The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Anime-Style Battling > ASB Archive

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Negrek's Avatar
Negrek Negrek is offline
busy dizzy lazy
 
Join Date: July 20, 2008
Location: Lurking
Age: 30
Posts: 5,969
Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

1 vs 1
DQ Time: 3 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills, direct healers
Terrain: Castelia City Square

Castelia City is the gateway to Unova, its port welcoming trainers from around the world. Today those trainers include a fair number from Asber, turned out to compete or spectate on the first round of the League Championship. The city square at the center of Castelia has been reserved for the first round of battle, its broad cobbled expanse providing plenty of room to fight and the central fountain offering a refuge for pokémon that would rather swim than stand. Skyscrapers rise on all sides, framing the scene with the imposing prosperity of Castelia City.

More than just Asber's own trainers have turned out for the battles, though; plenty of curious Castelia residents and tourists mill about the rim of the arena, hoping to catch a few exciting battles. To ensure that they don't go unsatisfied, the regional authorities have generously--and forcefully--provided some of Unova's most powerful pokémon for the trainers to test-drive and show off for the crowd. Unfortunately, with the number of battles that need to be run through before the TCoD League's lease on the square expires, some of the fights might have to be truncated a bit.

For this battle, you will be using a pokémon on loan from the Unova League. Your choices are below. The first player will get first pick of pokémon, and the second will make their pick and then attack as usual. This match will be capped at five rounds. If both pokémon are still standing at the end of round five, the pokémon's health and energy will be added together and the one with the most will be declared the winner.

The pokémon:

Scolipede (M) <Poison Point>
Throh (M) <Inner Focus>
Hydreigon (F) <Levitate>
Simisear (M) <Gluttony>

1. Pathos chooses a pokémon
2. Effercon chooses a pokémon and attacks
3. Pathos attacks
  #2  
Old 05-27-2011, 04:38 PM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

I'll take Hydreigon and I'm gonna call her Heidi.
  #3  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Ether's Bane Ether's Bane is offline
future Singaporean
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Land of Apocalypse & Solitude
Posts: 2,064
Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

I'll use Throh, which I'll name X. Yes, just X.

Bulk Up ~ Brick Break x2
__________________
T-U-M-B-L-R

Last.fm


Quote:
AG: Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!
AG: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
AG: Oh my god, I cannot 8elieve how hilariously pathetic that whole exchange was.
AG: Even 8y your wretched standards, Toreadork!
AG: Hahahahahahahaha, oh god I can't 8reathe!!!!!!!!
AG: A8solutely priceless. XXXXD
AT: hEY, vRISKA,
AT: tHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE, oF A PERSONAL NATURE,
AT: hOW COULD YOU EVEN BE READING THAT,
AG: Pff. Tavros, sometimes your stupidity surprises even me.
AG: Next time you decide to open your heart to an alien girl........
AG: Make sure her chat client isn't 8eing holographically projected for all to see, ok?
AT: uH,
AT: wHOOOPS,
AG: It was so em8arrassing just reading that Tavros. I'm em8arrassed!
AG: I am actually feeling genuine em8arrassment. Your o8scene incompetence is actually polluting my otherwise pristine composure. Nice going!


Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
  #4  
Old 05-28-2011, 10:21 AM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Alright! First off, Heidi, Thunder Wave and float up high enough where you will be unhittable by any contact moves. If you are confident that you can target X well enough without missing from your altitude, then Dragon Pulse; if not, use Earth Power instead, since that shouldn't be affected by how high up you are.

Thunder Wave ~ Dragon Pulse / Earth Power x2
  #5  
Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 AM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

ASB League Championship 2011 Round One- Pathos vs. Effercon

Every few years, Asber enters a festive mood as the League Chapionships come around. This year is especially exciting, with the introduction of new pokemon and the prospect of possibly finishing the championship this year. The Unovan League has been kind enough to loan a few powerful pokemon to the competitiors.

Castelia City's impressive skyline looms over the participants like a newly awakened Groudon. Pathos and Effercon walk up to the Unovan official with the pokemon. Pathos picks a pokeball, impressed by he dragon type held inside. Effercon chooses next, and like all of the Gary Oaks of the world, picks the pokemon with the type advanage. Both battlers walk to their respective sides and toss their Premier Balls into the air. Pathos's releases a large, 3-headed dragon, and Efercon's a large, bulky pokemon in a judo outfit. A large crowd had already began to gather around the square, and they were now placing bets on the winner. The ref, ever so excited to start, raises his flags and signals for the battle to start.

Round I/V

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Normal
Condition: Snapping his jaws at his opponent. All 3 of them.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Normal
Condition: Tightening his belt.

Round I Begin!

With the crowd growing larger every second, Pathos decides to make the first move. Heidi begins to growl. She begins to build up a weak, unstable electrical charge and transfers it to one of her heads. The head (her left, to be exact,) growls and opens its mouth, firing off the bluish-yellow charge at X. X takes the hit with no pain, but notices as soon as he tries to move that his muscles are going haywire. X, not wanting to move much, decides to fortify his defenses. He concentrates and stands still, bulking himself up with extra muscle. Though he reconciles himself a bit, Shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen.

What went unnoticed by X was that as soon as he got hit by the electricity, Heidi had taken the oppurtunity to float out of his reach. X, quite frustrated by the turn of events, has no choice but to follow his trainer's now flawed oreders. X gives a noble attempt to jump up and hit Heidi with a Brick Break, but ultimately falls short. Heidi begins to snicker a bit.

Too far up to execute a succesful projectile attack, Heidi decides on the next best thing- an attack from below. She lifts her head up and gives off a mighty roar. A woman somewhere in the crowd screams and faints. X feels the ground beneath him begin to shake a bit, seconds later it begins to grow hot. Panicking slightly, X attempts to move out of the way, but to no avail. Seconds later, a huge torrent of earth and molten rock erupt from the ground beneath where X is standing, launching cobblestones and small chunks of rock everywhere. X is knocked back a bit by the force of the explosion, but he stands up fairly unfazed. X once again tries to hit Heidi with a brick break, but atthis point he puts no effort into it due to him not even standing a chance to hit Heidi. From her position above the crowd, and more importantly X, Heidi lets out a triumphant roar. The same woman who had fainted earlier, who had recently arisen, screams and faints again.

Round I End!

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 85%
Status: Normal
Condition: Laughing high up above the crowd.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 90%
Energy: 91%
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, Paralyzed (moderate)
Condition: Covered in earth, feeling tingly, and ticked off at the stupid dragon.

Arena Notes:
There is a large crowd of people gathered around the battle. A fountain is gurgling near one end, moderately away from the battlers. There is a large ruptured area of earth near where X was standing previously. Various bits of cobllestone and rock cover the ground around the area.

Ref's Notes
-I counted "Thunder Wave and float up high enough where you will be unhittable by any contact moves." as a combined move, so Heidi would only get one move afterward. Which is why she only attacked once rather than twice.
-Heidi used Earth Power because the altitude she was at was too high to accurately pull off a Dragon Pulse.
-X surprisingly did not paralysisfail. Not that it really mattered.
-X is the best nickname ever.
-The annoying fainting woman shall return.

Next Round-
Pathos attacks.
Effercon attacks.
I ref.
__________________

Last edited by RespectTheBlade; 05-31-2011 at 09:44 PM.
  #6  
Old 05-31-2011, 12:59 PM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Well Heidi, since you're high enough that your projectiles won't hit, I assume the same goes for X. Meaning we're pretty much invulnerable, since throh learns nothing that can hit a flying pokemon (no twister/gust/thunder/hi jump kick), or gravity. So just go ahead and taunt if he can hear you (check by just calling out to him first, no need to waste an action) - if he can't, earth power away, cause that means you can't hear him either. Since you can roar loud enough for the earth to respond, I'm guessing he should be able to hear you too.

If he's taunted, earth power the rest of the round, but pay attention to these clauses anyhow because they're important; earth power when you can, but if he's unhittable for some: if he's underground, chill; if he has clones, pull water from the fountain and surf; or if he's protecting, chill.

Taunt / Earth Power ~ Earth Power / Chill / Surf x2
  #7  
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 PM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

One thing I forgot to mention- Heidi is floating so that she is invulnerable to any contact attacks, and projectile attacks only have 50% accuracy against her. Likewise, she is unable to make any contact attacks and any of her projectile attacks only have 50% accuracy. So, she was too far away to accurately hit X with Dragon Pulse, and she decided Earth Power would have been safer.

I really should have stated this earlier, I apologize. Pathos, if you need to re-issue commands because this changes anything, that's fine.
EDIT: also, it apparently costs Heidi an extra 1% energy per action to stay afloat at the altitude she's at. fixing energy in the first reffing.
__________________

Last edited by RespectTheBlade; 05-31-2011 at 09:44 PM.
  #8  
Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Ether's Bane Ether's Bane is offline
future Singaporean
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Land of Apocalypse & Solitude
Posts: 2,064
Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Okay, X, what you want to do here is use Bulk Up, then Toxic, and end it with a Focus Blast. If you are taunted for any of the first two actions, use Stone Edge.

Bulk Up/Stone Edge ~ Toxic/Stone Edge ~ Focus Blast
__________________
T-U-M-B-L-R

Last.fm




Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
  #9  
Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

I'll leave my commands as is, since Effercon already posted its commands.
  #10  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 PM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Round II/V

Arena Notes:
There is a large crowd of people gathered around the battle. A fountain is gurgling near one end, moderately away from the battlers. There is a large ruptured area of earth near where X was standing previously. Various bits of cobllestone and rock cover the ground around the area.

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 85%
Status: Normal
Condition: Laughing high up above the crowd.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 90%
Energy: 91%
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, Paralyzed (moderate)
Condition: Covered in earth, feeling tingly, and ticked off at the stupid dragon.

Round II Begin!

From high above the city, Heidi begins to taunt X. <X... Such a stupid name. Can I call you hopeless? Fits much better. Well, hopeless, since you're down there, paralyzed, and I'm all the way up here, there's nothing you can do. I'm just going to keep destroying you, piece by piece, until I win. You're a disgrace to all of Unova, not even able to hold your own against a pokemon that you have a type advantage against.> Infuriated, X decides to forgoe his trainer's non-offensive commands and use the other set provided. X stomps on the ground to crack the cobblestones even more, then picks up a number of very sharp fragments and throws them in the general direction of Heidi. The stones go short by about 10 feet. Heidi begins to laugh at X. <Who named your species? you can't throw for your life!>

Heidi then settles her self and returns to destroying the Throh. She roars loudly, and X feels the all too familiar rumble underneath him. The ground erupts yet agan, spraying lava and earth all over X. The Throh struggles to get his bearings, but then notices something that might give him a slight advantage. A large number of sharp stone fragments had landed right next to him from the eruption. X picks them up, and flings them toards Heidi. The dragon laughs when she sees this, but her laughter is cut short when the stones dig into her skin, causing her to roar in pain.

<Insolent little...> Heidi mumbles. Then, she roars louder than she has roared the whole battle and a third pilar of magma erupts from X's feet. X is knocked back a few feet from the eruption. After a few seconds, the Throh is back on his feet. X begins to glow with a dark gold light. Slowly, a ball of golden-brown energy begins to form at the Throh's fingertips. After the ball has grown to a sufficient size, X launches it at Heidi. Though the attack is normally innacurate, and the distance only helped to decrease said accuracy, the shockwave hits its mark. Heidi's flies backward and hits a skyscraper, breaking a few windows and sendng a few cubicle dwellers into a state of panic. The pure Fighting-type energy sears her skin as it counteracts with her dark aura, and the pain that Heidi feels is severe. Heidi flies back to her perch high above the crowd, giving X a death glare and hoping for some particularly bloodthirsty commands next round.

Round II End!

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 63%
Energy: 67%
Status: Normal
Condition: Glaring at X, in pain from the Focus Blast.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 70%
Energy: 66%
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, Paralyzed (moderate), Taunted (1 more action)
Condition: Still covered in earth and feeling tingly, but a bit happier about getting something done. Fairly mad at Heidi.

Ref's Notes:
-Heidi was close enough to X for X to be Taunted.
-The second Stone Edge and the Focus Blast hit despite having 50% accuracy apiece.
-Just as a remiender, it costs 3% per round for Heidi to be floating at her altitude(1% per action)
-The crashing into a skyscraper thing was just flavor text, it didn't increase the damage done to Heidi.
-Effercon has just informed me of a 9 day absence, so he may not be able to post, but he will not be DQ'd. After said 9 days are up, the DQ time will then begin to come in effect. He will have 72 hours from that point to post commands.

Arena Notes:
There is a large crowd of people gathered around the battle. A fountain is gurgling near one end, moderately away from the battlers. There are now three large ruptured areas of earth about the size of X clustered around him. Also near him are a number of sharp bits of cobblestone. Most of the cobllestone in the central square has been cracked or ruptured, save for a few spots away from the battlers. A skyscraper near Heidi's position has a few windows broken and some concrete cracked on the 8th floor from her impact.

Next Round:
-Effercon orders commands
-Pathos orders commands
-I ref.
__________________
  #11  
Old 06-12-2011, 05:39 AM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Even with his post in the absence sheet, I believe this goes over the DQ time.
  #12  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Ether's Bane Ether's Bane is offline
future Singaporean
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Land of Apocalypse & Solitude
Posts: 2,064
Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Nope.

Anyway, just spam Focus Blast, unless he uses a status move, in which case use Bulk Up.

Focus Blast/Bulk Up x3
__________________
T-U-M-B-L-R

Last.fm


Quote:
UU: oh bloody hell.
UU: THIS was yoUr "enchantment?"
UU: are yoU serioUs???????????
UU: UUUUUUUUUUUgh. this is yoUr shittiest twist yet!
uu: WELL PLAYED "SIS!"
uu: YOu CHECKMATED MY QuEEN!
uu: AAH! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA!
uu: THIS IS SO FuCKING FuNNY.
UU: i am jUst astonished.
UU: not at the gUile of yoUr little ploy, bUt by the fact that yoU actUally seem to think this was a clever rUse.
UU: it is jUst so painfUlly daft, i...
UU: i am speechless!
uu: NEVER SAW SOMEONE SPEECHLESS. WHO HAD SO MuCH TO TYPE.
uu: I THOuGHT YOu OF ALL PEOPLE WOuLD APPRECIATE MY MODIFICATIONS.
uu: THE CROWNS ARE REALLY NICE AND WELL CRAFTED.
uu: FORM FITTING. HARDLY ADDING ANY HEIGHT.
uu: LIKE CAPPING.
uu: A TOOTH.
uu: YOu WERE COMPLETELY FOOLED.
uu: AND NOW THE COVETED PRANKSTER'S GAMBIT BETWEEN uS.
uu: BELONGS TO ME.
UU: this is absUrd.
UU: yoU nagged incessantly for me to allow yoU to reverse the starting positions of the king and qUeen!
UU: i only agreed to get yoU to shUt Up aboUt it, and regardless, i knew i coUld beat yoU anyway even with yoUr initial "advantage." and i was right!
UU: how can yoU claim this as a legitimate strategy?
UU: yoU broke the rUles!
uu: HEY! I DIDN'T BREAK ANY RuLES.
uu: I MERELY ASKED IF YOu WOuLD AGREE. TO ME SWAPPING THE START POSITIONS OF THE KING AND QuEEN.
uu: AND YOu DID AGREE.
uu: BuT THEN I DIDN'T ACTuALLY DO IT.
uu: WHEN DID I SAY I WOuLD? NEVER.
uu: I WAS ONLY GAuGING YOuR WILLINGNESS TO MAKE THE EXCEPTION.
uu: I THEN WENT ABOuT DECORATING MY KING AND QuEEN WITH NICE LITTLE HATS.
uu: WHICH IS *ALSO* NOT AGAINST THE RuLES.
uu: YOu DO IT ALL THE FuCKING TIME. GIVE YOuR GAME PIECES HORNS AND SHIT.
uu: YOu EVEN GIVE THEM NAMES AND BLOOD CASTES. YuCK.
uu: SO IF YOu HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY DECORATIONS. I SAY POT. ALLOW ME TO INTRODuCE YOU TO THE FuCKING KETTLE.


Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
  #13  
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 PM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Alriiiight. Double Team for as many clones as you can, then come down and hit X with a Fly + Acrobatics.

Double Team ~ Fly + Acrobatics
  #14  
Old 06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Round III/V

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 63%
Energy: 67%
Status: Normal
Condition: Glaring at X, in pain from the Focus Blast.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 70%
Energy: 66%
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, Paralyzed (moderate), Taunted (1 more action)
Condition: Still covered in earth and feeling tingly, but a bit happier about getting something done. Fairly mad at Heidi.

Arena Notes:
There is a large crowd of people gathered around the battle. A fountain is gurgling near one end, moderately away from the battlers. There are now three large ruptured areas of earth about the size of X clustered around him. Also near him are a number of sharp bits of cobblestone. Most of the cobllestone in the central square has been cracked or ruptured, save for a few spots away from the battlers. A skyscraper near Heidi's position has a few windows broken and some concrete cracked on the 8th floor from her impact.

Round III Begin!

High in the air, Heidi begins to fly in a circle at top speed, becoming a blur to those watching her. When she finally finishes and stands still, it's not one Heidi grinning down at X, but five. X, still enraged at Heidi, Launches a sphere of pure fighting energy at her. The sphere unfortunately misses all of the Hydriegon and crashes back into the ground with a large burst of energy.

Laughing at X, all five of the Hydreigon divebomb down towards X, each one of them spinning and twirling through the air like they're on trapezes. X closes his eyes and braces himself for the impacts. To his surprise, he only feels one. The blow is still powerful enough to knock him off of his feet and send him flying a few feet back, crashing into the cobblestone of the square. When X gets up and looks at his opponents, he still sees five Hydreigons grinning at him. X is relieved his opponents are no longer in the air, out of reach, but he still is puzzled as to which to attack. Feeling that getting rid of a clone is better than not attacking at all, X begins to build up energy inside of him, most of it fueled by rage. As the energy collects into a basketball-size sphere in his hand, X quickly picks a random Hydreigon and chucks the glowing ball of fighting type energy at it. The move hits its mark and explodes, pure energy turning cobblestone into pebbles. To X's dismay, four Hydreigons remain, smiling at him.

Expecting an attack, X is surprised to see Heidi not making a move. Hoping that she's too tired from her combined attack to try and hit him again, X begins to charge up yet another Focus Blast. Once again picking at random, X flings te ball of light brown light at one of the dragons. Rather than fade, however, this heidi screams in pain as the ball explodes, bathing her in an energy that is dangerously corrosive to all dark types. After the light fades, Heidi looks signifigantly more hurt, and a few layers of her scales are burnt off, leaving her more susceptible to damage. X, impressed with him self, finally feels happy that the effects of paralysis are beginning to wear off.

Round III End!

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 39%
Energy: 53%
Status: -1 Sp. Def. 3 Double Team clones remaining.
Condition: In pain and not feeling well at all. Likes the air better than land.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 48%
Energy: 45%
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, Paralyzed (mild)
Condition: Enjoying Heidi's pain.

Arena Notes:
There is a large crowd of people gathered around the battle. A fountain is gurgling near one end, moderately away from the battlers. There are now three large ruptured areas of earth about the size of X clustered around him. Also near him are a number of sharp bits of cobblestone. Most of the cobllestone in the central square has been cracked or ruptured, save for a few spots away from the battlers. A skyscraper near Heidi's position has a few windows broken and some concrete cracked on the 8th floor from her impact.

Ref's Notes:
-Focus Blast was used in lieu of Bulk Up on the first action due to X being taunted for that action.
-Fly has 90 base power, and Acrobatics would have had 110. I settled on a 150 base power flying type move for the combined attack.
-Heidi still has 3 clones left, but X knows where to attack, because of correctly striking Heidi. Effectiely, they wouldn't decrease X's accuracy now.
-It should be said that you guys only have two more rounds to post, so make your commands count. Effercon currently has 1 more point than Pathos, so this match is still really close.

Next Round:
-Pathos attacks
-Effercon attacks
-I ref.
__________________
  #15  
Old 06-19-2011, 11:42 PM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

technically, this match is over the DQ time. However, since I forgot to warn the battlers, Pathos has 24 hours to post commands before DQ.

EDIT: Nevermind, pathos posted in the absence thread.
__________________

Last edited by RespectTheBlade; 06-20-2011 at 12:19 PM.
  #16  
Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 PM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Fly back up, make sure you and your remaining clones switch around each other to try and confuse X. Fly high enough that no attacks can reach you (excluding the obvious thunder/twister/gust that X doesn't have access to). Then at the end of the round, and make sure it's the end and that you're out-stalling X in whatever he's doing, come down and hit him with a Dragon Tail + Fly, just to make sure you have lower priority and he can't out-stall you with vital throw or something.

Fly ~ Dragon Tail + Fly
  #17  
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Ether's Bane Ether's Bane is offline
future Singaporean
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Land of Apocalypse & Solitude
Posts: 2,064
Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Focus Blast spam.

Focus Blast x3
__________________
T-U-M-B-L-R

Last.fm


Quote:
AG: Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!
AG: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
AG: Oh my god, I cannot 8elieve how hilariously pathetic that whole exchange was.
AG: Even 8y your wretched standards, Toreadork!
AG: Hahahahahahahaha, oh god I can't 8reathe!!!!!!!!
AG: A8solutely priceless. XXXXD
AT: hEY, vRISKA,
AT: tHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE, oF A PERSONAL NATURE,
AT: hOW COULD YOU EVEN BE READING THAT,
AG: Pff. Tavros, sometimes your stupidity surprises even me.
AG: Next time you decide to open your heart to an alien girl........
AG: Make sure her chat client isn't 8eing holographically projected for all to see, ok?
AT: uH,
AT: wHOOOPS,
AG: It was so em8arrassing just reading that Tavros. I'm em8arrassed!
AG: I am actually feeling genuine em8arrassment. Your o8scene incompetence is actually polluting my otherwise pristine composure. Nice going!


Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
  #18  
Old 06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

I know I've been late to ref this, and I apologize. I will have a reffing up by tommorow evening at the latest, I've finished all of the claculations and everything.
__________________
  #19  
Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 AM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Round IV/V

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 39%
Energy: 53%
Status: -1 Sp. Def. 3 Double Team clones remaining.
Condition: In pain and not feeling well at all. Likes the air better than land.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 48%
Energy: 45%
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, Paralyzed (mild)
Condition: Enjoying Heidi's pain.

Arena Notes:
There is a large crowd of people gathered around the battle. A fountain is gurgling near one end, moderately away from the battlers. There are now three large ruptured areas of earth about the size of X clustered around him. Also near him are a number of sharp bits of cobblestone. Most of the cobllestone in the central square has been cracked or ruptured, save for a few spots away from the battlers. A skyscraper near Heidi's position has a few windows broken and some concrete cracked on the 8th floor from her impact.

Round IV Begin!
Much to X's annoyance, Heidi once again takes off into the sky, her clones twirling around her. X now not only can barely touch the Hydriegon, but he doesn't know which Hydriegon to go for. Taking a wild guess, X charges up more energy into a gleaming ball of light, and fires the projectile towards his near-impossible targets. Luck isn't on his side now, however. The projectile flies about 10 feet to the left of the floating dagons, and crashes into a nearby building. Glass sprinkles down to the sidewalk, showering down on the sidewalk. X, more annoyed than ever, wait's for Heidi's next move.

Strangely, Heidi's next move is... nothing. All three dragons just sneer down at X, waiting for his next attempt, and hopefully getting to laugh at it. X waits for a moment, shrugs, and then begins to charge up more Fighting energy. As X feels the glowing orb begin to reach full power, he launches it as accurately as he can. The orb flies through the air, misses the floating dragons completely, and continues to fall. It strikes a nearby lamp post, knocking it over in a small blast of energy. X, extremely frustrated, has given up almost all hope in coming close. He just stands, waiting for the inevitable.

.... Which refuses to come. Hiedi remains in the sky, not attacking or doing anything. X knows that he's being prompted to attack, but now, he doesn't really care. He just wants to get this fight over with. He charges up a final Focus Blast, throwing it in Hiedi's general direction. The Sphere once again comes nowhere close and falls to the ground, causing another small explosion of energy. Hiedi snickers and decides the time is right to carry out her trainer's strategy. Hiedi zooms down from the sky, speeding as fast as possible, heading straight towards X. At the last second, she spins around and hits X with her tail at high speed. X is knocked far back towards the fountain and crashes into it, destroying a part of it and landing inside. X, severely banged up and in bad condition, Slowly stands up and walks towards Hiedi. She glares back at him, smiling at him with an evil flair. Her three clones follow her, and in the confuson, X still doesn't know which is real. The two anxiously wait for their trainer's commands, wanting to end the fight once and for all. X's only consolation in the matter is that his paralysis has finally worn off.

Round IV End!

Team Pathos:


[Heidi] Hydreigon (F)
<Levitate>
Health: 39%
Energy: 37%
Status: -1 Sp. Def. 3 Double Team clones remaining.
Condition: Enjoying herself, but fairly exhausted.

Team Effercon:


[X] Throh (M)
<Inner Focus>
Health: 23%
Energy: 24%
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def.
Condition: Hurt and nearly drop-dead tired.

Arena Notes:
There is a large crowd of people gathered around the battle. A fountain is gurgling near one end, moderately away from the battlers. There are now three large ruptured areas of earth about the size of X clustered around him. Also near him are a number of sharp bits of cobblestone. Most of the cobllestone in the central square has been cracked or ruptured, save for a few spots away from the battlers. A skyscraper near Heidi's position has a few windows broken and some concrete cracked on the 8th floor from her impact. The fountain has been near destroyed, with a Throh-shaped indent in it.

Ref's Notes:
-Since Pathos commanded Hiedi to fly as high up as possible and to avoid all attacks, the three Focus Blasts missed. It cost Hiedi a bit of extra energy to stay in the air, though. (2% extra for 2 rounds)
-Dragon Tail+fly was 140 power, STAB flying attack.
-1 round left. let's finish this.

Next Round:
-Effercon attacks.
-Pathos attacks.
-I ref and distribute prizes.
__________________

Last edited by RespectTheBlade; 06-28-2011 at 05:00 PM.
  #20  
Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM
shy ♡'s Avatar
shy ♡ shy ♡ is offline
whispers in gay
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Posts: 2,548
Pronoun: he/him
shy ♡ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [11] Pathos vs Effercon (Ref: RespectTheBlade)

Uh, at Fly's height, nothing other than Thunder, Gust and Twister can hit it. :|
 

Tags
complete asb battles, loss: rock-ground, ref: respecttheblade, tournament battles, win: pathos

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.