• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

That's cute :3
I do agree the shading looks pretty weird though.
I'd like to see more.

Btw may I join?

This is a sketchy drawing I did of a dog creature I made up.
(note: Do NOT zoom in. It becomes gigantic.)
I suck 8D
I know its a little dark but my scanner won't work so I had to use a camera.

Thanks~
And alright, I'll work on the shading XD

Of course you may join~

Wow, that's cool. Really awesome. I like how you did it~ Very detailed. Now, I want to see more of your work!

Yes, very happy :D Your style is very interesting! May I ask what program you use?

Well, I use a demo of PaintTool SAI; all the demo has to keep you from using it after the time runs out is a lack of saving, so I just printscreen it onto Paint.NET, which I also use to make the outlines.

Also the Cardaily is great. It really makes you wonder just how fast they were able to move underwater... *shudder* The pose is dynamic, the glowing eyes are cool, and you've managed to make it easy to tell that it's underwater without using a non-sky color. Very good job.

Oh, I saw that and forgot to comment.

Wow. Just wow. Amazing. You're very talented. You did very well on that picture - I really like your style! Very nice, and I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. It's just so awesome. x.x

Well, I use a demo of PaintTool SAI; all the demo has to keep you from using it after the time runs out is a lack of saving, so I just printscreen it onto Paint.NET, which I also use to make the outlines.

Also the Cardaily is great. It really makes you wonder just how fast they were able to move underwater... *shudder* The pose is dynamic, the glowing eyes are cool, and you've managed to make it easy to tell that it's underwater without using a non-sky color. Very good job.

Oh yeah, I've heard from my friend that PaintTool SAI is an awesome program, and I've seen people on dA use it. I might give it a shot sometime :3

Actually, I think the only way Cradily can actually move fast is by extending its neck; pretty sure it can't move very well otherwise, as indicated by its ability :P Thanks~

Oh, I saw that and forgot to comment.

Wow. Just wow. Amazing. You're very talented. You did very well on that picture - I really like your style! Very nice, and I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. It's just so awesome. x.x

Thank you :3

And may I add about the Mijumaru: it's very cute, as previously stated. You may want to add a bit of highlighting on the body like you did on the dark blue parts, though. Also, like Blastoise said, your outlines are great. Maybe you could add some line depth to make it even better.

@blazheirio889: Thanks~ :3

Mmm, I see. I was trying, but I had a hard time finding a way I liked, so I kinds left it out. o3o

Really? I seriously think I need much more practice with the outlines...But, I guess if everyone likes it...

Ah, in line depth. I should try that. I mean, I might aswell. I'm working on a shiny Mew at the moment, (which is incredibly hard to draw because I forgot how to draw Mew Sugimori-art styled) so I think I'd be able to try it~

Blastoise, I'm done~

Decided to try a sketchier style this time around. Also I need to practice backgrounds.

Cradily in a Coral reef.

This image is also dedicated to Kai because I know he hasn't been feeling too great lately. Hopefully a picture of one of your favourite Pokemon will cheer you up, yeah?
Excellent as always, Blazhy. Aaah. The sketchiness is a bit... strange. I mean, it'd work for something that had fur or hair... but Cradily doesn't really. Still though, the shading is beautiful, and the colouring is great. I love the background too.

Alright, here it is!

It's definitly not my best work. I was trying a new style and such, so Mijumaru is what I used to test it out. I made him blushing because for some odd reason, I like seeing Pokemon blush. I find it cute~
Welcome to the OS! You know who I am, ahaha.

I'm liking the expression, it worked well. It looks like he's in luuurve, ahaha. I also like this sort of... shiny blobby style. It works well. And the outlines are sort of thick and bold, but clean. I'd recommend maybe... thicker shading though. The shading's a bit thin and that's sort of off.

that is so cute omigod

It is tasty. It may help that Bawwter is my favorite, but it's still good. Your outlines are a strong point. The shading is weird though; it especially looks odd on the feet and ears. The feet look like they're being lit from underneath and the (our) left ear's highlight is to far to the right.

Very cute, though. Love to see more of your work, if there's any knocking around in your harddrive.

@BLaZHY: Here is your Happiny. Happy?
It's cute! Although the eyes are sort of... creepy. Like these little black demonic things glaring at me. Might be the highlight on them. Your shading's improved though, and you still prove that you're quite good at circles and spherical shapes! Seriously, it's a perfect egg shape. The only thing that bugs me is that the white bits don't seem to have any shading, and it kinda... contradicts the bits that DO have shading.

EDIT: @Amfibbian who totally posted when I was in the middle of writing this and I missed it: Hello! Welcome. Very nice. You seem to have a good understanding of dog anatomy. The paws are top notch. I like the tail and the fur too. Only thing that bothers me is maybe the head... it seems... sort of smallish, I guess. Kinda pointy on the top. I'm not sure how to explain it... but yeah, good job.

Ahaha, there we go. Also, I'd like to remind you people to DRAW YOUR PERSONAS SO WE CAN START THE OS AWARDS. No, I haven't forgotten that. Nor that I owe Kai an art trade. I really need to do that. (For new people, here's my post where I say what the OS Awards are. And Mawile's post organizing information.)

@Arylett: Yes, I know who are. :3 *bad grammar shot* And thanks~

:3 Thanks, and I'm glad you like the expression~

Thicker shading, got it. :x I'll do that next time~ Also, next time, there shall be no Mew like I said. I'm not going to post Mew until I learn how to draw it again. >(

And thanks for the comments and crtisism! :D

Personas? I'm still working on mine! D: Oh, well, just the hair I'm working on...
Anyways, back to work! *goes to Corel Painter Essentials 4*

Excellent as always, Blazhy. Aaah. The sketchiness is a bit... strange. I mean, it'd work for something that had fur or hair... but Cradily doesn't really. Still though, the shading is beautiful, and the colouring is great. I love the background too.

Yes, I see what you mean. :3 I guess I'll try that style with a furry animal later. Thank you~

On a side note, maybe you could link to the list of personas thus far, as well?

So I might as well join again, after doing absolutely nothing on the old thread and disappearing.

Here's my dA. It's mostly just random doodles drawn in MSN so far but there is some (sort of) proper art on there, and there will be more eventually!

I am hugely infrequent with drawing stuff, but I guess having a dA will, uh, coax me into doing it more often!

I normally use Paint.net and a graphics tablet to draw, and occasionally do pencil-and-paper stuff, so, um yeah.

Hello to a Castush! Welcome, welcome~ I do hope you'll have a splendid soupy time here! I've already looked upon some of your drawings, and said stuff, so I shan't be redundant.

Also, we need a threadmin... any volunteers?

Also, we need a threadmin... any volunteers?
I'd gladly do it. As I said a couple pages back, the OS helped me hugely, and I want to give something back. But is there anyone else interested in doing it? If there's someone more eager/reliable than me wanting to do it, I don't want to take that from them.

Four days until I get paid. I will make a decent post then, I promise.

Sorry for being so inactive here.... I haven't exactly had good past experiences on this forum, so I get really nervous whenever I'm here. =S

Anyway, I heard we're all supposed to have persona references, so after much struggling, I finally got one done. Looks nothing like me, but at least I can draw it without getting depressed. ^^;

Sorry for the deviantART link, but I really don't feel like uploading it again somewhere else. ^^;

ok, so, Kai told me to post a drawing so here u go:

klk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom