• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

:love:

RedneckPhoenix is right, I targeted him last night. Is there anyone else that you all think it would be advantageous for me to speak with privately? Town is doing great so far, looks like.

But my action went through last night, so I'm interested to know who JackPK did target before I claim today.

Since my win condition depends on me targeting as many different people as possible, I didn't want to double-dip on you. Instead I targeted Cynder, who I more or less arbitrarily selected from among the people who seemed least active and therefore least likely to be doing something useful to town overnight.

Hm, that's interesting. I was actually going to suggest an inactive lynch now that we're safely beyond RP's wincon and these no-kill nights have given us a bit of a buffer—it's nice that we've all survived this long, but we've had like zero leads up until now and we can't coast forever—so I'm definitely curious as to what Cynder has to say as well as Keldeo.

Out of curiosity, since you've claimed, were you the one who blocked sanderidge? Not sure how many other blocking actions might be floating around out there to worry about. And Keldeo, you say you know your action went through tonight—do you have confirmation that it didn't go through when Jack says he blocked you?

Ahaha, wait, I can't read, you said you didn't act on N0, so you probably weren't responsible for sanderidge. :B So I guess there is something else going on. Good to know, I guess!

Since my win condition depends on me targeting as many different people as possible, I didn't want to double-dip on you. Instead I targeted Cynder, who I more or less arbitrarily selected from among the people who seemed least active and therefore least likely to be doing something useful to town overnight.

That makes sense. Cynder, do you know whether Jack successfully blocked you last night? Actually, feel free to ignore this question but if you can say either way, I think full claiming would probably be a good idea as well, since we know mafia are at least paying attention to softclaims from the sanderidge kill.

Kratos said:
Keldeo, you say you know your action went through tonight—do you have confirmation that it didn't go through when Jack says he blocked you?

Yes, my action didn't go through n2.

Question for Kratos and anyone else who thinks we should lynch someone inactive today, who are you thinking about when you say inactive lynch and why? We likely have a decent lead over mafia right now because of the lack of kills, I agree that we should do something today, but I'm wondering because there are multiple people who haven't been posting very much - of them, who are the people you think are most likely to be mafia?

Honestly? Until Jack mentioned that he targeted Cynder last night, I didn't have a read on anyone in particular as mafia. This is a relatively slow game and so far everyone who hasn't outright claimed something has been hard to judge. Normally I only suggest inactive lynches when we have no other leads anyway, which as far as I could tell we didn't until Jack's targeting claims. There's a decent chance that people trying to fly under the radar are mafia, for one thing. And if we're basically guessing blindly and so might accidentally hit a quiet townie with an arbitrary lynch anyway, we might as well arbitrarily lynch someone who hasn't been making an effort to contribute to discussion.

So yeah, I was leaning toward Cynder solely because he was the most quiet in the absence of any actual information. Now that Jack's targeting might implicate him I feel a little more solid on that, although I do obviously still want to hear from him before moving forward.

Okay, thanks for humoring me. I would also like Cynder to chip in at some point today, but since he's been on without posting and the phase ends in less than a day, my relevant info:

I'm a cop. I investigated Nira as mafia last night, and I think the chances of that result having been messed with are pretty low. Previously I inspected JackPK n0 and Negrek on n1 and got innocent results for both, and I tried to investigate Nira n2 but the action failed due to Jack's block. (I'd guess the n0 sanderidge blocker and n2 RedneckPhoenix blocker/redirector are one and the same, meaning they probably didn't target Jack n2, but that's just a hunch.) My win condition is for me to be lynched - I've been ignoring it since it's very anti-town and I can't actively contribute to a town victory after it's met, but it's there.

I feel like everyone who has claimed seems pretty town, so tomorrow I guess we should focus within the people who haven't claimed, which actually isn't too many - Cynder, Butterfree, Kratos, ZM, Stryke, Flora, Negrek, and Nira, I think. And some of these have claimed their win conditions (Stryke, Flora), or are in Gzhoom's neighborhood so they might know something I don't (Butterfree, Stryke, Negrek), or seem town for another reason (Flora's claimed win condition would be super powerful on mafia, and I inspected Negrek as town).

I'm down with Nira.

Though I know for a fact that some sort of redirection fuckery went on with Gzhoom on N2. Both RP and I targeted Gzhoom N2. RP was told that his thing didn't work right, and while I didn't get any feedback I'm pretty damn sure my action was moved to someone else.
I suppose that would be a townie action, then, directing things away from Gzhoom since he was likely to be targeted by the Mafia that night.

Discussion in my next post, but I needed to work this out for myself, so here's a list of our current information (I just grabbed Kratos' old list and updated), by itself so it's easy to refer to:

Gzhoom: Roleclaim - Friendly Neighbor (Butterfree, Negrek, Stryke, and RedneckPhoenix vouch for him) | Wincon claim - Have an open line of communication with all living players when Town wins. | Targeted Negrek N0, Butterfree N1, Stryke N2, RedneckPhoenix N3

Stryke: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - chooses a single player; that player must be lynched. Has been advised not to share the lynch target's name at this time.

Flora: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - chooses a single player; that player must not be lynched. | Received a bulletproof vest N2

RedneckPhoenix: Roleclaim - Doctor (can only protect each player once per game) | Wincon claim - No one must die for three phases in a row; RedneckPhoenix does not have to be the one who prevented the death. FULFILLED | Targeted Gzhoom N2, but was blocked

I liek Squirtles: Dead N0. Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - NA

Keldeo: Roleclaim - Cop | Wincon claim - Must be lynched

Cynder: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "has something to do with role, may be harmful"

sanderidge: Dead N1. Roleclaim - "something with a blockable night action" | Wincon claim - "does not align with role, is kind of annoying, has to be true by end of game"

JackPK: Roleclaim - Roleblocker | Wincon claim - target five different players by end of game | N0 no target, N1 Flora, N2 Keldeo, N3 Cynder

Butterfree: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; not really under her control, will just have to see if it happens"

Negrek: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "isn't difficult, isn't anti-town, can be true even after death; must be true at end of game but can't be revoked"

Kratos Aurion: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; can be revoked/undone even without intentional intervention, but probably won't get in anyone's way/isn't negative; can't really be assisted"

Zero Moment: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; he can 'start' his wincon but other players are required to meet the rest of the condition out of his control" | Targeted Gzhoom N2, but was redirected

Nira: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; must be true at end of game"

Okay, so N2 has turned out to be very strange. At first I thought it could all be explained by someone redirecting everything that would have hit Gzhoom to Flora, which would imply that Zero Moment is the guy giving out bulletproof vests. BUT:

1) This wouldn't have caused RedneckPhoenix's action to fail, unless he was lying about who he'd targeted: he said he healed me and Butterfree, so a heal for Flora should have gone through fine
2) Someone DID successfully target Gzhoom that night. It wasn't me and I'll leave it up to him if he wants to elaborate, but clearly it can't be the case that everything got redirected away from him.

So I'm actually starting to lean towards there being a roleblocker who was responsible for blocking RNP's heal and some other action manipulation going on that accounts for ZM being adamant that he got redirected. Alternatively someone among Gzhoom, Flora, ZM, and RNP is a lying liar who lies.

Since I effed up the formatting on the last one and realized that I forgot to include, among other things, Keldeo's inspection results, here is a new and improved infopost:

Gzhoom: Roleclaim - Friendly Neighbor (Butterfree, Negrek, Stryke, and RedneckPhoenix vouch for him) | Wincon claim - Have an open line of communication with all living players when Town wins. | Targeted Negrek N0, Butterfree N1, Stryke N2, RedneckPhoenix N3

Stryke: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - chooses a single player; that player must be lynched. Has been advised not to share the lynch target's name at this time.

Flora: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - chooses a single player; that player must not be lynched. | Received a bulletproof vest N2

RedneckPhoenix: Roleclaim - Doctor (can only protect each player once per game) | Wincon claim - No one must die for three phases in a row; RedneckPhoenix does not have to be the one who prevented the death. FULFILLED | Healed Negrek and Stryke (exact nights unspecified); targeted Gzhoom N2, but was blocked

I liek Squirtles: Dead N0. Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - NA

Keldeo: Roleclaim - Cop | Wincon claim - Must be lynched | Inspected JackPK N0 (innocent), Negrek N1 (innocent), Nira N2 (blocked), Nira N3 (mafia)

Cynder: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "has something to do with role, may be harmful"

sanderidge: Dead N1. Roleclaim - "something with a blockable night action" | Wincon claim - "does not align with role, is kind of annoying, has to be true by end of game"

JackPK: Roleclaim - Roleblocker | Wincon claim - target five different players by end of game | N0 no target, N1 Flora, N2 Keldeo, N3 Cynder

Butterfree: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; not really under her control, will just have to see if it happens"

Negrek: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "isn't difficult, isn't anti-town, can be true even after death; must be true at end of game but can't be revoked"

Kratos Aurion: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; can be revoked/undone even without intentional intervention, but probably won't get in anyone's way/isn't negative; can't really be assisted"

Zero Moment: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; he can 'start' his wincon but other players are required to meet the rest of the condition out of his control" | Targeted Gzhoom N2, but was redirected

Nira: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; must be true at end of game"

btw, Jack, you can feel free to block me tonight to help get your win condition; it won't have any effect on me.

Now things are getting interesting! Nira's good with me, absent some kind of explanation (and I would still like to hear from Cynder sometime soon, too).

Thanks for updating my list, Negrek!

This is restating what's in the list but just so it's all in one place, I think this is everything that people have said so far or that we can surmise about n2 actions:
  • The mafia didn't successfully kill anyone
  • Gzhoom and Stryke say Gzhoom successfully targeted Stryke
  • RNP says he targeted Gzhoom but his shot was refunded (so he could have been redirected to Negrek or Stryke, or blocked, or something else)
  • Negrek says someone, not Negrek, successfully targeted Gzhoom
  • ZM says he targeted Gzhoom but believes he was redirected
  • Flora says she received a bulletproof vest
  • JackPK says he targeted me
  • I say I targeted Nira but was told the action failed
Hmm, I guess this isn't that helpful other than telling us that there's some sort of redirecting or other manipulative ability still out there. I don't think we will be able to understand what happened that night until more people claim, and we might not even then.

RedneckPhoenix, I don't know if you'll see this before the day ends but since you've already claimed, could you clarify what nights you healed Stryke and Negrek?

Also, I don't know if he was considering it but I think Gzhoom should target someone besides me tonight. Maybe the people in his neighborhood know better, but I don't think it would be worthwhile since I can say my results in the thread and I'm inclined to die before town wins.

A cop? In this land that breathes free from the state? Well, whoever's running that bavarian fire drill seems to have struck upon something truly disturbing: an insurance scam... wait, no, stop reacting, I'm not done! Insurance scams are fine. But this one is just disgusting. It's not for personal gain, see? There's a whole group involved. A truste!

Fortunately, everyone in Randtopia lives ever ready for the day when violence will be needed, or at least sufficiently justified. That vile firm was raided, and their CEO, Nira, was attacked by a mob.

... But that's too collective for anyone's tastes, so they all soon divided up to fight on the fact that they had no idea who to collect all the life insurace premiums from.

Nira was lynched. They were Mafia.

72 hours for night actions.

Hankering to protect their lifestyle and ideals, the citizens think about what they could do to stop further incidents like the one that will go down in history as Insurancegatinggate... But associating with other citizens for that purpose would be counter to those lifestyle and ideals! Obviously, the only solution is to go full survivalist.

It's a quiet day in Randtopia.

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

Back
Top Bottom