• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Buizel's nonseniscal tails

Zhorken

groove out!
Pronoun
they or she
Buizel and Floatzel can rotate their double tails like propellors to speed through water, and in the anime, this power has also been used to fly.

Of course, this makes no sense. So without delving too deep (yet): If you paint a stripe down one side of a Buizel's tail and across its thigh, and then it rotates its tails halfway, what do you imagine happens to the stripe? Does it break? Streak across its butt? Slide to the other tail?

I imagine the entire part rotates, skin and all, so I figure the stripe would break. There's a division somewhere under the fur, I guess.

Last edited:
I imagine the entire part rotates, skin and all, so I figure the stripe would break. There's a division somewhere under the fur, I guess.

Well that's what would make the most sense. So of course that can't be true.

Maybe you just shouldn't think about it too much? I don't know.

Like, either tail's base connects with a small bone that in turn connects to a joint at the end of the spine. The joint allows a spinning motion but not rotation in any other way. Not sure how fur or muscle or skin would work with that, though.

I imagine it would work like Tails from Sonic... which isn't very helpful, of course. I imagine the bone can somehow rotate and there's some fur to hide the break in skin.

Well, I'd think the skin and fur would be separate from the muscle and bones, and there is a lubricant between them, so while the tail is moving in a rotational fashion, the surface (skin and fur) does not rotate.

The muscle and skin is completely separate; the only thing connecting it is a ball-socket joint and some muscles to allow the bone to spin.

Alternatively, Pokemon are hax.

Well, I'd think the skin and fur would be separate from the muscle and bones, and there is a lubricant between them, so while the tail is moving in a rotational fashion, the surface (skin and fur) does not rotate.

It has two tails. Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom