• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The musical talents of ...

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
I guess they're not really talents, but I love playing music that I like. I'd love to post some original work here, but I'm terribly self-conscious of music that I make, particularly if I feel that the chord progression is too typical or the song is just too 'light'.

For the moment, expect some covers. I hope you enjoy, even if my taste in music is a bit... questionable. :P I'm sorry for making these .WAVs, but I don't have the LAME thing for Audacity to save the files as mp3s (plus, mp3s have bad sound quality, although considering I recorded this with an oversensitive microphone in a tiny room, I shouldn't be talking about sound quality).

Please excuse the slow loading times! I hosting these large WAVs myself, so it may take a few seconds for it to load. Again, I apologize.

Caramelldansen
In the key of C~ The chords for the chorus are actually wrong - I play C, G, Em, and F. That Em should be an Am. Ah well, I already recorded it and it doesn't sound that bad. I made a few goofs involving the bass and one part in the melody. Ignore the drum loop; I wanted to play something that wasn't terribly off-tempo and choose the default drum loop. I have no drummer friends. D:
Piano/Keyboards: ...
Synth Bass: ...
Musical Saw (it makes a cameo appearance!): ...
Guitar: My dad (the guitar only appears for the first verse and chorus, but shh)
If this is 'too slow' for you, here's a speedycake remix.

Dire Dire Docks (or Jolly Roger Bay)
This is the first video game song I learned to play on the piano. I've always liked this song. It's in the key of G. This is pretty bare; I plan to add some musical saw in there and maybe use the Synth as a bass alongside the piano. As you can tell, I had some fun with the synth here.
Piano/Keyboards: ...
Synth: ...

The Entertainer
In the key of C, I think. This song is so nice and bouncy; it's nice to finally be able to play it. There's nothing on here except the piano and keyboards, played by ... . I actually did something with stereo in the beginning. My foot was so tired from using and stopping the pedal. xP I know I made some mistakes here.

So, tell me what you think. I might even take requests, provided I know or like the song (and the song isn't too hard to play :P)

Last edited:
Aw, my tracks are apparently terrible. ]: Well, I can't blame youse for not commenting. They aren't even of that good quality. I recorded this all in a tiny room full of chairs and tables and other crap with the microphone in front of the keyboard amplifier. :P

I love this song, so I finally decided to record it. Sadly, I really can't play it with both hands, so I recorded the bass part and the treble part seperately. I decided to do some stuff with stereo and sound placement. If you don't know what I did,
I made the bass part appear as if it were further back and made the treble part appear closer

The Battle of Final Destiny (or Pokey means Business) [or Giygas's Theme]
Have fun with it. I tried to do percussion, but I'm clearly not cut out to be a great drummer. XP Whatever; I had fun with it. :D

Last edited:
Listened to this a while ago, but forgot to comment. Whoops!

I really like what I hear; you certainly have a talent and I can't wait to hear more. ^^ Please do post it if you ever make more!

Have you ever thought about composing original stuff?

I'm sorry for making these .WAVs, but I don't have the LAME thing for Audacity to save the files as mp3s (plus, mp3s have bad sound quality, although considering I recorded this with an oversensitive microphone in a tiny room, I shouldn't be talking about sound quality).
About this: WAVs are generally much worse than MP3s. A well-encoded MP3 with a decent bitrate is probably the best universal lossy format you'll be able to have. The LAME encoder is really easy to use, too, especially with Audacity.

Back
Top Bottom