• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

So... What happened?

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
What happened with the site? I've noticed the 'dragonflycave' url is still down. Good thing the back up isn't. So it shouldn't be something too serious?

I don't know how exactly (I've changed my password for the web panel thing just for safety) but somehow tcodforums.eeveeshq.com was set to cloak Google (i.e. be just a page with an iframe that has Google in it). When I alerted Kat, who owns the hosting account, she was quick to change it back the way it's supposed to be; then it was just waiting for the change to propagate before the tcodforums.eeveeshq.com URL worked again. And apparently some part of this whole process altered the IP, so once I discovered that (just earlier; I was at an office party), that also had to be changed for forums.dragonflycave.com and will have to propagate. So yeah.

So...for now, Butterfree, will you put the url of the back-up forums on the main site, instead of the url of the janked-up one?

res was referring to the fact that by some strange coincidence, every fresh start of the forums has happened in June (i.e. the original forums, the Invisionfree forums, the vBulletin forums, and the forum crash). Thus, June is an exceptionally dangerous month for this forum, statistically speaking. :P

Oh, okay. Maybe its because of the start of summer time, perhaps. Anyways, I noticed the forums have now been fixed, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom