• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite spriting.

S.K

Is taking you from behind.
Discuss what your favourite and your most annoying pokemon to splice/recolour etc.

Also discuss your favourite methods of spriting.

Personally, I hate spriting Munchlax. Don't ask.

I love using Slaking's colours and love using scizor and Nidoqueen for splicing.
My favourites are recolours and revamping.

i like revamping any of the nice looking sprites from older gens
or if i feel like it i'll revamp a few red/blue/green sprites

I like revamping. I hate splicing with pikachu/eevee/clefairy/ect.

I love scratching. I may not be good at it, but it still feels good to have made something 100% yourself (except the colours in some cases...but hey, I'm human...)

And since I always use the rsg for any splice I make, I don't choose faves. ^^;

I'm now in favour of Pixel overs. I'd say scratch but I suck at them. I like to pixel over my own drawings so it is still 100% mine, no credit.

The first type of spriting I did was database, so that's on my top ten. However, my first "sprites" were all official Sugimori art. (I know now that I was stupid.) My favorite style is possibly trainers and recolors. Usually I just sprite how I feel like, though, so it's all cool. (Except splicing. I'm still learning.)

Hardest Pokémon to work with for me would probably be splicing Tangela, which I won't even try due to the overuse of vines.

rrgh, I hate splicing/recoloring nincada and slakoth. Their markings are the same color scheme as their main body, and are very annoying to recolor.

I like splicing with Gallade, Azurill, and Drifloon

My favorite stile of spriting is splicing, probably.

SPLICING. IS. WIN.

My favorite Pokémon to use are mainly the very hard ones, namely Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, and Giratina. My next fave's are Lucario and Absol. :D

Everything looks good with Darkrai's colors, if used correctly.

I don't like splicing a second pokemon that doesn't have much parts like jigglypuff or something. I also sometimes have trouble with parts facing the other way, like trying to put a d/p's vulpix mane on electrike. But I don't really have much trouble with recoloring.

My favorite type of spriting is either splicing or revamping, even though I haven't revamped much.

I like splicing and devamping because they're easy. It's fun to be able to purposely use bad shading. C:

I like scratching and devamping because the first one is fun and I consider myself good at it, and the second is easy. I hate using complicated pokemon like dialga, and I love using the cute little ones. They're easy.:grin:

Scratching. It's the most respectable form.

Anyone can put a head on a body. Not many people can make a head or a body.

Back
Top Bottom