• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A couple of questions about regions

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
I'm European but I'm in North America right now, so I was wondering

1) Does the Masuda Method work by region or language? Would it apply if I traded with people here?

2) Does the eshop go by where you are, or what region your console is? Would I be able to download Bank today even though I'm in America?

Masuda Method works when the pokes are of different languages; i.e. they have a language 'marker', like JPN or ITA next to their names in the summary screen. The actual region doesn't seem to matter.
Example: my 3DS is set to Finland and the English-language pokemon I catch in my game are pretty much the same as English-language pokemon from an Australian's game (= they won't give the higher shiny chance if bred together).

I'm not 100% certain of the eShop thing, but I have a strong feeling it just depends on what region your 3DS is from originally (since they're region-locked and all). You should probably just try and see what happens. :P

I'm not 100% certain of the eShop thing, but I have a strong feeling it just depends on what region your 3DS is from originally (since they're region-locked and all). You should probably just try and see what happens. :P
It should work, since back in the day my DSi was set to North America, but I lived in Europe; all the North American rates applied and stuff. The system was bought in America.

It's now known that Europe, Australia, and New Zealand now have Pokebank. However, in these regions, is it still free for the first month, or must it be paid for to even get it?

Yeah it's still free. They extended the free trial period to the 14th of March.

The free Celebi is also available, you apparently need to dick around with something (get pokemiles/BP from the Bank lady, receive them in your game and then go back to the bank and something idk) and you'll get the Celebi.
Best part is that it has your OT and ID so you can change its name! :D

Back
Top Bottom