• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Go

Man, I REALLY want a Magmar/Electabuzz/Jynx trio, but I've only gotten a Jynx so far (which is my strongest pokemon at 400 cp).

I'm way weaker than the other people in my town :[ I don't know if I'll be able to catch up because won't they just keep getting stronger as I do?!

I'm way weaker than the other people in my town :[ I don't know if I'll be able to catch up because won't they just keep getting stronger as I do?!

You'll encounter better and stronger Pokémon as your trainer levels up, and since the EXP required to level up increases in theory you should level up faster than they do! That said, they'll probably be ahead but, the gap should become smaller to the point that you'll be able to take on gyms and whatever. :-)

(Plus earlier on in the game you have more undiscovered Pokémon which will give you 500exp for each addition to the Pokédex which more experienced players can't get again!)

Finally joined in on the Mongo bandwagon today. Currently with a Pikachu, a Pidgey, and a Rattata at level 2, and haven't left the house yet.

I was Skeptical about pogo but honestly it's really great when it's actually working! MD is here at the moment and we've been walking around trying to catch pokemon in our little suburban closed-off area and I've now walked to places that I haven't been to since I was a child. I also hatched a 10k egg today and got a scyther, which is exciting!!! I've done more exercise this week than I probably did in all of June, and that's a big deal for me.

holy cow are there some bad game design decisions in this game, though. Why is nothing explained to anyone???? why is the scaling so bad???? really looking forward to some changes so this game gets more long-term gameplay value for me.

ice-gemarticunoice-gemarticunoice-gem team mystic 4 lyfe ice-gemarticunoice-gemarticunoice-gem

If you want to fight gyms, look for other people in your team. You can fight gyms cooperatively (although I'm not sure how stable the feature is).
You'll encounter better and stronger Pokémon as your trainer levels up, and since the EXP required to level up increases in theory you should level up faster than they do! That said, they'll probably be ahead but, the gap should become smaller to the point that you'll be able to take on gyms and whatever. :-)

(Plus earlier on in the game you have more undiscovered Pokémon which will give you 500exp for each addition to the Pokédex which more experienced players can't get again!)

Could also mass evolve everything, which is likely at least part of why the others are ahead on levels. Also, there's a level where you can start getting lucky eggs, which boost every source of experience (even evolving, making mass evolution more effective) by 50% for 30 minutes. I'm level 9 and I got my first one so I'm guessing that's when you start getting them.

Gyms around me are held by Pokemon way stronger than mine, I've had no real hope. Honestly a lot of the fun is exploration though. However, the local card and board game shop has 2 Pokestops and a gym within it's lot, and all the folks working there are Team Instinct like me. We just need to boot Mystic out and seriously boost the prestige. Mystic holds another gym near me that's level 7 and packed with 1k+ CP Pokemon.

What are the weirdest places you've ever found stuff?

For me:

- Two Zubats in my grandmother's house
- A Poliwag in a Subway store
- A Doduo in a Chinese restaurant
- A Pidgey in my university's library

TL;DR: for me, Pokemon seem to be drawn by sandwiches, Chinese food, and cheap desktop computers.

But enough from me - I'd like to hear from you guys.

What level is everyone who still plays this on? I only just reached 21 :(

I'm attempting to play! But I keep running out of Pokeballs and my app keeps glitching and there's not many stops back where I live :(

.....The game i haven't played yet and yet won't stop talking about :P

This has become like some weird autism trait.....lol Its kinda cool though :O i wanna have edgy pokemon go dreams because why not xD

Trust me, i'll actually play this one day. Then i'll face palm at this post.....

Back
Top Bottom