• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie vs. Lord of the Fireflies

reffing probably up some time before sunrise but also: lmao i forgot fire was weak to rock when i posted this; editing c.w.'s health

reffing probably up some time before sunrise but also: lmao i forgot fire was weak to rock when i posted this; editing c.w.'s health

It should do 9% damage then, right, since Dame has -1 Attack and that's applied before type modifiers?

(Depending on your answer, I'm probably going to change my commands a tiny bit, just a heads up)

edit: I went ahead and changed it, since I want to slp

Last edited:
Eifie [XOO]
C.W. Fluff (F) <Intimidate> @Fire Stone
growlithe
Health: 37%
Energy: 71%
Status: Where did that come from? Special Attack -1, Defense, Special Defense -2.
Score: 107

Lord of the Fireflies [XXO]
Dame Noire (F) <Pressure> @Electrizer
absol
Health: 48%
Energy: 67%
Status: Starting to feel more confident. Attack, Special Attack-1.
Score: 113

-BEGIN ROUND 9-

Dame Noire's fur stood on end. This was a result of the static electricity building thereupon, but C.W. Fluff didn't seem to realize as much. To her, it just looked like any pitiful defense mechanism, just another sign of fear. She lifted her chin proudly as she paced back and forth in a zig-zag. She sauntered right up to Dame Noire, not showing even the slightest regard for... whatever it was she was preparing to do, exactly. She walked up, drew her muzzle intimately close, and as she opened her mouth to whisper some foul taunt, there was a crack, and she seized in place. Dame, stoically refusing to acknowledge Fluff's proximity, simply turned away.

The Absol, internally seething with rage at C.W. Fluff's arrogance, slammed a paw into the dirt, once more beckoning the rocks to her command. The henge that had built up at the center of the arena suddenly came to life, rising into the air for a moment before launching directly into the Growlithe. Fluff howled in pain as the rocks struck her one after another, and again struggling not to be buried under their bulk. As she ducked and juked, she could feel her body getting hotter and hotter. She jumped around one more boulder, and then directed this heat outward in an overwhelming stream of blue-and-white-hot fire. Dame Noire reeled at the attack, and slammed another paw in the ground - equal parts stabilization and command. The rocks kept rising from the dirt and slamming into C.W., then rising again and repeating. All the while, the Growlithe did her best to fight the stiffness in her limbs and keep moving toward her foe. She rammed into the Absol, stomping her onto her side, roughing her up as much as she could before the referee's whistle cried out in interruption.

-END ROUND 9-

Eifie [XOO]
C.W. Fluff (F) <Intimidate> @Fire Stone
growlithe
Health: 7%
Energy: 51%
Status: You DARE interrupt this work? Special Attack, Defense, Special Defense -3. Paralysed.
Score: 39

Lord of the Fireflies [XXO]
Dame Noire (F) <Pressure> @Electrizer
absol
Health: 15%
Energy: 53%
Status: Feeling battered, but vindicated. Attack +1, Special Attack -1. Confused.
Score: 58

Notes:
-And with that, LotF takes the bout, and the game is a draw! Database shall distribute the prizes.
-gg all.
-No full confusion or paralysis or flinches at all. What the hell, why can't I have these battles?

frickin jeez

Good game, LotF! I am honored to have managed a tie. :O And thank you for the speedy and entertaining reffings, Walker!

frickin jeez

Good game, LotF! I am honored to have managed a tie. :O And thank you for the speedy and entertaining reffings, Walker!

thank you for giving memorable things to ref! the illusion shenanigans were really fun, and intimidate gave me lots to build off of in terms of dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom