• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nonsensical, Contradictory and/or Stupid Things in Video Games

But remember that everything that happened in Sonic 06 was erased from history at the end of the game, so essentially that one irregularity is rendered null and void. Giving the Chaos Emerald to Elise, however, was part of a far greater paradox. Now, I haven't played this game (for better or worse) but I believe the issue goes something like this:

1. Silver goes back in time and gives the emerald to Elise.
  2. Back in the present, Elise gives the emerald to Sonic (or he acquires it indirectly somehow).
  3. Sonic gives the emerald to Silver so that he can use Chaos Control to go back in time.
  4. Repeat.
This cycle is infinite, so there is no way for the emerald to actually enter the story - it was simply always there.

...I really wish I could come up with something more than this. D:

True, true. But as far as that game's events go, Elise having the Chaos Emerald means that it could not have been used in that game's "continuity." In said continuity, the Emeralds were never united and thus all the Super forms couldn't have been utilized.

I'm probably reading too much into this.

The time traveling in Star Ocean for the SFC/PSP doesn't really make sense... If something that wasn't in the past touches something in the past is supposed to end the universe, then why didn't Ratix & co. going into Roak's past timeline not end everything right then and there? Plus, the game makes absolutely NO use of predestination paradoxes, which just makes everything make that much less sense (horrible wording, I know.)

Back
Top Bottom