• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hail in JUNE!? (AKA Return of the Crazy Weather)

Well we got the hail too. Yesterday, for almost 10 minutes. It wasn't cold outside or anything. (never is this time of year)

I was blinded by lightning for about a second driving home, though.

My favorite weather phenomenon has to be a sun shower, rain that falls while the sky is mostly clear. Feels really nice.

Here in NC, we got hail for 2 seconds in a five-foot cube, but it was still hail. And it was sunny outside. What is the world coming to?

I have come from montana to own all your weather-related stories!

Hail in June, July, And August, Except when below 50 degrees.
Constant 30-40-50 degree weather during summer, Except when Hailing or about to hail. If it is hailing the temperature jumps to levels found only in hell.

In winter the temperature will range from 40 to -60. Yet it will never snow when the temperature is less than 10 degrees.

It will rain on Christmas, Snow on the fourth of july, Be too windy for fireworks on new years, And be a combo of all three on Halloween.

If it is winter and the temperature is less than 10 degrees it will rain, If it is winter and the temperature is between 11 and 32 degrees it will snow.

During thunder storms you will have power the whole time but if it is ever a clear blue day you will lose power until the wind/rain/snow resumes {Not really weather related but it's close <.<}

If anyone wants to go up against this i have more stories if you want them <.<

Weather is crazy here in Ohio. ): Temperature's been all over the place - close to 90' one day and 60's and rainy the next. The sun is schizophrenic and weather is generally blah. Nothing terrible but still, it's a bummer when you're trying to do things outside. We had a lot of hail last summer, but none so far this year.

Hailed here too. For like 5 minutes. Also been having a bunch of intense thunderstorms that start very suddenly, go for like 5 or 10 minutes, then stop. Just like that.

Then again, strange weather is par for the course here.

Best summer ever, I think. At least weatherwise. It only happened once, but it was July, so it's good: it was raining heavily, hailing lumps bigger than HAZELNUTS, and one could never get farther than to "one" when counting the distance between flash and thunder. In JULY.

:D

Too bad it only lasted for half an hour...

Where I live it hasn't been so bad, but it was really cold today - about 50 degrees. We would've gone biking today but it was freezing..

After a really harsh and long winter that lasted into May, I was expecting a warmer summer, but oh well.

Earlier this year it snowed on the first of March.

This is an area of the country that only occasionally gets snow in January, let alone March.

It just thundered without rain. Made me jump a little, was not expecting that.

According to someone I follow on Twitter who lives a bit more north than I do (not hard, since I'm in Devon), it hailed a bit in the UK today. Goodbye, August~ ):

It was just raining very heavily non-stop for over 48 hours here. I got sent home from school because of flooding on the roads!
It's stopped now though.

Back
Top Bottom