• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sprites!Mafia [Game]

nxAMav6.png

Uh, I'm, like, pretty sure Maimi gave out roles randomly, silly!

If he's mafia, we win. If he's not, then lynch me.
Uh, I'm, like, pretty sure Maimi gave out roles randomly, silly!

5%28127%29.png

Um, you're both wrong in some way...

Mr. Justice, there is no possible way /to/ lynch you tomorrow if he's not, because mafia win when they have a number of living members greater than or equal to the number of innocents! And, if we lynch you, there's no possible way to lynch Majora if you're not mafia... Hmm, why didn't you mention the 50% chance of success earlier? That makes me suspicious... And Sunflora, yes she did but the vines/arms/strangulation is flavor, not roles! Lots of the victims were killed by being strangled. However, you have vines, so you're not entirely cleared of suspicion... I'm not changing my vote, though.

5%28120%29.png

ILS, could you clarify exactly who you've targeted for the past 6 nights? We might be able to get leads from that, since there's no other way...

fRGzEiK.png

Oh! I, like, didn't even think about it that way, but I suppose, like, that logic makes sense! Although, I think I should, like, point out that ILS' story is a lot more holey than, like, mine! At least there's, like, nothing pointing to my being Mafia other than, like, some flavour, which could, like, be interpreted multiple ways.

apollo-nods.gif

Gladly.

apollo-document%28b%29.gif

(Play this as you read!)
N0- Tailsy.
N1- Tailsy, again. Remember that whole business about targeting who you targeted the first night? This is because of that.
N2- hopeandjoy. This was before the fact that she was don came to light.
N3- Metallica Fanboy.
N4- Alligates.
N5- Eifie. Now, the flavor said VM was strangled, and they are fishing brothers; Eifie's death flavor looked more like a suicide, I can't protect from that.
N6- Ether's Bane. Obviously, my action didn't go through.

Does that shed light on anything?

apollo-bashful%28b%29.gif

Sorry for not talking about my role earlier... I'm very cautious with my roles, so I don't like telling their particulars.

The townsfolk do not stray from their homes as the night passes, kept by fear and suspicion - though they had just caught a mafia member, they fear retaliation, as if they had woken the sleeping beast. Each person is late to their daily daily meeting in the square, and as time passes, the absence of Chiaki gets particularly noticeable. Nervous and starting to worry, the townspeople head to her house, where the doors are locked and the curtains drawn on the floor-to-ceiling windows. As they quickly find out, save for the curtains and glass, those windows are unsecured; the Blob quickly smashes through the wide window and leads the expedition in. Some come, some don't, looking disdainfully at the pile of broken glass on the floor; debris from the dramatic entrance had flown across the room and embedded itself amongst the furniture. Vriska was the first to notice it was embedded in something else, too - Chiaki's corpse, collapsed near her bed and clutching nothing but a pen. Shards of glass had just flown into her body, but the rope marks around her neck clearly indicated strangulation.
I liek Squirtles said:
hopeandjoy. This was before the fact that she was don came to light.

5%28120%29.png

(music?!)
You're looking more and more suspicious, Mr. Justice... First, how did you know hopeandjoy was mafia don? It certainly wasn't revealed in her death text that day, and I'm not quite inclined to believe it was an assumption... And, second, there were rope marks around Nanami-san's neck, not vine marks! From my experience, vines are smooth (look at that picture!) and ropes are at least a little bumpy.

Since flavor is our only clue right now, I'm going to keep my vote.

apollo-normal%28b%29.gif

Hm? I thought the flavor said that. Probably confused with another game I played recently where they did reveal role upon death.

apollo-thinks%28b%29.gif

Not all vines are created equal, Ms. Asahina.

nxAMav6.png

Like, don't be completely ridiculous, Mr. Justice! It, like, clearly says rope marks, not vines or anything! Besides, while you, like, did quite a good job covering yourself, we can, like, all tell that's exactly what you're, like, doing! My vines are nice and smooth, thank you very much.

The two remaining villagers turn on Apollo Justice, shaking their heads sadly. No matter how much the attorney spoke, they were convinced... so they had to kill him. At that realization, he began to rage, first feinting for an attack, then running away once he realized his odds - both Sunflora and Aoi were strong, enough to take him on their own, even. But his sprint didn't last long either - the sun was fading, but still bright, as Sunflora fired a solar beam that hit him straight in the back and knocked him flat. Another one did the job, and the two survivors looked nervously at each other before examining the body - they found a note from Phoenix in his pocket, and in his house, they found even more rope, along with medical supplies. They nervously agreed to trust each other, and walked away to their homes, tired with the events of the day.

I liek Squirtles is dead. He was mafia.
Innocents win!

PLAYER: Eifie
CHARACTER: Henry
ROLE: Lover
WIN CONDITION: You win when the mafia are dead.
COMMUNICATION: You may communicate with VM out-of-thread.

Love! Such a beautiful thing - the heart pumping beautiful blood quicker and quicker, filling your cheeks, reddening your whole body, just waiting to be spilled...

It's like hot coffee. It burns, but it energizes, and keeps you running through the night. It comes in different intensities, and in a proper love the blood is brewed and stewed until you can't get enough - you need to see your love, you need to kill something, anything like that. You don't know how you fell for your love - it seems like a fated match, though, one fit for both of you, wherein you're both as cute as dead puppies and as passionate as cursed wolves.

Your love? It's Godot, of course!

PLAYER: DarkAura
CHARACTER: Corphish
ROLE: Oracle
COMMUNICATION: You may not communicate out-of-thread.

You're psychic. Have you taken the dimensional scream ability from Team Pokepals? Because every night, with great care, you can emit a loud, piercing shriek of "hey, hey! in the form of a question: this goes up the heavens, and you get a firm, authoritative answer. Whatever deity you pray to is somehow able to translate this into a yes or no question, which they respond to gladly and truthfully.

(I tried so hard with everyone else's. But how am I supposed to explain this?!)

PLAYER: Alligates
CHARACTER: Aoi Asahina
ROLE: Doctor

The life of an athlete is very fragile. Any injury, any illness, could result in something horrible: an injury that would require surgery, recovery, and loss of precious practicing time. But you never falter! You practice daily and with unmatched zeal, and that's why you're going to be an Olympic athlete, both literally and figuratively.

You have, however, learned to be careful. A healthy diet and exercise grant you an amazingly strong immune system, but you have to know how to care for your body if it turns out you need more than just that. When you were younger, you learned dozens of first-aid techniques, and while you mostly applied them to yourself, you know they can used on others now as well. Every night, you may visit someone and care for them, patching up their wounds and even saving their life if necessary. You're very talented. But beware: your care isn't professional, and if combined with other healing attempts, your patient will die.

PLAYER: Metallica Fanboy
CHARACTER: Blob
ROLE: Terrorist
WIN CONDITION: You win when the mafia-aligned outnumber the innocent.

"Twas a pleasure to beat you!"

Goojitsu is a powerful martial art, and you've became an expert in it. Perhaps this is a reflection of your character, because your body certainly isn't: you're completely bloodthirsty and love to fight. Although you figure you're a force of good, your morals align you to the cause most fun. So, when you learned that a new crime family was in town, you didn't know or care who they were, and you decided to support them no matter what, because stirring up trouble and fights was something you lived for.

During the day, you can choose to challenge someone to a fight, of which you'll most certainly win; you're the original clay, after all! However, your victory will be short-lived, and you know it - the people around here just can't stand duels, and don't appreciate murderers too much. As such, you will be killed afterward, and their day will continue on.

PLAYER: Majora
CHARACTER: Sunflora
ROLE: Bleeder

Pokemon are well-known as resilient creatures. Even sunflora, evolving from sunkern as the weakest of the weak, are strong and resilient, and known for growth in the condition of hardship. The power of synthesis and growth, the steadiness of ingrain, not to mention the less acceptable methods of leeching health from others, all add up to a very sturdy character. Your stalwart and unflinching optimism help even more.

These combined after an attack help keep you alive. Unfortunately, you can't save yourself in this unnatural environment - there isn't enough sun, dirt, and greenery to fuel you here. But you can hold on. If you are killed by any violent method, you can hang on until nightfall the next day, soaking up the warmth of the sun in attempt to heal - you will receive a message if you are hit.

PLAYER: hopeandjoy
CHARACTER: Phoenix Wright
ROLE: Don
COMMUNICATION: You may communicate with ILS out-of-thread.

Wow! An ex-ace attorney accused of murder! How big of a framing is that?!

... No framing at all, actually. You've been carrying on your business for a long time - bad business practices, bribes, blackmail, drugs... the general stuff. Though for the longest time, it was bloodless! You never had to kill anyone! You let your clients do that, and then you defended them.

This went on for a long time. But eventually, something happened that you needed to take care of yourself. The falsified evidence you presented was not meant to be found out: it was completely intentional. Like most of your evidence, it came completely from you, created to exonerate criminals you created. When you went to university, you learned to defend your clients legally and to the best of the law: however, it was not meant to clear the guilty, so you furthered your education when necessary.

One day, however, investigation went too far. They revoked your attorney's badge, and started to dig - fearing what they'd find buried, you decided to nip the case in the bud, and killed the chief detective on the case. Of course, that wasn't even the end of it... as it became increasingly obvious you were going to trial, you approached your protege Apollo Justice, asking - begging, pleading - for help. He agreed, of course; you were his teacher! You would never use falsified evidence or commit murder, or so he thought.

You faked evidence for this trial, too, out of desperation. It was your only choice, and when it was found out, you became increasingly panicked. You admitted your guilt to Apollo Justice, and, shocked - he agreed to do whatever you said. So you two ended the case with another murder - securing a scapegoat in the process - and, free, you went back to what you knew best.

More crime and murder. More mafia.

(The RNG worked pretty well with this mafia pairing?)

PLAYER: I liek Squirtles
CHARACTER: Apollo Justice
ROLE: Mafia Doctor
COMMUNICATION: You may communicate with hopeandjoy out-of-thread.

Well, you're no longer a beacon of justice, are you! In fact, a nefarious criminal is about the opposite of what you expected when you became an ace attorney... how did this begin?

Well, it all started when you got onto the case of a Mr. Phoenix Wright. He was, for a long time, your teacher in all things legal - until he got in trouble with the law itself. Before you even knew it, he was stripped of his attorney's badge and came to you asking for help. He was accused of murder!

You agreed to help him, of course. You supported him throughout the trial, no matter what anyone else said. You cleared him of his crime with no effort at all, but couldn't get his badge restored. You thought that was all, paying a debt to a former teacher and dear friend, but in the end...

You came back to trial. The evidence was falsified. What happened? Everything was going against you, and opposing evidence was piling up. Eventually, you came to an awful conclusion... Phoenix Wright had committed a murder. You approached him about this, and asked him; he was innocent, right?

... It turns out he wasn't. And he was trapped, so the only choice was for him to kill again. You didn't even ask why - you had to follow him, now, and help him with whatever he's doing. You two are a pair now, after all. So if he gets hurt, you can help.

(Wow, perfect coincidence to roll you and hopeandjoy!)

PLAYER: Vanilla Mongoose
CHARACTER: Godot (Diego Armando)
ROLE: Lover
COMMUNICATION: You may communicate with Eifie out-of-thread.

Oh, what it's like to be in love! ... How was it, actually. How're things with Mia Fey?

The point is, you've already been through one tragic love story. Another one could kill you, and yet you fall in love again, with a wonderful, animal-loving man. His name is Henry, and you overlook all his faults - even the larger ones, like a disturbing love of battle and blood.

The thing is, losing him would destroy you. You don't think you could live without him...

PLAYER: Ether's Bane
CHARACTER: Vriska Serket
ROLE: Doctor
COMMUNICATION: You may not communicate out of thread.

Gimme a 8r8k! You're always being typecast as so evil! And may8e em8racing the 8adness is enjoyable, but it gets old after a while. So, a roll of the Flourite Octet, go god tier, and you have your ability to control luck and your own health. What do you do with it?

Try preventing catastrophe, of course. Use your Light powers and you find that a murderer will never even touch your target. But combine it with another person trying to heal, and you just get a case of 8ad luck...

PLAYER: Tailsy
CHARACTER: Chiaki Nanami
ROLE: Dreamer

Yawn...

You're always so sleepy! It seems like you slip off into unconsciousness at the most inconvenient times. Yet there is one advantage to this: you're psychic. (Kidding, just kidding!) At the very least, though, your subconscious has excellent intuition, and you've learned to trust it. Sometimes the strangeness of dreams cuts through the vagueness of perception in the best possible way.

So, every night when you go to sleep, you try to think about the mysteries of life and let the answers reveal themselves to you. When you wake up at the beginning of each day phase, you record your dreams: every night, they will reveal either one of two things. You will either find that there is an individual you are certain you can trust, and know that they are innocent; or you will discern a suspicious-looking character, aligned with the mafia - but, obscured as they are by dream logic, you are unsure of their identity. You then get a list of three players, then, at least one of which is aligned with the mafia; of the other two, you're unsure.

Too bad, though, that you're such a light dreamer! Any possible disturbance sends your divinations floating away into the clouds that you use to count sheep: if you are targeted at night at all, you awaken and receive no recollection of the dreams you were having.

(An experimental role that I found on epicmafia: I like the idea, but I guess you're going to have to test it out? Heh.)

Actions are unfortunately gone: I had to delete my received PMs (but kept the sent) during the Kalos Mafia game, and then the laptop my action log was on broke. :X It's being fixed right now, but...

Yeah. Yes, there were /three/ doctors - though one of them was mafia, and I'd hoped that would be weaponized for greater use. If I recall correctly (I can probably scratch together a log, which would probably contain /most/ of the actions), one of the (lack of) kills was due to inactivity - and in another hopeandjoy accidentally targeted ILS's target.

I knew it! I knew Metallica Fanboy was lying! See! Roleclaiming wasn't such a great idea after all! I am totally not saying this because there are some roles for which claiming is bad for the innocents and I had one! >:(!

I continue to strongly assert that forcing people to claim sucks.

this game was awesome really

I liked it a lot.

now I pray to the RNG that I don't get bodyguard for the next 50 games.

I managed to dupe you guys. Enough of a victory for me.

Hey hey, ain't did what you call poetic irony? That I had oracle twice, and the last mafia claimed bodyguard in two games? ...Is, is that irony?

In any case, whoo, yay! I'm surprised I made it to the final five, considering my inability to do anything. Alligates, I don't blame you at all for voting for me. I would've done exactly the same.

29m38mb.png

And now you know, playing as terrorist sucks, duh.

I knew it! I knew Metallica Fanboy was lying! See! Roleclaiming wasn't such a great idea after all! I am totally not saying this because there are some roles for which claiming is bad for the innocents and I had one! >:(!

I continue to strongly assert that forcing people to claim sucks.

23keuqq.png

Well, I had to do something to knock the game off balance, buddy. And not just 'cause of the whole being mafia thing. I was bored to tears, and I don't even think I can cry, duh!

2qsrxus.png

But most of all, when Squirtles claimed bodyguard, I thought that was that. I didn't think anyone was gonna buy that crap for one moment, and I figured I might as well throw 'im under the bus myself instead of waitin' on somebody else to do that and steal me innocent-lookin' points, duh. I was even askin' Mai if I could still scum win alone. (Didn't think I could, really, but trying that sounded fun!)

8yvvqe.png

And then everyone went and bought the stupid lie! I couldn't believe it, duh!

33xfwnm.png

Some time before that I was thinkin' to myself, I'm gonna have to figure out who them mob is before anyone else does, duh. But if this is a-boot irony, well, the whole problem was that I did exactly that and it's what brought me down.

Oh well, it ain't really Mafia 'til you have to make some real tough decisions, duh.

308dvh4.png

And anyways, 'twas a loss for all y'all really. I mean, you missed all the awesome stuff I was gonna do when I was gonna blow up, duh.

First I'd get looking like this one silly human, like this...

20pa2o.png

Nonono, a lot scrawnier than this....

Almost there...

2lidftz.png

Because I'm a terrorist!

And then I'd fight whichever sap it was, kinda like this...

16by55e.png

I even got my colleague Hougan to stand there until it was time to paste one of you weird humans over him...

2nhnod5.png

Kinda like this duh. I think I should of done that, actually. 'cept I didn't actually think I was really gettin' lynched 'til that weird human bear dragged the weird sleepy human out of that weird eternal sleep.

And then the announcer would chime in like this...

LLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO CRUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEE!

20gebdx.png

And then I'd pop some corny joke quip like, I dunno, I'm so Hengry I could eat a cow, duh.

And then I'd be like, FIGHT! (Eifie) or something, so the day command is really down there, and then...

30tsaog.png

And then I'd gobble 'em up like this, see? Tastes like victory, duuuh.

j97ady.png

But now you weirdos are never gonna see that happ-

14btlg.png

D'oh!

Ahh, so I guessed right when I broke the voting tie! That was a fun game, I just wish I hadn't died right when it got interesting orz

Back
Top Bottom