• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Um, help with a BW team of sorts?

Flygon doesn't learn Stealth Rock or Spikes.

I've learned that.

if you're not willing to change things (lilligant) and are going with what the game gives you, this thread shouldn't be in competitive battling

especially if you're not even aware of tiers and don't really know the purpose of your team/individual Pokémon

it's fine as an ingame team but i'm not sure this is really competitive battling

I think this is either UU or OU. I'll look it up on Smogon. And you should have seen my face when I found that Sun Stone to evolve my Lilligant with.

so gigalith's gonna be your stealth rocker? uhm, it's sorta slow so it can't really set up SR nicely.
it'd be very nice if you got a fast SE/spike/toxic spikes lead [thinking of d-speed forme or mew but you probably don't have those!] so try an Aerodactyl [didn't spell that correctly, did I] or something.
will edit later

Fixed your mistakes. I guess Aerodactyl could be good. I haven't got any Flying Types and it'll be replacing a Rock Type. (More like adding to it)

[Eeeh, I thought Terrakion was an Uber. Also, Wide Lens raises accuracy, which you don't really need.]
Scolipede is theoretically a good Spiker; it's fast and can set up early. It's extremely fragile though and has to watch out for Fake Out and super-effective priority moves. Roserade is a bit slower but can hold its own more effectively against special attacks; her paper-thin Defense is a downfall though. Froslass is faster than Roserade, slower than Scolipede, and has average defenses, but she can spinblock too.

If you're looking for a fast SRer, though... Skarmory can set up Spikes and Stealth Rock, then Whirlwind away to scout and on the way cripple the opposing team severely. It also has a reliable form of healing in Roost but should only have one entry hazard on its moveset to prevent an enemy from Taunting it into dead weight. Tyranitar has good all-around stats except for speed, which is key to entry hazard setup. The Sandstorm from its ability can also be annoying, especially with only one other Pokemon on your team that's immune to the damage (Flygon, which is probably going to be replaced anyway.) Unless you want to get an Unnerve Tyranitar, which is kind of an abilitywaste. Aerodactyl is probably the best Stealth Rocker: it's fast, doesn't need to watch out for Fake Out, and resists most priority moves. And, its attack is great. Ferrothorn can be considered as either a Spiker or a SRer. Iron Barbs can come in handy, and it has just two weaknesses, but must watch out for fast Fire-types (read: Rapidash.)

Crunch is good on Flygon, don't replace it. Why do you need Fire Punch? Earthquake is perfectly good against Steel-types. You might need Fire Punch for the occasional Steel-type that's immune to or resists Earthquake, but other than that it's unnecessary and should be replaced.

Also, Item Clause. I don't think Galvantula and Chandelure can both have Choice Specs.

A) I'll be using Aerodactyl probably
B) I have seen Skarmory in action
C) I probably won't use Tyranitar then
D) I'll consider Ferrothorn if it can learn Ally Switch or something like that
E) I have been walled by Durant whilst using Flygon before
F) Giving Chadelure Absorb Bulb. I think my strategy is pretty clear

...Your Galvantula needs a much better moveset. A good set for Galvantula would be something like:

-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Volt Switch/Hidden Power

-Thuder I was going for anyways thanks to Compoundeyes and lots of Genius Wings
-I'll probably use Bug Bite to steal berries
-Can it learn that?
-Already got Volt Switch set

- Galvantula can learn Bug Bite
- Bug Bite is physical
- Thus, a Choice Specs set with Bug Bite will not work
- Switch to one of your Special Attackers to beat Durant
- Earthquake is neutral on Durant
- Durant has 48 Special Defense
- Bug Buzz > Signal Beam > Bug Bite
- Thunder > Electroweb
- Ferrothorn can't learn Ally Switch
- Added a paragraph on Galvantula's moves after you started replying
- Berries aren't common
- Signal Beam is more powerful
- Bug Buzz is more powerful than Signal Beam
- Absorb Bulb huh
- Okay strategy, but predictable
- My hands hurt now

But Galvantula is a Special Attacker. And berries aren't common. Bug Buzz is much better. And it can indeed learn Energy Ball.

Does it learn it via Level Up or is it on TM? (Before you ask, I lost my Diamond card and a now trying to get a Skarmory on Emerald) And I did not know about Energy Ball.

- Galvantula can learn Bug Bite
- Bug Bite is physical
- Thus, a Choice Specs set with Bug Bite will not work
- Switch to one of your Special Attackers to beat Durant
- Earthquake is neutral on Durant
- Durant has 48 Special Defense
- Bug Buzz > Signal Beam > Bug Bite
- Thunder > Electroweb
- Ferrothorn can't learn Ally Switch
- Added a paragraph on Galvantula's moves after you started replying
- Berries aren't common
- Signal Beam is more powerful
- Bug Buzz is more powerful than Signal Beam
- Absorb Bulb huh
- Okay strategy, but predictable
- My hands hurt now

-Yup yup yup
-Ditto
-Ditto
-I did not know this
-Ditto
-Yeah
-I have Thunder over Electroweb
-Well I'm working on a Skarmory for Spikes and Whirlwind
-I noticed that
-Well, Bug Bite was certainly helpful in training
-Signal Beam or Bug Buzz then?
-Yup. I would've given Flygon a Cell Battery or whatever it's called, but then I realised that would be stupid
-That is bad, I guess
-I'd imagine so. In fact, I don't need to imagine

EDIT: NINJA'D, I guess

... what's your point?

I'd used my one in Nimbasa and Relic Castle, I don't have the right person in Black City/White Forest, and I was lucky enough to find one in a shaking spot in Chargestone Cave. It took a few days, and I'm not going through that again.

Last edited:
Bug Buzz; I was saying that Signal Beam was more powerful than Bug Bite.

This team is actually doing a bit better than before because of all the critique XD

It learns Bug Buzz by level up, at level 60. Energy Ball it learns through TM.

I have the Energy Ball TM and I'll probably stick with Bug Bite or Signal Beam until Lv 60.

Bug Buzz; I was saying that Signal Beam was more powerful than Bug Bite.

This team is actually doing a bit better than before because of all the critique XD

Ok. And Bug Buzz is more powerful then Signal Beam?

And yes, yes it is.

Yes, Bug Buzz > Signal Beam, by 20 base power iirc (Bug Buzz 95, Signal Beam 75.) I'm not sure. And Wide Lens boosts accuracy by 10% so Sleep Powder will be at the accuracy of 82.5. Instead of Wide Lens you could use... Hmm, Galvantula already has Choice Specs so perhaps a Meadow Plate to insanely boost Petal Dance's power.
Lapras's moveset... Rash means it's focused on attacking, which is bad because (besides Skarmory) you don't have a single defensive Pokemon on your team. Which could also be a good thing, but sweepers need support. You can use the same set, but with a Calm nature to help your Special Defense (which you need because Skarmory's Special Defense is ridiculously low.)

Yes, Bug Buzz > Signal Beam, by 20 base power iirc (Bug Buzz 95, Signal Beam 75.) I'm not sure. And Wide Lens boosts accuracy by 10% so Sleep Powder will be at the accuracy of 82.5. Instead of Wide Lens you could use... Hmm, Galvantula already has Choice Specs so perhaps a Meadow Plate to insanely boost Petal Dance's power.
Lapras's moveset... Rash means it's focused on attacking, which is bad because (besides Skarmory) you don't have a single defensive Pokemon on your team. Which could also be a good thing, but sweepers need support. You can use the same set, but with a Calm nature to help your Special Defense (which you need because Skarmory's Special Defense is ridiculously low.)

Skarmory is actually a Quirky one, so I'll use Wings as I please. (I think I messed that up) I just PokeTransferred her into Black so I could easily get one of a different nature if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom