comments and reviews are so totally welcome as well! Also if you have any questions about this thread in general, please let me know.

Well! To start things off, we can ignore the golden rule for the time being. We'll need prompts to write off of, after all! So send 'em in! I'll get the ball rolling with one of my own.

Open prompts:
1) Pokémon Special -- Any two characters from Gens 1-4 visit Isshu! WHAT DO THEY DO -- Midnight
2)

Claimed prompts:
1)

Filled prompts:
1) Pokémon fourth gen -- Cyrus and the "Please Make Sure The Room Is Unoccupied" sign in the Galactic HQ. -- Zora of Termina -- filled by Kratos
2) Any fandom -- your two favorite characters from said fandom, and a fight over a chocolate muffin. -- Zora of Termina -- filled by Verne (who is /terrifying/)
3) Inadvertent prompt -- This is much better and people should use it. -- Midnight -- filled by Verne (who is /still terrifying/.)
4)

Last edited:
Pokémon Special! Any two characters from Gens 1-4 visit Isshu! WHAT DO THEY DO?

Pokemon 4Gen, Cyrus and the "Please Make Sure The Room Is Unoccupied" sign in the Galactic HQ. Have at it~

...Huh. You know, I thought it felt familiar. I just kinda... found it in one of my old notebooks.
(...and your take makes me giggle like mad. just thought you should know.)

WELL THEN, scratch that, new prompt!
Ah, what else did I have here...

Okay, any fandom you want, your two favorite characters from said fandom, and a fight over a chocolate muffin.

Okay, any fandom you want, your two favorite characters from said fandom, and a fight over a chocolate muffin.

Alex choked copper, briefly, and was somewhere aware that he felt the slide of biting metal and a cool air on his stomach and intestines.

What he had been thinking: Joshua, oh god, Joshua. He hadn't remembered there being a bakery in Silent Hill after his first run-around, but God knew the place wasn't settling in his mind as particularly predictable; it was easier to concentrate on keeping the bile down than it was on remembering the twists and turns and sudden gaping crevasses. The place had been lit up, which was one part promising and one part terrifying in a way that dug like fingernails on his bones. He was certain he could just see the back half of his little brother ducking into some storage room or the kitchen, skinny legs running, one shoe untied, almost tripping over himself. When they got out of this, Alex was going to buy him some slip-ons. When.

The door chimed when he opened it and he cringed. God, it was disgusting, but so was the rest of the town every other time he blinked. It crawled with bugs he wasn't sure were bugs and stains that he couldn't identify. On the counter, over a glass display case that was empty except for a dead cat, there had been a muffin, like a teasing memory of a life Alex had never had and he, stupidly, reached out for it, because he was a split second out of Silent Hill and taking his brother downtown for fun.

He hadn't noticed the Butcher, somehow. And when he noticed the blade thrust into his back, he was seeing it from the wrong end.

[THROWS A GANG SIGN] WHAT

OKAY, THIS JUST IN: EVERYONE SHOULD POST PROMPTS. WHETHER HERE OR ON THE LJ THING I DON'T CARE. I THINK THIS IS COOL AND SHOULD LIVE.

IF I KNOW YOUR FANDOM I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL TRY AND WRITE SOMETHING SO DO IT :<

A trial for a crime only possible in the pokémon world.

A day in the life of Agatha.

Not much of a writer, so I stayed under the prescribed three-prompt limit. Hope it's alright.

Yeah by the way if any of the prompts offered to me in that thread I made interest any other writers you are more than welcome to them (rff one of these days I will write one I swear). No reason not to share!

Back
Top Bottom