• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie's Definitely 100% Legit Serious Mafia Game

sorry guys I'm not home town wins tho

dead people can post etc., I'll make the game end post later

heck yeah

I got myself shot by redirecting all of my actions to myself, which ILS made so it redirected all butterfree's actions to me

oops

Final Votecount

Sandstone-Shadow (2): sanderidge, Hiikaru
sanderidge (1): Sandstone-Shadow

Sandstone-Shadow was lynched. She was:
You are Fallacious Inventor and you are a member of the mafia. You win when you reach parity with the town and all other threats to the mafia have been eliminated.

Each night (except Night 0), one of the mafia must use the Factional Kill night action to target a player outside of the mafia faction. The target of the factional kill will die unless they are saved or the action is otherwise prevented. If you use the Factional Kill action, you may not use another ability the same night.

You have access to the following abilities, of which you may use one per night:

• Inform: Once per night you can inform a random player of a player of your choice's name.
  • Swap: Once during the game you can swap this ability with a random ability belonging to your target.
  • Frame: Once per night you can cause yourself to appear as mafia when investigated until the end of the following day.
  • Trick: Once per night you can give your vote to your target's target until the next lynch. They will not be informed of this.
The mafia faction has been eliminated.

With only members of the town faction remaining, town wins!

Hiikaru survives victorious! He was:
You are Web Addicted Assassin and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Save*: Once during the game you can protect yourself.
  • Inform*: Once per night you can inform a random player of a dead player's name.
  • Trick: Once per night you can give a piece of fruit to yourself until the next lynch.
  • Passive: If someone targets you with a kill they will be given a newly generated ability. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
sanderidge survives victorious! They were:
You are Radioactive Skulker and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Trick: Once per night you can give a piece of fruit to your target.
  • Save*: Once per night you can protect a random target.
  • Investigate: Once per night you can learn the name of a random person targeting your target.

More stuff later! There are some answers to things in DVC, to which I've invited everyone who has a Telegram account. Thank you everyone for playing and making this so awesome, and I really hope you all enjoyed my Celebration of Tcodf!

we were so close, qva! if only Butterfree had shot someone who didn't save themself, we would have done it!

(obviously I did not redirect Butterfree, that was a lie, but I almost had it! so close!)

Thanks for a fun game, everyone! Now to find out who Pagliacci was.

The Final Chapter

ePgqtcZ.png

Armed with their trusty pieces of fruit, Hiikaru and sanderidge advance upon Sandstone-Shadow, the final member of the mafia!

HuTUhPN.png

They slurp out her life and soul as their lord and saviour RedneckPhoenix, the true winner, smiles down upon them.

... Or that's what my scribe told me, anyway.

Final achievement unlocked! RedneckPhoenix's Last Will is revealed!

May 7th, 2019

It has come to my attention that this town is full of a bunch of dumbasses. As such, I will be taking my leave of this gaggle of buffoons. Yunno. For balance.

To the War Fund, I leave absolutely nothing. Good god, y'all.

To the illustrious moderator Eifie, I leave a sizable cache of images which may be used at her discretion.

To the rest of you I leave a boot to the head.

Sincerely,
RedneckPhoenix

Epilogue

Man, this game was a ride. I can't believe you guys actually outposted TV Tropes Mafia for my dumbass shitposting game. You're all the absolute best. At some point I had a bunch of sappy stuff I wanted to say about this game, but I forgot it all, so, whatever.

Thanks for not letting my memes be dreams.

Role PMs

You are Four Masked Chronos and you are a member of the mafia. You win when you reach parity with the town and all other threats to the mafia have been eliminated.

Each night (except Night 0), one of the mafia must use the Factional Kill night action to target a player outside of the mafia faction. The target of the factional kill will die unless they are saved or the action is otherwise prevented. If you use the Factional Kill action, you may not use another ability the same night.

The other members of the mafia are Sandstone-Shadow and qva. You may communicate with them outside of the thread at any time in this thread.

• Inform: Once per night you can inform everyone targeting your target of your target's name.
  • Poison*: Once per night you can poison yourself.
  • Gift: Once during the game you can give a newly generated random ability to two targets.
  • Frame: Once per night you can cause a random player to appear as belonging to a random faction when investigated until the end of the following day.
You are Fallacious Inventor and you are a member of the mafia. You win when you reach parity with the town and all other threats to the mafia have been eliminated.

The other members of the mafia are Stryke and qva. You may communicate with them outside of the thread at any time in this thread.

• Inform: Once per night you can inform a random player of a player of your choice's name.
  • Swap: Once during the game you can swap this ability with a random ability belonging to your target.
  • Frame: Once per night you can cause yourself to appear as mafia when investigated until the end of the following day.
  • Trick: Once per night you can give your vote to your target's target until the next lynch. They will not be informed of this.
You are Undulating Anti-Matter and you are a member of the mafia. You win when you reach parity with the town and all other threats to the mafia have been eliminated.

The other members of the mafia are Stryke and Sandstone-Shadow. You may communicate with them outside of the thread at any time in this thread.

• Frame: Once during the game you can cause any investigative actions by your target to give an incorrect result until the start of the following day.
  • Inform: Once per night you can inform your target of your target.
  • Brainwash: Once during the game you can brainwash your target into performing a protect on everyone who is not targeting you.
  • Passive: If someone targets you they will be given a piece of fruit. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
You are Leaf Robot and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Inform: Once during the game you can inform yourself of your own target.
  • Redirect: Once per night you can redirect the actions of your target to another player.
  • Trick: Once during the game you can give a piece of fruit to a dead player.
  • Investigate: Once per night you can learn the name of yourself.
You are Inert Jester and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Inform: Once per night you can inform your target of a random player's target.
  • Trick: Once per night you can steal the votes of your target's target until the next lynch. You will not know whose vote you have stolen, and they will not know that their vote has been stolen.
  • Gift: Once per night you can give a newly generated random ability to a dead player.
  • Passive: If someone targets you, this ability will be replaced with a random ability belonging to a random player for the rest of the game. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
You are Peculiar Hypnotist and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Block: Once per night you can block a random action performed by yourself.
  • Gift: Once during the game you can give a newly generated random ability to yourself.
  • Investigate: Once per night you can learn the name of a random player.
You are Cult Blogger and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Inform*: Once per night you can inform everyone who is not targeting your target of a random dead player's alignment.
  • Swap: Once per night you can swap this ability with an ability belonging to your target.
  • Passive: If someone targets you they will be given a newly generated ability. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
You are Anti Golem and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Census*: Once during the game you can receive a list of all the alignments in play.
  • Kill*: Once per night you can kill your target.
  • Gift: Once during the game you can give this ability to everyone who is not targeting your target.
  • Save*: Once per night you can pardon a dead player from being lynched at the next lynch vote.
You are Web Addicted Assassin and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Save*: Once during the game you can protect yourself.
  • Inform*: Once per night you can inform a random player of a dead player's name.
  • Trick: Once per night you can give a piece of fruit to yourself until the next lynch.
  • Passive: If someone targets you with a kill they will be given a newly generated ability. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
You are Radioactive Skulker and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Trick: Once per night you can give a piece of fruit to your target.
  • Save*: Once per night you can protect a random target.
  • Investigate: Once per night you can learn the name of a random person targeting your target.
You are Convoluted Healer and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Inform: Once per night you can inform everyone targeting you of your target.
  • Kill*: Once per night you can kill yourself.
  • Investigate: Once per night you can learn the target of your target's target.
  • Gift*: Once during the game you can give this ability to a dead player.
You are Everyone's Favourite Sibling and you are a member of the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

• Gift: Once per night you can give a newly generated random ability to your target.
  • Redirect: Once per night you can redirect the actions of yourself to yourself.
  • Save: Once per night you can pardon your target from being lynched at the next lynch vote. This will not be publicly announced.
  • Trick*: Once per night you can give an extra vote to a dead player until the next lynch.
You are King Fumblefingers and you are a member of the lol keldeo faction. For purposes of win conditions, you are considered a threat to both the town and the mafia (even though you're basically totally nonthreatening and your role is a complete joke).

As king of the realm, you are privy to the Classified Information that all the other roles in this game are a bunch of bullshit taken from a random generator because Eifie thought it would be hilarious to make a bastard game where everyone thinks their roles might do something but it turns out they're all mostly meaningless. You also know that nothing bad will actually happen if people claim their roles. If you mention or hint at this information to anyone you will be immediately modkilled and lose the game.

You also really like fruit. You know that there are other abilities in the game besides your own that can give out pieces of fruit. If at any point in the game each living player (including yourself) possesses at least one piece of fruit, you will win and leave the game victorious. You cannot win the game while dead.

You are in charge of King Fumblefingers' Guard. At the start of the game you are the only member. Members of the Guard have a private chat (here) which they may use to communicate at any time. The Guard chat is anonymous: members will not know each other's names and must post in it using only their role names. For example, you must use the name King Fumblefingers when you post in the Guard chat. (You are not required to put in any additional effort to hide your identity.) If you die or leave the game, the Guard will be disbanded.

• Trick: Once per night, you may give out one piece of fruit to a random player for each living member of King Fumblefingers' Guard.
  • Redistribute*: Once per night, you may take a piece of fruit from your target and give it to someone else. That someone else may be yourself.
  • Passive: At the end of each night, a random living player will be added to King Fumblefingers' Guard. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
  • Passive: At the end of each day and night, you will be told how many pieces of fruit each player possesses at that time. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
  • Passive: The first time you would die (including by lynch), if you are in possession of at least one piece of fruit, you will drop all your fruit instead of dying. (This ability is always in effect and does not prevent you from using another ability at the same time.)
Actions

Stryke: Gift qva and Sandstone-Shadow
Sandstone-Shadow: Swap Butterfree
qva: Inform I liek Squirtles
I liek Squirtles: Investigate (self)
Panini: Trick Keldeo
Music Dragon: Investigate (random target: RedneckPhoenix)
Manti: idle (note: allowing this was a mistake. I thought his version of Swap was once per game and not once per night, meaning that he didn't have any applicable actions.)
Butterfree: idle (all her actions were either N1+ or limited-use)
Hiikaru: Trick (self)
sanderidge: Investigate Sandstone-Shadow
RedneckPhoenix: Inform Keldeo
Chemist1422: randomized: Save Panini
Keldeo: Trick (random target: Manti)

Results:
- Stryke receives a piece of fruit (it's a banana!) and exhausts all uses of the ability Gift.
- Sandstone-Shadow loses the ability Swap and gains Butterfree's ability Save. She is also gifted the ability Redirect: Once per night you can redirect the actions of your target to themself.
- qva is gifted the ability Save: Once per day you can cure your target (of poison).
- I liek Squirtles learns that his name is I liek Squirtles! He also learns that qva targeted him N0.
- Panini steals Manti's vote. She also cannot be lynched D1. Her passive ability is replaced with Block: Once per night you can block a random action performed by yourself.
- Music Dragon learns that RedneckPhoenix is a player in this game! She also learns that RedneckPhoenix targeted Keldeo N0.
- Manti receives an apple!
- Butterfree loses the ability Save and gains Sandstone-Shadow's ability Swap.
- Hiikaru receives a pear, but it will disappear after the next lynch.
- sanderidge learns the name of a random person targeting Sandstone-Shadow N0. Choices: sanderidge, Stryke. Randomized to sanderidge.
- Chemist1422 is added to King Fumblefingers' Guard.
- Keldeo receives a new ability due to Manti's passive. He receives Inform: Once during the game you can inform a dead player of your name.
sanderidge is almost lynched, but since Panini stole Manti's vote, Keldeo is lynched instead.
Hiikaru eats his pear.
Event prizes:
- Butterfree wins a one-shot dayvig.
- Panini wins a one-shot heal.
Joke cover prizes:
- qva gains the ability Trick: Once per night you can give your vote to your target until the next lynch.
- Panini gains the ability Investigate: Once during the game, you can learn the name of everyone targeting your target.
- Butterfree gains the ability Passive: If someone targets you with a poisoning their action fails.
Stryke: Factional Kill sanderidge
Sandstone-Shadow: randomized: Redirect RedneckPhoenix
qva: Inform Panini
I liek Squirtles: randomized: Inform (self)
Panini: one-shot heal sanderidge, Investigate sanderidge
Music Dragon: Gift (self)
Manti: Inform Chemist1422
Butterfree: Census
Hiikaru: Inform Keldeo (randomized secondary target: RedneckPhoenix)
sanderidge: Investigate Butterfree
RedneckPhoenix: Kill (self)
Chemist1422: Gift Hiikaru

Results:
- I have to tell everyone except Manti that Keldeo's alignment is lol keldeo.
- I liek Squirtles learns that I liek Squirtles targeted I liek Squirtles N1!
- Panini learns that qva targeted her N1, and that Stryke and Panini targeted sanderidge N1. She exhausts all uses of the ability Investigate.
- Music Dragon is gifted the ability Kill: Once during the game you can kill a random person targeting your target. She exhausts all uses of the ability Gift.
- Butterfree learns that the remaining factions are town and mafia, and exhausts all uses of the ability Census.
- sanderidge is targeted with a kill, but survives. They learn the name of a random person targeting Butterfree N1. Choices: sanderidge. Randomized to sanderidge.
- RedneckPhoenix learns Keldeo's name! Then he dies.
- Hiikaru is gifted the ability Passive: If someone targets you with a vote steal their action fails.
Stryke is lynched.
Sandstone-Shadow: randomized: Factional Kill Manti
qva: randomized: Inform Chemist1422
I liek Squirtles: randomized: Redirect Panini to sanderidge
Panini: Trick Hiikaru (redirected to sanderidge)
Music Dragon: randomized: Investigate (randomized target: Hiikaru)
Manti: randomized: Swap Music Dragon
Butterfree: Gift Panini
Hiikaru: Trick (self)
sanderidge: Save (randomized target: Music Dragon)
Chemist1422: Gift Panini

Results:
- Everyone except Butterfree, I liek Squirtles, and Chemist1422 gains a copy of the Gift ability with 0 uses left.
- Due to Manti's passive, Sandstone-Shadow gains the ability Census: Once per night you can receive a list of all the alignments in play.
- Panini steals Music Dragon's vote. She is gifted the ability Frame: Once per night you can cause any investigative actions by yourself to give the wrong result until the end of the following day.
- Music Dragon learns that Hiikaru is a player in this game! She loses the ability Block and gains Manti's Swap ability.
- Manti loses the ability Swap and gains Music Dragon's Block ability. Then he dies.
- Butterfree exhausts all uses of the ability Gift.
- Hiikaru gets a mango, but it will disappear after the next lynch.
- Chemist1422 learns that qva targeted him N2.
Music Dragon is lynched.
Hiikaru eats his mango.
Event prizes:
- qva wins a one-shot nightkill.
- Music Dragon wins a one-shot alignment inspection.
- I liek Squirtles, Panini, Butterfree, Hiikaru each win a one-shot double rolecop.
- RedneckPhoenix wins a colander hat.
- Keldeo wins an avocado.
- qva wins a one-shot motivate.
Sandstone-Shadow: Redirect sanderidge
qva: Motivate (self), Factional Kill Panini, Inform Hiikaru
I liek Squirtles: Rolecop qva, Redirect Chemist1422 to Butterfree
Panini: Inform Hiikaru
Butterfree: Rolecop Chemist1422, Kill Sandstone-Shadow
Hiikaru: Rolecop Butterfree, Inform (randomized target: Butterfree, randomized secondary target: Music Dragon)
sanderidge: randomized: Save (randomized target: qva), redirected to sanderidge
Chemist1422: Redirect (self), redirected to Butterfree

Results:
- qva receives a piece of fruit for targeting herself! It's a bunch of grapes.
- I liek Squirtles learns of qva's abilities Inform and Gift.
- Panini dies.
- Butterfree learns Music Dragon's name! She also learns of Chemist1422's abilities Redirect and Trick.
- Hiikaru learns of Butterfree's abilities Kill and Swap. He also learns that sanderidge targeted sanderidge on N3. He also learns one of qva's N3 targets. Choices: qva, Panini, Hiikaru. Randomized to Hiikaru.
- Chemist redirects Butterfree's kill to himself and dies. (The other possible interpretation of this was that the effect "redirect all self's actions to self" was redirected to Butterfree, which would result in Butterfree killing herself, but I thought this one was funnier.)
Butterfree shoots ILS.
qva is lynched.
Sandstone-Shadow: Factional Kill Butterfree
Butterfree: Kill Hiikaru
Hiikaru: Save (self)
sanderidge: Investigate Hiikaru

Results:
- Butterfree gains a newly-generated ability due to Hiikaru's passive, but then she dies, so I didn't generate it.
- Hiikaru is shot, but doesn't die. He exhausts all uses of the ability Save.
- sanderidge learns the name of a random person targeting Hiikaru N4. Choices: sanderidge, Hiikaru, Butterfree. Randomized result (after rerolling like a dozen times because it kept landing on sanderidge and that was getting boring and I'm allowed to do this because bastard): Hiikaru.
Sandstone-Shadow is lynched.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom