• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

It has 80 attack; so yes, it can pick things up using its little arm-things. Something 93 pounds, probably not so much unless it's done something to pump the attack.

If it has high base attack, boosted attack, or the attack "strength," yeah.

Whoops, I meant if a Psychic could lift a Pokemon without physically touching the Pokemon nor using Psychic, but I guess that's not possible. And that idea's been scrapped anyhow.

Can a Swellow lift something around 93 pounds? What if it swooped in and grabbed said 93-pound thing?

Nope, it's not.

Probably not. In general, if you want to lift something heavy, you'll need strength (if the pokémon doesn't learn it, that's not a good sign) or boost attack significantly.

Does a Pokemon have to be able to learn Strength, or does it have to use it to lift something heavy?

And if a Pokemon has a very high base attack (say, 105) and has access to Strength, will it be able to lift something that weighs about 93 pounds without actually using Strength?

It has to use strength to lift something heavy, unless it has great attack (i.e. 120+ base). Even for a pokémon with such high base attack, to lift something very heavy, like upwards of 150 pounds, it will need to use strength or have an attack boost.

In general you also need strength if you're going to push an opponent around/pin them down or something like that, and to interact with heavy arena elements.

+20 pounds more than usual, per level, per attack boost, regardless of whether or not strength is used.

It has 80 attack; so yes, it can pick things up using its little arm-things. Something 93 pounds, probably not so much unless it's done something to pump the attack.
The dex says drifblim carries people and pokémon as it flies ...

Could a Pokemon surround itself in fire with Fiery Dance and make its head metallic with Iron Head at the same time (or at least do one first and then the other, but have both going at the same time)?

No, a psychic could tell without technically using the attack "psychic," but it would still need to spend an action to figure it out.

If a Pokémon under the effects of Yawn (but not asleep) sets-up a Safeguard, will it fall asleep at the end of the action?

If it uses Refresh / Heal Bell / Aromatherapy?

EDIT: 1000th POST GET

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom