• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Talent contest thingy

Music Dragon

Doosic Maggon
Pronoun
she
Already shared this story with some people here, but I'm pretty proud of myself, so I figured I might as well post it.

Anyway, we had this talent contest thingy yesterday. Two of the girls in my new class decided to organize it (and didn't let anyone know until two days in advance, which was pretty stupid, but whatever). They're a little, you know, out there, so the whole thing was pretty disorganized and chaotic, but it was fun, so hey.

Everyone who wanted to watch and/or participate had to bring two cinnamon rolls and donate them, and then the person who won the contest would also win all the cinnamon rolls. There were about fifty rolls all in all.

Anyway, the participants were: three girls dancing The Ketchup Dance and the Macarena; two girls doing pretty much every well-known dance in existence; a guy playing "Popcorn" by opening his mouth and snapping his fingers against his cheeks; and a guy who did a funny face. So in other words it wasn't very interesting.

Anyway, after they were done, everyone was all: "Hey Chen, aren't you going to do something?" And I said that I didn't have any talents, but they went: "Oh, come on, do something!"

And at first I refused, but then they all started chanting my name ("Chen! Chen! Chen!") and, you know, when people do that, you don't really have any choice! So I went up on the stage, and then I just stood there for a while trying to figure out what I was going to do.

And this random guy in the audience said: "I can put on some Arabic music for you to dance to!"

And, well, he did. And I danced. Now, I'm not very good at dancing... and I really don't think it was a pretty sight...

...but apparently everyone loved it. And afterwards, everyone voted for me to win. So I won fifty cinnamon rolls!

Although I didn't actually eat them. I gave them back to the people who had originally bought them, because, you know... It's not the price that's important. What matters is actually winning.

Still, it quite made my day. I mean, gee...!

Last edited:
WHY DID YOU NOT TAKE THE CINNAMON ROLLS.

WHY.

you could have at least given them to ME

DANCE MD DANCE! :DD

Hee; those kinds of things are always so great when you throw yourself into them. Well done and congratulations :3

That sounded really fun. I'm glad you enjoyed the Arabic Music and gave back the cinnamon rolls and stuff.
woo

Back
Top Bottom