• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ABCD vs blazheirio889

Okay Duvet. Let's go hide behind a substitute (15%).

Now let's Giga Drain some energy back

Substitute 15%~Giga Drain x 2

Last edited:
Round Four

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Niflheim (M) <Run Away> @Lucky Egg
Health: 84%
Energy: 63%
Performed: Protect~Echoed Voice~Sleep Talk (Sunny Day)
Asleep (severe)
-Murmur murmur

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Duvet (F) <Infiltrator> @ Sun Stone
Health: 76%
Energy: 67%
Performed: Growth~Grasswhistle~Grasswhistle
-Glad to have something go her way
+3 Def. +1 Atk. +1 Sp. Atk.

As Duvet wiggle around, bunches of cotton started falling to the ground which she shaped. Somewhat Cottonee-like, the substitute started to glow a bright green as it absorbed energy from Duvet. Similarly, the red stone Duvet was carrying around started glowing. Niflheim, on the other hand, seemed to be in a fitful state of sleep. He wasn't going to wake up anytime soon at this rate.

Noticing this, Duvet started attacking. What started as a green aura around the little puff ball suddenly changed into bright beams of energy. These then lashed out violently and repeatedly whipped the sleeping pokemon. With each whipping, energy was being transfeered to Duvet from Niflheim, who started wildly flailing around. Both trainers and Duvet gawked at the sight. Somewhat creepily, Niflheim's body seemed to moving as if possessed by a ghost. As the movement quickly died down, Duvet once again sent forth energy whips which repeatedly lashed out at Niflheim. Waking up from the flurry of blows, the brown mammal stretched its limbs as it absorbed some sunlight. Through some unknown force, Niflheim suddenly grew larger in size. This growth spurt was even more pronounced than that of Duvet's.

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Energy: 44%
Performed: Chill~Sleep Talk(Curse)~Growth
-Suddenly Tired
-1 Spd. +3 Atk. +2 Sp. Atk. +1 Def.

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Health: 63%
Performed: Substitute~Giga Drain~Giga Drain
-Energized
Substitute - 15%

Terrain Notes
-The sun is starting to be covered by clouds (2 actions)

Damage and Energy Calculations
Duvet's HP = 76 + 2(Sun Stone) - 15(substitute) = 63
Duvet's Energy = 67 + 2(Sun Stone) - 8(substitute) + 2(giga drain) +2(giga drain) = 65
Niflheim's HP = 84
Niflheim's Energy = 63 + 10(chill) - 10(giga drain) - 10(giga drain) - 2(sleep talk) - 3(curse) - 4(growth) = 44

Final Notes
-ABCD commands first

Last edited:
Okay Duvet, let's attack them hard!

First! Let's start off with Solarbeam. Let's spread it out if neccessary to kill any clones! Now if you see Niflheim preparing to use a move that does not attack you, let's Taunt him. If he's inaccessible (i.e. Protect, Detect, etc..) in any way let's Growth.

Now for the last two actions, let's repeat the same thing except Solarbeam if Nifheim is already taunted as well.

Solarbeam/Taunt/Growth x3

Last edited:
Actually, I just use her calculator and plug in 0 exp for basic pokemon in a three stage line, and 4 exp for basic pokemon in a two stage line and so forth. Did I miss something?

Oh nonono, just checking, because depending on your method of calculation an attack may not do enough damage to break the Sub.

Commands in a bit.

ACTUALLY yeah no let's stick with what we had before... *sigh*

Hidden Power to take out the Substitute. With sun and stat boosts, it should be just enough.

Then let's have a staring contest with Duvet. That's not preparing any move, is it? Since he's faster, especially after that Curse, he'll eventually get impatient and use Solarbeam. After that happens retaliate with Yawn.

Finish up by smacking him with Stored Power.

Hidden Power ~ wait then Yawn ~ Stored Power

Round Five

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Energy: 44%
-Suddenly Tired

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Health: 63%
-Energized
Substitute - 15%

Duvet's leaves quickly glowed light green as it gathered energy in them. This took no time at all, as the sun beat down heavily. Then, a light green ball suddenly appeared on top of Duvet, her form illuminated by its glow. With a battle cry, Duvet extended the ball of energy into a thin beam, hitting Niflheim straight in the chest. Niflheim wasn't one to take attacks lying down, though, and responded in kind. As soon as he could, Niflheim drew forth a power unique to him. A dozen tiny orbs of orange energy started floating around the Eevee. Through some strange force, the spheres seemed to be growing, feeding off the rays of the sun. When he couldn't hold the attack any longer, Niflheim sent the balls of energy, one after another, towards the cottonball. Without hesitating, the Cottonee's substitute jumped in the way of the attack and was completely incinerated.

Duvet then waited for her opponent to make his move, but she was simply met with his gaze. If it was a staring contest her opponent wanted, it was a staring contest he would get. A few short moments passed by without either pokemon moving a muscle. Duvet, however, proved to be more eager for action, breaking eye contact by calling forth another beam of light which struck true. Niflheim, easily out waiting his opponent, couldn't help stifling a chuckle before producing a throaty yawn. Seemingly in response, a strong gust of wind started blowing through the arena, and clouds fully covered the sun.

The yawn was clearly effective, as Duvet, storing up energy in her leaves, started drowsing off. Solarbeam was more difficult to perform without the sun's aid, but Duvet would perform this attack even if it would've drained her energy. Hoping to inflict as much pain as possible, Duvet sent out yet another beam of light. Niflheim was getting weary of all the beams of light. Feeling very confident, Niflheim used what little psychic force was at his disposal and sent a pulse of energy towards his opponent. Upon getting hit, Duvet was thrown some distance away, and both trainers were stunned at the shockwaves that emanated from the attack. Upon landing, Duvet suddenly felt weary, and went on to close her eyes. "Just one minute," she said.

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Health: 44%
Energy: 29%
Performed: Hidden Power~Yawn~Stored Power
-Confident

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Health: 47%
Energy: 41%
Performed: Solarbeam~Solarbeam~Solarbeam
-In a fitful sleep
Sleeping (severe)

Terrain Notes
-The sun is gone.

Damage and Energy Calculations
Duvet's HP = 63 - 16(stored power) = 47
Duvet's Energy = 63 - 2(solarbeam) - 6(solarbeam) - 6(solarbeam) - 8(solarbeam) = 41
Niflheim's HP = 84 - 17(solarbeam) - 17(solarbeam) - 17(solarbeam) = 44
Niflheim's Energy = 44 - 4(hidden power) - 3(yawn) - 8(stored power) = 29
Duvet's substitute = 15 - 18(hidden power) = 0

Final Notes
-I forgot to charge extra energy for quick charging that solarbeam on the second round, so I docked it off this round.
-The third solarbeam went past the damage cap
-blazhy commands first

Mm'kay, uh... Chill while you can, then give me a 20% Substitute, and end with Last Resort. If Duvet is awake on the last action and is about to Protect or she's unavailable somehow (not including Substitute), use Growth.

Chill ~ Substitute (20%) ~ Last Resort/Growth

Know what, I'll take this match back over. Thanks Skylark for doing it while I was not reffing.

Ugh. Carnage has escalated... D:< Anyways...

First, Duvet, I want you to Chill. You can't do anything else at the moment.

Now for your second action, I want you to Chill again. However,in the event that you do wake up, I want you to Wait, then Encore his substitute.

For the last action, if you remain asleep, I want you to do nothing! If you wake up at the start of the action, let's quickly Encore his substitute. Otherwise, if Niflheim's Last Resort wakes you up, let's Solarbeam.

Chill~Chill/Wait+Encore~Nothing/Encore/Solarbeam

Round Six​

blazheirio889 (O)
EeveeLucky-Egg
Niflheim (M) Run Away
Health: 44%
Energy: 29%
Status: Confident. 4/5 chills left, 1/1 heals left. +3 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed.
Commands: Chill ~ Substitute (20%) ~ Last Resort/Growth

ABCD (O)
CottoneeSun-Stone
Duvet (F) Infiltrator
Health: 47%
Energy: 41%
Status: In a fitful sleep. 5/5 chills left, 1/1 heals left. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack, +3 Defense.
Commands: Chill ~ Chill/Wait+Encore ~ Nothing/Encore/Solarbeam

Duvet begins the round by snoozing peacefully, neither knowing nor caring what her foe might do. Fortunately for her, Niflheim isn’t about to charge or bite or kick; instead the Eevee settles down right where he is, closing his eyes and putting himself in a restorative trance. For a few moments the two Pokemon do nothing but rest in the middle of the battlefield, with energy returning to their bodies in a welcome rush.

Soon Niflheim shakes himself back to alertness, hopping back onto his paws. While Duvet remains blissfully asleep, he uses his newly regained energy to pull several tiles up out of the ground as well as bits of fur from his body; they fly into position as he pours his own life force into them, and he only stops when he’s certain that the new Eevee-shaped construct can stand solidly on its own. The brown and white Substitute takes its place before its creator, watching Duvet with unblinking eyes.

Several seconds pass, but the Cottonee doesn’t get up, and Niflheim curiously peeks past his Substitute. A quick glance at Duvet assures him that she’s not going to do anything right now. Her simple slumber reminds him of just how tired he’s getting; he’s starting to really feel worn out for the first time. He wants this to end quickly and decisively, and a strength born of desperation tingles in his limbs. Slightly dizzy from the sudden rush of power, he nevertheless charges at Duvet, smashing into her with a force he hadn’t known he was capable of. He skids to a halt, feeling the power die down to a light buzz, and as he watches her tumble away all he can think is Whoa.

Duvet finally rolls to a stop, and she blearily opens her eyes to an unexpected bout of pain. Wondering about how she got hit so strongly, she shakes herself back to wakefulness and squints in suspicion at the tail-wagging Eevee before her.

blazheirio889 (O)
EeveeLucky-Egg
Niflheim (M) Run Away
Health: 24%
Energy: 22%
Status: Exhilarated. 3/5 chills left, 1/1 heals left. Has a Substitute with 20% health. +3 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed.
Actions: Chill ~ Substitute (20%) ~ Last Resort

ABCD (O)
CottoneeSun-Stone
Duvet (F) Infiltrator
Health: 30%
Energy: 61%
Status: A bit groggy. 3/5 chills left, 1/1 heals left. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack, +3 Defense.
Actions: Chill ~ Chill ~ nothing

Calculations:
Niflheim’s health: 44% - 20% (Substitute) = 24%
Niflheim’s energy: 29% + 10% (Chill) - 10% (Substitute) - 7% (Last Resort) = 22%
Niflheim’s Substitute: 20%
Duvet’s health: 47% - 17% (Last Resort) = 30%
Duvet’s energy: 41% + 10% (Chill) +10% (Chill) = 61%

Other Notes:
- Duvet woke up at the end of the third action.

Next Round:
- ABCD commands
- blazheirio889 commands

Last edited:
So I guess ABCD is DQ'd at this point. Not how I'd have liked to finish, but oh well.

blazheirio889 gets $8, while Skylark and I get $3. Niflheim and Duvet get 1 exp each.

Back
Top Bottom