• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Pokemon Crimson (an interactive Fakemon fic)

Kung Fu Ferret

Yokai Of Despair
Pronoun
he/him/his
In the far off region of Tikod (pronounced "Tea-Cod"), a young Trainer will leave home to go on his or her Pokemon journey across a unique landscape, somewhere between Hoenn and Kalos.

Brief intro

A chubby young man with blonde hair and blue eyes, with a white lab coat on, obviously the regional Tree-named Professor, Dennis Maple, is standing in his lab, trying to get to know our protagonist.

"Hello. My name is Professor Maple, and welcome to the world of Pokemon! Pokemon are such amazing creatures. Some people keep them as pets, others use them to battle. What you do with them, however, is up to you. Now tell me, are you a boy or a girl?"

"So you're a girl? And your name is?"

"Maxine.. What a nice name! Now what do you look like?"

(thanks to I Liek Squirtles for the name and gender of our protagonist, next person to PM me after reading this can physically describe Maxine...)

Last edited:
The starters for the region will be a Grass-type moose, a Fire-type cheetah, and a Water-type platypus. Their names will be Moosling, Scorcheetah, and Platagua.

Last edited:
As soon as we get to know what Maxine will look like, I will post the first part, and she will receive her Scorcheetah (thanks sv_01)!

Maxine will have bobbed platinum blonde hair, emerald green eyes, be very pale, and wear a blue-and-white stripped T-shirt, and black semi-skinny jeans, and red shoes, and will be a bit short and stocky for her age.

(Credit goes to Lilycolo)

Maxine was in her home in Landice Village, and her father, whom had been raising her alone since her mother passed about three years ago, decided that she go out on a Pokemon journey while he tries to replace his deceased wife in his heart.

Maxine had just turned thirteen, and was researching the starters of the Tikod Region online on her Pokeblet (A Pokemon Tablet).

"Moosling, is the Grass-Type Starter, and starts out knowing Tackle, Growl, and Twig Shot. Scorcheetah, is the Fire-Type Starter, and starts out knowing Scratch, Growl, and Fireball. Platagua is the Water-Type Starter, and starts out knowing Pound, Growl, and Ripple Drop. Which one I want will be decided soon. Bye, Dad!"

Maxine waved goodbye to her father, after grabbing her bag, and her large, pink cowboy hat, which belonged to her mother, and put said hat on her head.

Immediately after she went out the door, two of her old childhood friends came out to greet her.

"So, you moved back into your old house, Maxine? Glad to have you back from Unova." Her male rival, said. This young man was roughly Maxine's age, and had curly red hair, was several hues darker than Maxine, with hazel eyes, and was wearing a green baseball cap with what seemed to be a Master Ball on it, along with a blue plaid sweatshirt with rolled-up sleeves, khaki shorts, and white sneakers. His name was Leroy.

"Maxine! It's me, Anya! It's been five years! Don't you recognize me? Leroy and I have been waiting for SOOOOOOO LONG! Now we get to choose our first Pokemon! Let's go go go!" Anya said, and she has been Maxine's best friend since daycare. She was a spiky-haired brunette with blue eyes and had seemed to have been tanning recently, and quite well too. She was a tomboy, wearing a gray shirt with Espurr-like eyes, a black mini-skirt, and dark blue shoes.

They walked for about five minutes, and made it Professor Maple's lab. Unfortunately Dennis Maple was at a conference in Johto at the time, wouldn't be back for another three days.

Luckily, his assistant, and adult son, Carl, was there.

Carl was a thinner, younger version of his dad, only with corn rows.

"Yo! My pops is in Johto for the weekend! What up? You here for your first Pokemon? Oh... He told me that, y'all." Carl was clearly trying to sound gangster, but failed.

"I'll pick first! I'll go with Scorcheetah. I've always admired its speed." Maxine said.
"In that case, I'll pick Platagua. Because I can, that's why...." Leroy said.
"Fine... I wanted Moosling anyways because it's the CUTEST!" Anya said.

Pokedex info for the Starters:

"Moosling, the Twig Moose Pokemon. Moosling's antlers are just growing. It can eat three times it weight in leaves in one sitting. In a pinch, Moosling can headbutt with enough force to uproot a large shrub."

"Scorcheetah, the Ember Cat Pokemon. It can shoot flames from around its neck, in a similar fashion to Typhlosion, when frightened. Within hours of birth, it can sprint up to 42 miles per hour."

"Platagua, the Ripple Pokemon. Platagua's claws contain a small amount of poison that is considered harmless to humans unless ingested. It can create ripples of water by clicking its tongue against the roof of its mouth."

First two battles coming soon!

Before I post the battles, I have decided on secondary types for Moosling's, Scorcheetah's, and Platagua's first and second evolved forms.

Moosling will become Grass/Rock when it evolves into Mooshrub, and maintain that typing as it evolves into Foralcest.
Scorcheetah will become Fire/Dark when it evolves into Cheetorch, and maintain that typing as it evolves into Inferline.
Platagua will become Water/Poison when it evolves into Toxxiplatt, and maintain that typing as it evolves into Platyseidon.

I also decided on the eight Gym types.

Gym 1: Fighting
Gym 2: Water
Gym 3: Ghost
Gym 4: Fire
Gym 5: Psychic
Gym 6: Steel
Gym 7: Dragon
Gym 8: Dark

This fic features both new Fakemon and pre-existing Pokemon from all six generations so far, some which will receive new Mega Evolutions.

UPDATE: Sorry for the delay, I am having minor computer issues. Bear with me while I figure out a few kinks in the system.

(sorry for the delay, having some technical issues with my computer, so I am at my local library right now.)

The first two battles are here finally!

Maxine has been challenged by Pokemon trainer Anya!

Anya sent out Moosling!

"Let's do this, Moosling!" Anya exclaimed, sending out a small-sized, green-and-brown large-headed moose-like Pokemon with small twig-like antlers, leaf-like ears, and longish legs.

"Okay, Scorcheetah, time to shine!" Maxine shouted, sending out a small, yellow-orange cat-like Pokemon with dark red spots, and and a ring of white-hot flames around its neck.

"Scorcheetah! Use Fireball!" Maxine added, with her feline Pokemon shooting a small, spherical ember at Moosling.

Moosling was hit pretty hard.

"Moosling! Use Twig Shot!" Anya said to her Pokemon.

Moosling let out a cry while small, pointy twigs rapidly came, seemingly out of its antlers aimed towards Scorcheetah.

It wasn't very effective, fortunately for Scorcheetah.

"Finish this with Scratch!" Maxine ordered, before her Scorcheetah swiped at Moosling with its paws.

Moosling fainted, and Anya said "Sorry, Moosling. I guess I got too excited... You deserve to rest..", returning it to its Pokeball.

Scorcheetah and Moosling were both fully healed, thanks to Carl, and Leroy decided to challenged Maxine as well.

"I'm not going easy on you, Maxine! Just thought you'd know... Platagua! Come on out!"
Leroy exclaimed, sending out his blue and gray, stubby-legged, Psyduck-billed and Bibarel-tailed Pokemon with webbed feet.

Scorcheetah was well rested, and was ready for another battle.

"Platagua! Use Growl!'

Platagua made a muttery noise towards Scorcheetah, lowering its attack stat.

"Scorcheetah! Use Scratch!"

Scorcheetah proceeded to swipe Platagua with its paws, and landed a critical hit!"

"Ouch.." Leroy said "That ought to hurt! Platagua! USE POUND!"

Platagua proceeded to whap Scorcheetah with its rather large tail.

"Scorcheetah. You can do this! Use Fireball to finish 'im off!"

Scorcheetah then shot another pyro sphere, and it barely did enough damage to make Platagua faint.

Scorcheetah grew from level 5 to level 7!

"Platagua, return!" Leroy said, sending his Pokemon back to its Pokeball.

Maxine and Leroy's Pokemon were healed by Carl, who gave them, plus Anya, each a Pokedex. He also gave each of them fifteen Pokeballs.

"Yo. I know these were yer first battles, y'all, but please try not to battle in my lab, kay?" Carl asked. "Now let me show you newbies how to catch a Pokemon outside!"

(next part coming soonish)

(The next part is here! But the truth is... I was debating on moving this fic to BMGF, and still thinking...)

Maxine, Anya, and Leroy all followed Carl to Route 1.

It was west of the quaint, scenic Landice Town, and as Carl walked into the tall grass, he noticed a Derpossum, a new Normal-type Pokemon that was a long-snouted, prehensile-tailed, toothy, and quite fluffy possum-like creature with gray fur.

The Derpossum was just staring Carl straight in the eye.

"Alright, Sneakoati! Let's teach these noobs how to catch a Pokemon!" Carl shouted, throwing a Pokeball, and releasing a tan-and-black Pokemon with a long snout and even longer tail with a ringed pattern. Sneakoati is a Dark-Type Pokemon, and like Derpossum, it is endemic to the Tikod region.

Carl ordered Sneakoati to use Bite.

The wild Derpossum flinched and couldn't move!

"Alright, yo! Now's the perfect time to throw a Pokeball!" Carl explained to Maxine and the others, before proceeding in an attempt to capture Derpossum.

The ball shook three times and clicked.

Derpossum was caught!

"That, y'all, is how to catch a Pokemon. Any questions? Here are some Pokeballs for each of yas, and some Potions. The nearest Pokemon Center is in Brawluna City, which is right on the other side of Landice Forest. Have fun, yo! My pops should be coming in to Brawluna Airport any day now, and he has a surprise for you from Johto!" Carl explained. "Toodles!". Carl walked back to the lab.

"What do you wanna do now, Maxine?" Leroy asked. "I was thinking of seeing what Pokemon are around her before challenging the Brawluna Gym."

"I'll catch any cute Pokemon I see!" Anya said, in a rather squee-like voice.

(Sorry for the delay, but I'll come up with a list of Pokemon found on the first two Routes AND Brawluna Forest whenever I get the chance.)

Route 1 Pokemon List:

Common:
Derpossum (Normal)
Sneakoati (Dark)
Quickadee (Normal/Flying)
Caterpezant (Bug/Fairy)

Uncommon:
Pineco
Bidoof
Stunky

Rare:
Sayterr (Fighting/Fairy)