• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How did you get into Pokemon?

I honestly can't remember which of the two it was, but it was one of these two:
1.My friend had a copy of Diamond, my sister stole it (dangit. *sister name here*) and then she let me play it, then losing interest and giving the full copy to me
2. A different friend had an old GBA that they had laying around and never used, I tried it out, got hooked, then was told I could keep it

The cards! To this day my first full card binder is with my 9 year old brother. I was hooked and every chance I got, whether I was at a retail store or ordering them online, Pokemon cards were on my mind. Eventually my parents figured that I'd like the games so I got Pokemon HeartGold. Ever since then I've played almost every Pokemon game that has come out. Now my brother is starting to play the games and it brings me great joy. :)

And he happened to own a copy of The Pokemon Ultimate Handbook, which is pretty much the crappiest Pokemon Handbook ever written.

I had that same exact book! There is an updated one that fixes some of the mistakes but not all of them. I used the book to look up info for the Pokemon I got from the card packs.

I was 11. I played some other kid's crystal game. Had a Totodile on my play named after my brother. Wanted Pokemon Crystal version SO badly after that. Before then i deneyed liking anything pokemon for...well....my own weird reasons lol

I literally got into Pokemon due to my brother buying the cards one time, and my finding his seel one extremely adorable.

And it was after about 3 or so years of not being able to stand the franchise as a whole over the rather terrifying craze.

And......now Pokemon is like one of the most important things to me in the history of ever. How a person can have a change of heart! And over a card of Seel, no less. Maybe Seel should be pokemon's 'God'; and NOT Arceus.....roflmao

And I swear getting into pokemon at age 11-12 over one of them being 'just so cute' is like the girliest way to ever start being a pokemon fan xD I still wonder if i woulda stayed a fan, too, if not for my autism....(which seriously makes me relate to this franchise a lot as a whole o.o; )

Also, I suddenly feel Seel is one of my favorite pokemon after making this post now o.o;;; really.....and its such a random pokemon too. haha.

Back
Top Bottom