• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I've discovered a completely irrelevant glitch in gen V

eevee_em

Mew!
So last night I was playing White 2 while watching the news when something very interesting happened. I was going around defeating wild Pokemon with my Liepard, Lia, while looking for ones I hadn't caught for my Pokedex. Lia knows Assist, which I love to use when training because randomness is fun. She used one attack that involved bubbles, which I didn't see the name of because I was glancing back-and-forth between the game and the TV. I had no idea what attack it was, since the only Pokemon that knew any water-type moves in my party was a Simipour that didn't know Bubble or Bubblebeam. Lia got that attack from Assist one other time that night, but again I didn't catch the name since I was multitasking. I was really confused until I remembered something: the egg a carrying with me contained a Tympole. Sure enough, when Tympole hatched, it knew Bubble as a starting move.

Conclusion: At least in White 2, Assist will apparently treat the moves of unhatched Pokemon the same as if they were hatched, and therefore giving the Pokemon using Assist a chance to use those moves. This despite that fact that it makes no sense.

...so, assuming this still works in earlier generations, like gen 3...

What would happen if you had a party of two consisting of something that knew Assist and a Bad Egg? Would it use the Bad Egg's attacks? What even are that thing's attacks?

What even are that thing's attacks?

Struggle.

Haha no I don't know. I don't think it has attacks o_O

But @eevee_em, that's really cool. I think I have to start training my Liepard while carrying Eggs now, maaaaan.

Back
Top Bottom