• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Browser Wars, Part I (aka Browser Discussion)

What browser(s) do you use?

• Total voters
I use IE. I have tried Firefox, and there's really no difference I can see, and if there is one, I already know all the controls of IE, so I'm keeping on using it.

I use Google Chrome - I used to use Firefox, but for some reason my it got extremely slow on my compy. So I heard of Chrome and used it.

I miss Firefox though, but Chrome is okay. And the new tab with all the most-visited pages is pretty convenient. =D

@IVANA: Dude, do the internet a favour and use Firefox. No, really. The differences aren't that major for an end-user, but it's a pain for web developers if people use IE.

@SERITINAJII: ... Firefox has an automatic bookmark for your most visited pages.

@IVANA: Dude, do the internet a favour and use Firefox. No, really. The differences aren't that major for an end-user, but it's a pain for web developers if people use IE.

Look at this.

Out of all the people who access the web, only a fraction are web developers; ordinary web users greatly outnumber programmers. Most of your visitors use IE. Web developers, on the other hand, use more advanced browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. With this fact at hand, think: who are you programming for? The web surfers, or the web developers?

Last edited:
With this fact at hand, think: who are you programming for? The web surfers, or the web developers?
With this fact at hand, who do you think you want to keep happy? The developers who will quite frequently put up their hands and say "screw this" after trying to make things work for IE, or the 70% of people browsing who are either too stubborn or ignorant to switch browsers?

Switch for the developers' benefit if nothing else; it's not going to cause you any problems unless you spend 90% of your time checking Microsoft's sites.

Ignorant is not an insult by itself. There's nothing wrong with not knowing things. There is something wrong with not knowing things and refusing to learn more.

Also, most people are stupid. This should not be a surprise.

Also, most people are stupid.

I think this "ignorance" that you're pinning onto the mass population is quite ironic, given that the above poster fails to realize the mainstream public greatly outnumbers this small group of "intelligent" people. Most people, who are supposedly stupid, can care less if you are smarter than they are, since they know that a large population is more signifigant than a smaller one, such as yours.

Unless if you're calling yourself stupid...which would be both funny and pathetic.

The mainstream public finds answers to problems by either typing "[topic].com" into the address bar or doing Google searches in the form of questions such as "who is foo" or "how do i know if i am baring right". This does not mean that using Google sensibly is a bad idea.

Just because the majority does something, through stubbornness or ignorance or willful stupidity, does not mean that other people should follow along with it.

Back
Top Bottom