• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie's Definitely 100% Legit Serious Mafia Game

I did not use Swap; I used the kill, like I said. By the time I got Swap, the only use of it was exhausted, so I have never actually been able to use Swap.

Hear me out, though: if qva is a mafia goon, then an ability that tells people she targeted them and lets them verify it would be actually useful and very bastard, the first of which would be uncharacteristic for this game but the second of which would be appropriately devilish

did i already say theory: qva and ils are mafia together and that's why q trusted him instantly for flimsy reasons

hmmmmmm.

I used my redirect on sande last night.

Hiikaru, why did you first say that qva targeted you, and then that she targeted herself?

I'm gonna be in another long training all day today, so i'll visit later tonight, but I'm most suspicious of Butterfree and ILS right now. Their stories haven't quite made sense and seem like they could easily be covers for mafia kills.

I was going to say something else but now I've forgotten it

i don't TRUST ils, i just have more reason to think he's town than zero, which makes me feel better about him than some others

i cannot directly quote so here's the summary of everything:

start of the night: automatically ate the mango
night action: use one-use role inspection (from the contest) on butterfree, use inform, which, uh, tells a random player a dead player's name

end of night:
i learned butterfree has kill and swap
learned that qva targeted qva
learned that sanderidge targeted sanderidge

oh i found it
i guess i was in a rush and accidentally wrote the x targeted x line twice? idk that was stupid

sanderidge targeted sanderidge, qva uselessly visited me

I used my redirect on sande last night.

all of your actions are super-convenient for filling in gaps

but then those gaps have to be filled by someone, so it's probably not convenient so much as it's just

how explaining things works

+ you were inactive for real

i was going to try to post a theory that you and sanderidge were mafia together, but that was stupid.

I'm gonna be in another long training all day today, so i'll visit later tonight, but I'm most suspicious of Butterfree and ILS right now. Their stories haven't quite made sense and seem like they could easily be covers for mafia kills.

it's really easy to be suspicious of butterfree since she has kill

what about their stories doesn't quite make sense?

i was ignoring ils before so idk what his story is

1M4ajJxWIbaXwdAY9R4zhTwvO1pDBoAieJopcy0rEDntWvQvaNUMSvSAEBsERVIMjVAEZgrugZxgskgy8jZcKFSC3AijSSY6QlAC.png

hm, i was thinking about butterfree a bit, and i ALREADY find it kind of weird that a townie would have a kill action... that notwithstanding, though, it seems sort of weird for a townie to ONLY have moves with limited uses, except for a kill action. like, i realize this isn't much to go on, but from a pure game setup perspective i feel like it's more of a mafia thing to get a bunch of one-shot powers. generally mafia have kill power, out-of-thread communication power, and then maybe a few one-shots in order to give them a slight upper hand against investigatory/protective roles. whereas town tends to get more continuous roles, since it's all they have to go on. again, not super hard evidence there, but i'm ALREADY glaring at butterfree due to her kill action, and it seems to me that her role in general is more scum-esque than town-esque, at least superficially.

Guys please actually read my posts

I'll have to do it again tonight. I started the game with the Save action that Chem had as a second reusable action, buuuuut then that got swapped off me! So I'm left an obligate vigilante, firing on all cylinders, destroying all in my path until someone destroys me first. It is a tortured life and I will have to go see a doctor about cheering me up, maybe he'll recommend me some clowns.

I was not supposed to have only limited-use actions and a kill action; I ended up that way because somebody swapped Swap onto me in place of my other multi-use action (and Swap was already exhausted, so I couldn't swap that onto anyone else).

I can back up Hiikaru having used Inform last night, by the way, because I was informed Music Dragon was a player in this game and I assume that's what that was.

Hell with it, I'm voting Sandstone-Shadow, I already had a vague gut feeling (hence trying to shoot her last night) and the sudden vague "Butterfree and ILS's stories haven't made sense" with no further explanation really feels like a scum thing.

I do think you guys who are suspecting me for the kill action should consider: why would I, as mafia, go out of my way to tell you about how I'm an obligatorily murderous vigilante who's going to have to kill someone every night (which immediately calls my claim into question if we don't get two kills on a subsequent night when I'm alive, something I as mafia would not be able to guarantee), instead of just saying oh yeah I'm a regular vigilante and I had a hunch about Chemist1422.

For the record, my other powers were Census (the one that told me there are only town and mafia left) and Gift (gives the Gift ability to everyone who did not target my target; this is why I was asking about who got a gift yesterday, but I'm not sure we learned anything useful from that anyway).

I was not supposed to have only limited-use actions and a kill action; I ended up that way because somebody swapped Swap onto me in place of my other multi-use action (and Swap was already exhausted, so I couldn't swap that onto anyone else).
oh, for some reason i was thinking the swap thing was a gift, since i got a useless (empty) gift power too. that checks out though.

I do think you guys who are suspecting me for the kill action should consider: why would I, as mafia, go out of my way to tell you about how I'm an obligatorily murderous vigilante who's going to have to kill someone every night (which immediately calls my claim into question if we don't get two kills on a subsequent night when I'm alive, something I as mafia would not be able to guarantee), instead of just saying oh yeah I'm a regular vigilante and I had a hunch about Chemist1422.
i mean, i don't know, i'm not sure one is really better than the other there. in both versions you're still just explaining why you, for some reason, have a kill action that you supposedly haven't used prior to now. if you were scum, managing to deflect suspicions even if you're caught in the act of killing someone would be kind of best case for you, so i don't think it's impossible that you're making this story up for cover even if it does predicate on you being an inconvenience to town. assuming you're telling the truth, waking up to one kill rather than two tomorrow wouldn't even damn you, it would just suggest that sande healed successfully.

Zvarri! The truth... still has not been elegantly revealed to me, but it is being revealed clunkily, like not pulling a sheet off for a reveal in one go.

I trust Butterfree a little bit more given that there were two kills tonight, not just the one. I won't fully throw my support behind her yet, though, mostly because of how excellently she bamboozled in meowfia.

Back
Top Bottom