• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chapel Matryoshka

Phantom

Both of Cato's faces, the smoky-black one and the sleeping orange one within, smile at your command. His claws alight with swirling, mountain-blue energy as he charges forward at the creature, wings flapping to help speed his gait. He goes to swing his claw at the lump, but...

Its eyes flash open, and the larvesta spits a gout of flam from its two lower horns. Like a rocket, the fiery bug blasts straight up into the air, leaving your charizardmander stunned and perplexed. The larvesta jetpacks over your head, making a chittering happy noise.

Phantom frowns as the Larvesta jets overhead.

"Forget it Cato," Phantoms says with a shrug. "Let's get outta here, I've had enough of this mirror thingy world to last for a lifetime." Phantom approaches her charizardmander and gets on his back. "Fly back to the mirror."

((Bringing in my Bulbasaur~))

Stormecho stomped into the chapel, rubbing her arms and peering around with distracted interest. Kei followed at her heels, looking perhaps a little less delighted in their surroundings. The Bulbasaur's reluctance to enter was not quite ignored, but his trainer just shot him an exasperated look. "What's wrong? It's just metal and stone and glass... really pretty glass." She instantly meandered over to the panes of glass, studying each one in turn while her Pokemon obediently trailed after. "I wonder if they have some significance? Too bad there isn't someone around to explain..." Shrugging, she reached out to the blue pane of glass, intending to trace the markings on it. Dust and candles aside, it was just a chapel, right? Vaguely sacred and quite cool-looking. Spending some time admiring the stained glass wouldn't hurt!

Vehement Mustelid

The bird did indeed follow you through the glass! However, there isn't a ceiling. For a moment, you think there isn't a floor, either, but it's just a vertigo-inducing optical illusion; the ground is mostly a flat, reflective surface that perfectly mirrors the cobalt sky above you. Puffy, perfect clouds float lazily above you, as do a large number of indistinct v-shapes that you can assume are flying pokémon.

The pidgey leaves your immediate vicinity, landing on the branch of one of several odd trees that pop out of the glass around you; they are perfectly geometrical, spreading out with V-shaped branches. You don't have time to count, but you'd bet that each branch has the same number of (identical) leaves, as well.

RespectTheBlade

You stride across the loose ground, away from the glinting glass portal you came through. You're unlucky at first, seeing little besides some nice wildflowers and a few moving patches of dirt. Eventually, though, you see a mysterious-looking tree! It's smallish, and purple-ey, but it is still taller than you are. It has the distinctive look of a berry tree, and it's covered with blue-white flowers. You spy a couple of black-and-white berries near the top, though. One of which is being eaten by a green monkey!

Phantom

The look on your charizardmander's face is a bit disappointed, but he complies, allowing you to hop on his back once more as the larvesta zips about overhead. You take flight and head back toward the speckled ground in the distance. After a few minutes of flight, a doduo leaps past you two, reaching a rather large height by the looks of things. Your pokémon stops short for a moment, startled.

Stormecho

Of course it can't hurt, good thoughts. :D The chapel probably appreciates your appreciation! It probably doesn't appreciate the bulbasaur's skepticism, but then churches generally don't.

The walk down to the four panes of glass doesn't take long, and when you arrive, the sunlight is glancing off of everything in a really interesting way; standing in front of the blue monolith, you and the pews behind you are turned wartortle-blue.
You expect that the glass will be cool to the touch; what you don't expect is for the coolness to come in the form of a sensation that is distinctly identical to rainfall, of all things. Being that you only intended to brush the glass lightly, you don't see anything out of the ordinary, but your fingers still feel wet despite a lack of real wetness.

Unaware of the church's appreciation - or if it was glowering in its own architectural way at her Pokemon - she flinched, raising her eyebrows and then withdrawing her hand to check if it really was wet. "This glass..." This was weird. Really, really cool but also weird in a way that made her wonder if she should just leave instead. "Hey, Kei, come on and look at this. It feels like... rain." Regardless of whatever looks her Bulbasaur might have been giving her at this announcement, Stormecho checked her hand again and then poked firmly at the glass. Not exactly the smartest decision, but her hand hadn't been properly wet, so maybe it was... a sensory illusion?

Yeah, she really had no idea.

Vehement Mustelid

The bird did indeed follow you through the glass! However, there isn't a ceiling. For a moment, you think there isn't a floor, either, but it's just a vertigo-inducing optical illusion; the ground is mostly a flat, reflective surface that perfectly mirrors the cobalt sky above you. Puffy, perfect clouds float lazily above you, as do a large number of indistinct v-shapes that you can assume are flying pokémon.

The pidgey leaves your immediate vicinity, landing on the branch of one of several odd trees that pop out of the glass around you; they are perfectly geometrical, spreading out with V-shaped branches. You don't have time to count, but you'd bet that each branch has the same number of (identical) leaves, as well.

"Incredible!" I exclaim.

I walk in the direction away from the chapel, and towards the oddly-shaped trees. My companion, still seeming quite anxious, follows close behind.

This place is unlike anything I've ever seen. Plato would be having a field day.

while the tree and the monkey are certainly interesting, the berries really catch Blade's eye.

"Are those... Hey, Shade? could you please use Shadow Sneak to grab one of those berries without disturbing that Pansage? I want to try and catch it after I see what they are."

Blade then grabs a pokeball from his pocket, ready to fling it if need be.

Phantom

The look on your charizardmander's face is a bit disappointed, but he complies, allowing you to hop on his back once more as the larvesta zips about overhead. You take flight and head back toward the speckled ground in the distance. After a few minutes of flight, a doduo leaps past you two, reaching a rather large height by the looks of things. Your pokémon stops short for a moment, startled.

Cato is flying at a good speed, when all of a sudden he stops, flapping his wings and hovering, a look of surprise on his nonface. Phantom looks in the direction he's watching, and her eyes grow wide in surprise. How the hell can that thing fly?! It has no wings... I never got that...

"Uh, I think we need a Doduo crossing sign around here," she says with a laugh. "It's ok Cato, he wasn't using his blinker when he was merging. To the mirror."

(Oh wow. A free zone. I'd like to try it out, taking my MUDKIPZ Tidal Wave along. If you cannot see the link to my PC in my sig, refresh your page. BTW: I'm not really experienced in RPing, but I'll try anyway)

LuckyLapras nervously enters the chapel, with his trusty Mudkip closely following, with a scared look on his face.

Stormecho

Your finger isn't hindered at all by the glass and slides through without a hitch, along with most of your hand. An area of your hand of about the same volume as the glass in front of you has a definite sensation of driving rain. The rest of your hand that's passed through the glass, namely your fingers, doesn't feel wet.

Your bulbasaur tentatively wiggles a vine into the glass, quickly jerking it back out.

Vehement Mustelid

"Incredible!" you hear, echoing back from the trees. It sounds exactly like you. A chatot sits in a semidistant tree branch, looking interestedly at you.

"Incredible, incredible, incredible!"

RespectTheBlade

The pansage seems rather preoccupied, although it gives you a short, interested glance before returning to its berry. Meanwhile, your dusclops nods to you (despite having no neck) and throws a punch at the ground; his fist disappears into the tree's shadow. The shade around you shivers a bit and, after a few seconds, distorts upwards in the shape of an arm; the disembodied limb reaches up, up, and plucks a berry free. After another brief wait, the berry is out your dusclops's hands and in yours.

sprite=item]enigma-berry[/sprite]

Phantom

Your charizardmander steels himself (read: glances around for more doduo) before taking off again; if you look behind you, you'll see the doduo go rocketing back down at the ground, stub-wings flapping wildly to slow its decent.

A while later, you've arrived at the door back. After your charizardmander lands, his smoky-black body fades away, leaving a sleeping charmander on the coals below. Cato's tail rests on the ground, lighting a few rocks.

LuckyLapras

(If it helps, you're doing fine so far!)

The inside of the chapel doesn't seem too scary; it's all lit up with the dusk's light that streams in through the stained-glass windows. There are some unlit candle sall about, a row of pews set upon some stairs, and, at the far side of the iron church, four shining glass rectangles in different colors.

LuckyLapras

(If it helps, you're doing fine so far!)

The inside of the chapel doesn't seem too scary; it's all lit up with the dusk's light that streams in through the stained-glass windows. There are some unlit candle sall about, a row of pews set upon some stairs, and, at the far side of the iron church, four shining glass rectangles in different colors.

(Thanks! =D)

LuckyLapras sees the shine of the windows and goes to investigate why it is so shiny in a chapel like this. Tidal Wave follows behind still, but attemptsto Mud Shot the candles in fear of them burning him.

Glass was, well, glass. Fragile but most definitely solid and having her hand slide through it like it was nothing was not supposed to happen. At all. Stormecho gaped soundlessly at the glass, then at her hand, which, once wiggled, proved to not have been lopped off or otherwise separated from her body. It was just... going through glass. Yeah. Gripped by a sudden fear that she had turned into a ghost or faded from reality or something, she yanked her hand back out, then poked the wall to determine if she could go through everything or just the glass.

But she had opened the door, hadn't she? The door had been solid. She hadn't gone through that.... Just what was going on?

"I'm not a ghost, am I?" This was still better than, say, a faceless guy in a suit showing up behind her, but she was creeped out enough as it was.

Back
Top Bottom