• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your name in Japanese

I don't mean "you" as in "you, ArtificialFlavor", but "you" as in "you white people". The same way we get called yellow and, er, African(-Americans) get called "black", though that's almost true for some of the darker ones.

well we could say 'light beige', 'beige with a slightly yellower complexion' and 'varying shades of brown' but that's a mouthfull.
Anyway I've never heard anyone say 'yo check out that yellow guy', I've always heard Asian but I dunno :v

Why is everyone throwing a shitfit over mistranslated Japanese anyway. I see people make mistakes in French all the time but I don't go 'YOU FUCKING CUNTS IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE OTHER TENSE NOT THE COMPOSITE PAST FUCKING WEAFRENCH FUCKERS JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST ''AMERICANS/BRITS/RUSSIANS/MEXICANS/ATLANTIS-PEOPLE'' *EYEROLL*'
i like to imagine this exact thing is happening on a japanese forum somewhere with a 'your name in english!' thread and some guys are pissing themselves correcting them exactly like here.

well we could say 'light beige', 'beige with a slightly yellower complexion' and 'varying shades of brown' but that's a mouthfull.
Anyway I've never heard anyone say 'yo check out that yellow guy', I've always heard Asian but I dunno :v

Why is everyone throwing a shitfit over mistranslated Japanese anyway. I see people make mistakes in French all the time but I don't go 'YOU FUCKING CUNTS IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE OTHER TENSE NOT THE COMPOSITE PAST FUCKING WEAFRENCH FUCKERS JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST ''AMERICANS/BRITS/RUSSIANS/MEXICANS/ATLANTIS-PEOPLE'' *EYEROLL*'
i like to imagine this exact thing is happening on a japanese forum somewhere with a 'your name in english!' thread and some guys are pissing themselves correcting them exactly like here.
Except not many people give a shit about the French, and vice versa.

And I've put up with it all my life. I guess it starts to piss me off after a while. Kind of like the way people immediately assume all martial arts are "kuh-rah-tee".

I don't mean "you" as in "you, ArtificialFlavor", but "you" as in "you white people". The same way we get called yellow and, er, African(-Americans) get called "black", though that's almost true for some of the darker ones.

But I'm not white. D:

Even if French is spoken by X% of people, nothing good ever comes from France or whatever.

but it'd be funny if you did :( Or at least fun to read.
well yeah people loev bitching

Except not many people give a shit about the French, and vice versa.
why should they care about japan then
i mean france has produced and continues to produce many great things that aren't cartoons or martial arts
i mean those two reasons are the only ones as to why everyone luvs japan because no one cares about actual culture

but it'd be funny if you did :( Or at least fun to read.
okay

why should they care about japan then
i mean france has produced and continues to produce many great things that aren't cartoons or martial arts
i mean those two reasons are the only ones as to why everyone luvs japan because no one cares about actual culture
Except weeaboos.

There's also cars and all that. And that stereotype that the Japanese take crappy American junk and improve it or some bullshit like that.

Back
Top Bottom