• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Post your memories.

I, ah, was apparently going to be a miscarriage when my mom was seven and a half months pregnant with me, so they had to cut her stomach open to get me out. Apparently it was a really close call - my mom tells me that they said if they had taken me out five minutes later, I would have died - ten minutes later, both my mom and I would have died.

And then I was healthy and went home two days later instead of two weeks like they thought.

I don't actually remember any of that, but. It's a discussion about birth now, isn't it? :P

I was apparently reluctant to come out of my mother or something so they used suction or something dumb like that and it hurt my head. D:
I had to stay in intensive care or something like that.
Apparently, my parents went home without me and my mom cried.
(I obviously don't remember any of this.)
Also, LMAO @ Terry being stuck in his mother's leg. There is no way pregnancy could ever work like that.

Terry's a leg baby. Might explain some things. o.O

I took 14 hours to come out. :D Nothing else to remark on my birth, however

I was wondering who else noticed the leg thing XD'''''

Oh, I wish I remember this but I don't x.x When I was about two or three I couldn't sleep one night, I went downstairs and cuddled up next to my dad. He didn't mind and together we watched the movie he had been halfway through seeing. Then my mum came in.

Mum: Uh!! Derrick??
Dad: Hmm?
Mum: Why is she watching this?!

The film was an 18 and she came in just as some guy was getting his head cut off with a razor wire :3 My dad was seriously cool XD

^That is incredibly cute :3

I remember watching Star Trek: Enterprise when it first came on with my dad. <3

Oh, I wish I remember this but I don't x.x When I was about two or three I couldn't sleep one night, I went downstairs and cuddled up next to my dad. He didn't mind and together we watched the movie he had been halfway through seeing. Then my mum came in.

Mum: Uh!! Derrick??
Dad: Hmm?
Mum: Why is she watching this?!

The film was an 18 and she came in just as some guy was getting his head cut off with a razor wire :3 My dad was seriously cool XD

Correction: he was the best dad in the world :3

Or the most negligent... XD

If we're posting things we once did but don't actually remember doing and have only been told about it... I used to eat cat food X3

I remember many years ago, I couldn't sleep, so I walked to my parents, who was in the living room and watched a movie, and I happened to have a bit of bad timing. In the movie some scientists were testing something that made you invisible, they tested it on a cat, and let in a rat in the cage, the cat chewed off the rat's head and there was blood everywhere.
And I happened to come just when that happened. :dead:
I was just like, 5-7 years back then, things like that made me piss my pants.

Oh! I remember eating a styrofoam apple once. It was a christmas ornament, that I apparently thought was the real deal. My mother tells me that wasn't the only one I ate, and that I also ate some glass ones. How I could do that without cutting my throat I don't know, but I'm supposed to have been a little demon, breaking old china and jumping off beds, stuff like that. I'm going to ask her later about the ornament thing, since thats pretty much impossible to do.

I remember being knocked out when I was a goalie on the soccer team and I got hit smack in the middle of the forehead with the ball. I'm not sure how long it was, but it must have been only a few seconds. It felt like falling asleep.

I was playing hockey in school a few years ago. I was the goalie, and there seemed to be nothing to do, so I daydreamed. A moment later my hockey stick started vibrating, so I looked down and realized I'd stopped the puck without even paying attention. That was the only time it ever happened, no matter how much I daydreamed after.

I also have this memory of hiding under my blankets with two of my friends and telling ghost stories, at three in the morning. And another of getting up and dancing in a restaurant with the same two friends.

Back
Top Bottom