• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Thinking of mega evolutions, I'm kind of hoping that Milotic will get one, too. If Sableye gets one a generation after Mawile then I don't see why Milotic wouldn't at least be be a candidate to get one a generation after Gyarados did.

I might be really biased here because Milotic is one of my favourites.

-Steven looks older and more like Ellen DeGeneres. Still internally debating if this is good.
-Mega Sceptile's tail looks like a Christmas tree.

-I can't WAIT to get these games - Steven is one of my top-3 favorite characters (the other two are Riley and Volkner).
-So I'm not the only one who noticed that bit about Mega Sceptile's tail. XD

Thinking of mega evolutions, I'm kind of hoping that Milotic will get one, too.

...Damn. I really want Mega Milotic now. Maybe with wings so it looks like Quetzalcoatl. I also REALLY want Mega Torterra and Mega Crobat.

I'm biased. Torterra is my top-3rd favorite Pokémon while Crobat is my top-4th (my top-2nd already has a Mega... and my top-1 is Mew, so... eh.).

...Damn. I really want Mega Milotic now. Maybe with wings so it looks like Quetzalcoatl.

Haha, when you mentioned wings, it actually made me think more of Final Fantasy IX's incarnation of Leviathan.

I'm kind of curious what they're going to do about Groudon and Kyogre's abilities now that they've both been nerfed from unlimited weather to being 5 turns only. Are they going to get new perma-weather abilities or will the game just leave them as is with 5 turns only?

It's interesting, because apparently the Primal forms have different abilities than the normal ones, and all they can disclose is that their abilities are "stronger" than before. So maybe that's perma-weather? We won't know for a while, though.

I've always just figured that Pokémon in the wild are stronger than ones in-battle, or something like that, so they permaweather in the overworld but in battle it only lasts five turns.

It's the reason why Mewtwo is powerful enough to destroy the lab on Cinnabar but you can easily catch/faint it. Or why it's possible to harm Arceus at all. People say about how ridiculous some Pokédex entries are, but not all of them are that Farfetch'd if we go with this theory!

I'm not sure they'll introduce many more megas, with Sableye gen 3 not ties gen 1 with the number of megas. Unless of course they introduce megas of Pokémon not intruduced in gen 3.

Ahhh I'm going to decorate my secret base so hard you have no idea. :D

Also, Mega Metagross was revealed! Unsurprisingly, Steven Stone has one. :O
Here are some blurry CoroCoro images:
TdCPOZq.png

I like the beard-spike. :P

I wonder what ability it'll have, it looks like it'll levitate but that might not be its ability.

Also I was right about Steven's mega not necessarily being Aggron!

Also are there any zoom-and-enhanced pictures of the gym leaders at the bottom anywhere?

Hey, here's an idea—Has anybody else ever considered having Steven and Wallace pair up for a doubles champion battle? It'd be pretty exciting with both Mega-gross and Mega-Milotic!

...Is Norman wearing flannel now? Also, it almost looks like Flannery has a guitar there, but it might just be her pose.

There is a more zoomed in one of the gym leaders: https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/487598523714519040

Brawly is quite different. I think it's a good change since his old design was pretty boring, he was always one of the least memorable because of that imo.
Roxanne seems to just have different colour clothes.
There's too much watermark for me to tell but Flannery doesn't seem to be changed much. Although she's suffering from the way gen 6 faces are drawn that I mentioned a while ago, which I don't like.
Again because of the watermark, but it kind of looks like Norman's legs are REALLY long.

Wattson though?? He was always a bit fat but now his legs look like Hariyama! What did they do to him?

I get what you mean with Flannery... the face seems, chipmunky, for lack of a better word.

Most are pretty okay, but yeah Wattson's odd. That and sandals don't suit him at all IMO.

Ooh I like Brawly there, and I don't mind the others! They seem to be sticking fairly close to the original designs of the games. I was really worried for some of the changes after I saw the admins.

I get what you mean with Flannery... the face seems, chipmunky, for lack of a better word.

Most are pretty okay, but yeah Wattson's odd. That and sandals don't suit him at all IMO.

If by chimpunky you mean the teeth I think I know what you mean. I said the same thing about May and Shauna and they both have the creepy "single" upper tooth thing going on.

Animes are drawn that way sometimes and it doesn't always bother me but every so often it does. Like this

Hey, here's an idea—Has anybody else ever considered having Steven and Wallace pair up for a doubles champion battle? It'd be pretty exciting with both Mega-gross and Mega-Milotic!

All the more reason for Mega-Milotic to become a thing!

I'd be super-excited about super-secret bases, but I'm too busy laughing at redesigned-Sidney's face. What even.

I can see they didn't downsize Phoebe's flower-hair-ornament-things to a sensible size. :') I was kind of hoping they would. Always thought they were a tad OTT myself.

Meta Megagross! I mean, Mega Megatross! I mean-

Also, Watson's redesign is... unspeakable, but I'm glad to see most of everything else has done as remakes should do: changes where most due and not much more. Although Norman's more appropriate weather clothing lowers his dad appearance points.

IDK, I don't think Watson looks that different than before.

I'm really loving how these games are shaping up right now. Can't wait to see what Contests are like. Not sure if I want dressing up for all Pokemon though...

Back
Top Bottom