Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Non-Pokémon > Entertainment

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Butterfree

Pronoun: any
Shiny Grimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Russian Music

Poor, poor Entertainment. D:

I'm studying Russian and trying to immerse myself as much as possible in Russian. I love music, so I figure I should combine these two things to have the best of both worlds. So, anybody know of any good music in Russian, by Russian artists, or about Russia?

Here's some stuff that I'm listening to:

Glukoza (Глюкоза) - She makes pretty standard pop. I reccomened "Sneg idyot", "Tantsui Rossiya", and "Schweine".

Nol' (Ноль)- They make some interesting music, but they're not my cup of tea. "Chelovek i koshka" is absolutely awesome, though. Another famous (relatively) song of theirs is "Idy, kuryu".

Misha and Natasha from Russia - Folk music. A guy, girl, and an accordian. Fun, eh? I like "Korobushka" and "Moscow Nights".

Cherubashka (Чебурашка​) - Not an artist (TV Show), but I like the songs anyway. Oddly introspective for children's stuff. Russia is so weird~ "Goluboj vagon" and "Pust' begut neuklyuzhe" are pretty well-known songs, aside from being awesome.

Kolibri (Колибри) - Indie Russian Pop music from the mid-90s. How many more labels can you slap on them? Take a look at Youtube for their stuff; it's rather weird depending on whether it's from their earlier or later albums.

Ok, I've shared, so now I hope you guys have interesting reccomendations. Feel free to reccomend any genre, so long as the music is in Russian or related to Russia.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 AM
helt plötsligt blev det tyst

Pronoun: He
Tarvos is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tarvos Send a message via Yahoo to Tarvos
Default Re: Russian Music

t.A.T.u.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Would you like to make a contract?

Pronoun: Male
Storm, Earth, and Fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via AIM to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via MSN to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via Skype™ to Storm, Earth, and Fire

Red Army Choir is needed.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 AM

Pronoun: they
Minish has disabled reputation

Yeah, t.A.T.u. is actually a good band, whether you're fond of their image or not.

Not only do they have a Russian discography, but they often have an English version of all their songs, so that's gotta be some help~?

Haha, other than that the only Russian song I know is Bratja from FMA. >_>
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM
your blood flows through my veins

Vladimir Putin's LJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Errr I like Russian music a lot too but I'm afraid I don't have much to suggest. The Red Army Choir is of course a pretty big staple of Russian music, as someone else said.

I'd say check out Vladimir Vysotsky. He's a very famous singer from the 70s, and a sort of cultural icon. I'd say he's sort of like the Russian Gainsbourg but no one knows Gainsbourg except French people and he's Russian too :v His wife, Marina Vlady, was a good singer too.

Modern-music-wise I'm not too savvy (except for t.A.T.u). I only know Vitas, who's a little guy with a voice capable of breaking glass. I like his music, personally, but you have to be into Opera-ish Pop. I could reccomend some good songs.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:39 AM
actually very huggable

opaltiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm, Earth, and Fire View Post
Red Army Choir is needed.
Have they ever actually done the Internationale? If not, why not? They are the Red Army Choir, ffs.
We want to be special in a universe that is uncaring and cold, and in which the nature of our existence is a transient flicker, so we invent these strange stories of grand beginnings, like every orphan dreaming that they are the children of kings who will one day ride up on a white horse and take them away to a beautiful palace and a rich and healthy family that will love them forever. We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any nobility must be earned.
— PZ Myers
Old 08-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Would you like to make a contract?

Pronoun: Male
Storm, Earth, and Fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via AIM to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via MSN to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via Skype™ to Storm, Earth, and Fire

They have.

Nothing of it on YouTube, but I did have a mp3. So I'm pretty sure they have.

Tags
music, russia