• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Amy Winehouse dies in tragically predictable manner

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
Amy Winehouse died of a drug overdose at the age of 27 yesterday. Absolutely no one was surprised.

Did anyone here like her? She had a pretty great voice imo, shame she had to go and OD.

I don't think they know for sure it was OD yet. Her autopsy's not until tomorrow. It probably was drug-related though considering this.

Amy Winehouse said:
They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, "No, no, no"
Yes, I've been black but when I come back you'll know, know, know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab, I won't go, go, go

yeah, it's pretty sad I suppose! she had a good voice, but it's a shame she OD'd.

She DID go to rehab - she last checked into a facility 2 months ago.

I've never heard this woman's music except maybe once or twice on the radio, but I'm sorry for her family's loss and it's quite sad that the '27 Club' received another member.

I'm pretty sad about this. I liked a few of her songs and, dammit, she was 27 years old.

That people are making jokes before her body's cold makes me feel a little ill.

It's a joke. Back on topic.

Anyway, Winehouse is the epitome of fame infecting vulnerability. She needed help when she hit it big, and no one called in. Shame.

Well, that's depressing. Sorry to see her go that way.

I'm pretty sad about this. I liked a few of her songs and, dammit, she was 27 years old.

That people are making jokes before her body's cold makes me feel a little ill.
People were making tons of jokes before her death, it's only going to get worse now unfortunately.

Last edited:
The fact that the Zutons sang it first doesn't negate the fact that she sang it.

Also, yeah, I'm generally unsurprised and upon being told was slightly more concerned about the terrorist attacks in Norway.

Yes, she did indeed sing it (and rather well, actually); that being said, most people seem to be unaware that it's a cover.

Terrorist attacks in Norway are pretty terrible but there's an entirely different thread for that, so...

Back
Top Bottom